It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Suddenly Understood Something About Mary

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

REMINDER!!!

This is the topic:

I Suddenly Understood Something About Mary

Please discuss it and not each other:
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Mary is a metaphor for anyone's biological mother, right?

If that's the case, then who's a metaphor for my biological father?

I have had a very hard time forgiving my mother so this thread resonates with me a bit when I think of it as a metaphor for my mother. Thanks for posting. I think I will have to learn more about what religions say about Mary and my relationship to her.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

LOL, you must have been watching SYFY's "Paranormal Witness" about the catholic excorcism.

It's not that we don't remember her or don't want to honor her, but who is it that we should be honoring first. Maryam was just an instrument to bring the Lord into this physical human reality. She was present with other women in the upper room at Shavuot, true enough and she was an apostle in the Lord, but her role is finished.

For what should we "hail" Mary? Who is our intercessor, Mary or Christ? If she were alive today to see people hailing her and calling on her, what would be the Hebrew woman's reaction? It would be one of horror.

edit on 23-11-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

introspectionist
Mary is a metaphor for anyone's biological mother, right?

If that's the case, then who's a metaphor for my biological father?

I have had a very hard time forgiving my mother so this thread resonates with me a bit when I think of it as a metaphor for my mother. Thanks for posting. I think I will have to learn more about what religions say about Mary and my relationship to her.

Then the post may have been just for you if it spoke to you in that way.

God is our Father.

You have heard beyond just words on a screen, and it was very real to you. That's what the Holy Spirit does, it gives you revelation to move us from our own current way of thinking to show us something better. It is more than a metaphor.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

lonewolf19792000
true enough and she was an apostle in the Lord, but her role is finished.

How do you know?
When we move on to the next life ... are we 'finished' ... or are we just getting started?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

lonewolf19792000

LOL, you must have been watching SYFY's "Paranormal Witness" about the catholic excorcism.

It's not that we don't remember her or don't want to honor her, but who is it that we should be honoring first. Maryam was just an instrument to bring the Lord into this physical human reality. She was present with other women in the upper room at Shavuot, true enough and she was an apostle in the Lord, but her role is finished.

For what should we "hail" Mary? Who is our intercessor, Mary or Christ? If she were alive today to see people hailing her and calling on her, what would be the Hebrew woman's reaction? It would be one of horror.

Yeah, that's the show.

But I had to ask though, who is the woman clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet that had gone into the wilderness to give birth and the dragon went to make war with her for the baby being born? That woman can't be the church because the church didn't give birth to Christ.

But there was a war against her. The Catholic church didn't give birth to Christ either, so this woman, was a mother, and not the Bride as the church is called.

Who was this woman, lonewolf? We can say all kinds of things about who she was, but one thing is for sure, she was a woman who gave birth that the dragon went to make war with. That's a mystery, lonewolf and it isn't the Church.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

"The church" may not have given birth to Jesus, but God's people did, if "God's people" is extended backwards in time to include both testaments. As surely it should be.
And in what sense did the individual Mary do the "flight into the wilderness" described later in the same chapter? That is the sort of thing that happens to a symbolic figure.

edit on 23-11-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

DISRAELI

"The church" may not have given birth to Jesus, but God's people did, if "God's people" is extended backwards in time to include both testaments. As surely it should be.
And in what sense did the individual Mary do the "flight into the wilderness" described later in the same chapter? That is the sort of thing that happens to a symbolic figure.

I always said Judaism is our mother. She travailed in the wilderness. Mary did go into Egypt though. But I suppose I could see how Judaism is clothed with the sun and the moon is under her feet.

If the sun was the Star of David, then the Bible correctly calls the sun a star. But then why throughout the OT was God always referred to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and never The God of Sarah, Rebecca and Rachel?

Why is the OT focused more on the patriarchs?

I don't understand that one, if in the last chapter, it speaks so much of women. Then we get into the whole Whore of Babylon thing, but the Bible is clear there were three women spoken of in Revelation, so the woman clothed with the sun, even though she is the mother, can't be the Bride also after, if she was the Bride first.

And the Spirit and the Bride say come....well, that Bride is already in heaven, so who is this Bride, if the church is the Bride, already in heaven?

Why does Revelation suddenly take an interest in the role of women, that we didn't see prior? Is the mother Sarah? Is Rebecca the Bride? Is Rachel the Whore of Babylon? (OK nobody accuse Rachel of that)

But we can see how someone might just make a new interpretation off what I just posted. So people, be careful to not make any false accusation against these women, please?

The Spirit and the Bride say come.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I did a number of threads on these themes in my Revelation series, several on ch12 and four or five on the Harlot of Babylon.
The key to understanding them both is to read Jeremiah ch4 vv30-31.
This is Jeremiah addressing Judah, or more specifically jerusalem.
When you read this passage, it becomes immediately obvious that the "woman" being addressed here is the original model for BOTH the main women of Revelation.
v30 ("you deck yourself in scarlet") is the model for the Harlot, while v31 ("I heard a cry as of a woman in travail") is the model for the woman in ch12.
In effect these two women have taken the woman of Jeremiah's passage, split her down the middle, and taken half each.
The conclusion I came to was that they represent the "faithful" and "unfaithful" sides of God's people.
A woman, as an image for God's people, has lots of Old Testament precedent.
It keeps turning up in the prophets, like the beginning of Hosea, and Ezekiel ch16.
Also, I believe, the Song of Songs (I did a thread series on that as well).
So this meaning for the image is very well established.

