It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many people Like my self who post here have Dyslexia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wile I enjoy reading many great well written post i rarly post my self .
I have Dyslexia and also seam to swich letters in words quite alot As excample The become teh or that becomes thta or taht .
Wile I do my best to correct these errors Even spell checkers will through up tehre none excistance hands at some of my spelling lol .And other times I have no access to a spell checker like now being on a public computer.
Now I know there are many of US (people who have ((Dyslexia (that was copy and past btw))or things similar to this. It would be really Nice if people here Understand just because I have Dyslexia.
That doesnt meen I am not"" intellagent (spelling?) Its just meens my typing and spelling really bite .
There is always the chance That something I post justy may be the very thing that makes you stop and say wow finly a answer .
anyway This post is for all of US who have Dyslexia And other things . We need no constant reminders we have this thank you very much .any more then you want to be constintaly reminded of how ((what ever area you are weak in is.
Lol reading this post again I see so many errors lets see if I can correct tehm Humm all. stupid page wont let me click the line back to delite and retype?
edit on 21-11-2013 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)
thrid attempt at correcting errors I bet someone can find more errors.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightstar

Don't worry about it. We all know what you are typing. Anyone who is mean to you is a dick. Just relax and type away my friend. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
edit on 21-11-2013 by catfishjoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You are brave to post this.
Thank you.
I'm sure your post helped someone.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
No problem that I see because it was easy to see you werent just lazy or uneducated in your posts. I dont care how you spell your thoughts.. just make sure they are great thoughts.

By the way, #6 question on the dyslexia screen is : Do you find you still have spelling mistakes in your writing
even after Spell Check?

Google seems to baffle some folks, so I have provided them a link to read up on a common problem that they cant seem to pick up on in their rush to bash someone : www.interdys.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
In the past four years, I have developed the math version of dyslexia. It's dyscalculia. My numbers jumble now. I had to give up 'doing the check book'. It was starting to look really wild ...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

People sometime care more about the packaging of the message than the actual message. I apologize in advance, I turn into a grammar Nazi every now and then.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

FlyersFan
In the past four years, I have developed the math version of dyslexia. It's dyscalculia. My numbers jumble now. I had to give up 'doing the check book'. It was starting to look really wild ...

Maybe thats what my wife has.....our checking account is always negative!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
well it is really anoying No matter how hard I try no matter how many times I correct there are still errors .
Really wish there was a pill for this lol. And thing is I love science expecialy space science and know quite a lot about it which is most of what I look on ATS for ((Hey maybe that next mars rock ((sure looks like a rock .Will accutly be a ginia pig lol

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

There is an edit button on the top of your post.

I've noticed I have light problems with letter order and sometimes my brain sees the wrong words. It takes a lot of energy to make sure I am writing the right things. I read over my posts a few times mainly for thought continuity, but the red squiggly lines tell me enough.

I mix number order up easy too.

Your post was hard for me to read.
Good luck.
edit on 11/21/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Dustytoad

I've noticed I have light problems with letter order and sometimes my brain sees the wrong words. It takes a lot of energy to make sure I am writing the right things. I read over my posts a few times mainly for thought continuity, but the red squiggly lines tell me enough.

Your post was hard for me to read.
Good luck.

Its always easy to tell when dyslexics do that. Its not constant, but they often times choose the wrong word when there's multiple choice in spellcheck and Id rather figure out the word with bad spelling than the whole wrong word! LOL!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Dustytoad

A dyslexic (or someone with dyscalculia) won't see the errors in order to fix them.
I could stare and stare at the check book and see nothing wrong.
My husband would have to point out the errors to me. I simply couldn't see any.
It looked fine to me.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
One last reply I have been coming here well years longer then my screen name is . And for a wile it got bad with flaming But I see peole are slowly going back to what matters in a post and even trolling has gotton less (what left is so oves lol anyway Thanks for the great replys nice to see the old ATS comming back
Yea its like that for me as well I dont see erorrs alest untill I look through a few times and theres always one left over for the flamers lol.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The flaming and trolling comes in like the tide and I have noticed it coincides more with vacation time from school.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I know the pain.