Incidentally, the women of Genesis are certainly treated as very important within Genesis, in any case. See, for example, the importance attached to Sarah and Rachel as ancestors, and the importance of their tombs.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

"Behold, woman (look mom), I make all things new!"

~ Jesus, to his mother, while carrying the cross.. :' (

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

WarminIndy

lonewolf19792000

Yeah, that's the show.

But I had to ask though, who is the woman clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet that had gone into the wilderness to give birth and the dragon went to make war with her for the baby being born? That woman can't be the church because the church didn't give birth to Christ.

But there was a war against her. The Catholic church didn't give birth to Christ either, so this woman, was a mother, and not the Bride as the church is called.

Who was this woman, lonewolf? We can say all kinds of things about who she was, but one thing is for sure, she was a woman who gave birth that the dragon went to make war with. That's a mystery, lonewolf and it isn't the Church.

It's not Mary. I'll give you a few hints.

Prophet speak, women represents religions, cities or churches.

If the church didn't come along till after Christ, then who can she be?

What was Christ? What tribe? What was our predecessor?

Here's another hint: Salvation is of the jews.

Last hint. Look at my avatar.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Here is a good video on Our Lady and scripture....

edit on 24-11-2013 by Dino77 because: video selection

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

lonewolf19792000

I'll give you one hint ... the Woman Clothed with the Sun IS MARY.
How's that for a direct hint.
(Fundamentalists just HATE to admit that she is ... )

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

FlyersFan

lonewolf19792000

One major problem with that. Mary didn't go into the wilderness to be fed 1,260 days or 3.5 years on a 360 day calendar (Hebrew).

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

lonewolf19792000

FlyersFan

lonewolf19792000

One major problem with that. Mary didn't go into the wilderness to be fed 1,260 days or 3.5 years on a 360 day calendar (Hebrew).

Well, actually she did. Gabriel had warned her to go into Egypt until the danger from Herod had passed. So yes, she did take flight into Egypt very quickly and was gone until it was safe to go back to Israel.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

You seem a little confused, the Virgin Mary gave birth to Jesus. If you believe in Jesus, you have to believe in Mary. Look up Virgin Mary apparition on you tube, I think back in the 1970's Virgin Mary appeared almost every night for a couple of years in Egypt. It is well documented and many photos available, watch the videos, it's pretty amazing. The way I see it, whether you pray to God and are iffy about Mary and Jesus, it's ok. Hopefully, if you are curious, pray that you will be shown the truth.

About possessions, read the book called "The Demonologists" excellent book that will give you some great real life stories and educate you on the dark side to protect yourself.

Checkout the info I listed above and get back to me.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

maxzen2004

You seem a little confused, the Virgin Mary gave birth to Jesus. If you believe in Jesus, you have to believe in Mary. Look up Virgin Mary apparition on you tube, I think back in the 1970's Virgin Mary appeared almost every night for a couple of years in Egypt. It is well documented and many photos available, watch the videos, it's pretty amazing. The way I see it, whether you pray to God and are iffy about Mary and Jesus, it's ok. Hopefully, if you are curious, pray that you will be shown the truth.

About possessions, read the book called "The Demonologists" excellent book that will give you some great real life stories and educate you on the dark side to protect yourself.

Checkout the info I listed above and get back to me.

Thank you Maxzen, but I was not confused, just a little unknowing about the proper view of Mary because I am a Protestant.

I know about that dark side already, and am covered, but thank you for being concerned. I will look for that book.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

WarminIndy

lonewolf19792000

FlyersFan

lonewolf19792000

Well, actually she did. Gabriel had warned her to go into Egypt until the danger from Herod had passed. So yes, she did take flight into Egypt very quickly and was gone until it was safe to go back to Israel.

Where does it say she spent 3.5 years in the wilderness?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

lonewolf19792000

WarminIndy

lonewolf19792000

FlyersFan

lonewolf19792000

Where does it say she spent 3.5 years in the wilderness?

That's one of the things about the silence of His childhood. How long much time passed between Herod the Great issuing the command that all the little boys were to be killed until Mary went back to Israel? We know He did grow up in Nazareth, but how long was the time spent in Egypt?

That is what the Bible is silent on, and what people have speculated and assumed. But for Him to grow up in Nazareth after being in Egypt, then it makes it possible that it may have been that time. And we will never know unless someone finds text to support it.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Very Good Post:-)
The Pure One as Jesus calls his Mother, is the first human being to enter Heaven. Jesus Christ Opened the Gates to Heaven for us, remember Jesus was in exile when he came down to Earth, he was ready to go Home, ready to be with his Father God!
If you Pray to Mary you make the Father and Son Very Happy, you lose no graces from God in fact you gain much for trusting the one who brought his Son into the World!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join