Dylexia here.

Reading is fine but spelling is terrible.

It pisses me off when people treat you like a 12 year kid.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

thanks for starting this thread, it's a good reminder...I have only corrected spelling of others a couple of times.... the 1 thing that is really annoying is a really big post and no paragraphs!!!!! I can't read more than about 3 sentences and my brain goes tilt, I can't finish reading it.

as long as I can understand what is being said, a little misspellings is not a big deal.

I know someone who is super smart but can't spell worth beans, thank god computers and spell check came along while he was still in school!!! When he has to write long hand, his brain gets really tired and he can't think anymore.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Advantage
No problem that I see because it was easy to see you werent just lazy or uneducated in your posts. I dont care how you spell your thoughts.. just make sure they are great thoughts.

By the way, #6 question on the dyslexia screen is : Do you find you still have spelling mistakes in your writing
even after Spell Check?

Google seems to baffle some folks, so I have provided them a link to read up on a common problem that they cant seem to pick up on in their rush to bash someone : www.interdys.org...
your post actually highlights whats wrong with people,if you had left it at people being lazy then that was fine but you then included uneducated people.

so uneducated people shouldn,t post?i consider myself uneducated through no fault but my own cause in my school days i just wasn,t interested,big regrets today but should it mean i can,t post here?

and what about the people who are uneducated but not their fault should they also not post here?i don,t see the big deal in how a post is written as long as you get what its about.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I hear you ...I think that ATS is quite understanding and patience ..The board seems to love Cheesey so maybe they can have a bit of love for critters like you and I ...peace and forget the fear and go for it ...peace

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

midnightstar
One last reply I have been coming here well years longer then my screen name is . And for a wile it got bad with flaming But I see peole are slowly going back to what matters in a post and even trolling has gotton less (what left is so oves lol anyway Thanks for the great replys nice to see the old ATS comming back
Yea its like that for me as well I dont see erorrs alest untill I look through a few times and theres always one left over for the flamers lol.

Thanks for bringing this to every one's attention
You are right, there needs to be more awareness for people such as yourself that have Dyslexia.

This is a very courageous thing for you to do & don't give up on posting.
We all have our flaws, no one is perfect, I know I'm not.

I have problems getting my thoughts out of my head to the PC without getting them screwed up due to the fact I'm focusing on my typing, not the thoughts themselves. Then I forget what I was trying to say.
And my comment loses it's luster
And yeah, thank goodness for 'spell checker'...like right now, half my words are misspelled. LOL.

Thanks again for posting this and don't let others discourage you
ATS is a site is to learn & share.....this is not an English-spelling class

Much respect~
snarky

S&F

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

FlyersFan

A dyslexic (or someone with dyscalculia) won't see the errors in order to fix them.
I could stare and stare at the check book and see nothing wrong.
My husband would have to point out the errors to me. I simply couldn't see any.
It looked fine to me.

I was responding to a question.

OP asked "I can't edit my post!?" or something like that. I wasn't being snarky or anything. I am only on the edge of having problems but when I do I can't see it either. I choose entorely wrong words a lot of the time, but at this point I have trained myself to stare for the red squiggles.

Let's not even talk about my spelling issues. Sometimes I can correct a word in 10 different ways and still not have it right so I have to give up and make a new snetence haha

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Advantage

even after Spell Check?

sparky31
your post actually highlights whats wrong with people,if you had left it at people being lazy then that was fine but you then included uneducated people.

so uneducated people shouldn,t post?i consider myself uneducated through no fault but my own cause in my school days i just wasn,t interested,big regrets today but should it mean i can,t post here?

and what about the people who are uneducated but not their fault should they also not post here?i don,t see the big deal in how a post is written as long as you get what its about.

perhaps she meant MIS-educated, like folks who use commas or semi colons instead of apostrophes hmmmm?
[though laziness often is a factor]

or the many members who were "educated" using the PhonicsMethod,
the stupidest way to teach english writing IMO.

advantage is right about spell checkers also

I've a touch of dyslexia myself, shows up when I'm really tired, not as bad as my lil bro and sis though, those two will even write letters backward making it look like russian...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join