It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Let Your Kids Play Outside - You Could Be Arrested!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

And thank You,that made me smile-sounds a lot like my childhood
gosh the world was so much freer and safer back then,even girls could be out on their bikes all over town+surrounds,play outside after dark.TV only came to my country when I was 10yo+even then we still spent the vast majority of time outside.I was a big tomboy+had lil dude-friends,climbing trees+exploring,I must have been the world's youngest urban explorer,growing up in an industrial area.Good times
and Olympic level fitness to go with it!

This is so messed-up,especially as the mom Was supervising-and having to be arrested+locked up for letting one's kids play outside-well that just beggars belief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If cops got called out for that in my country they would not be well pleased-with the idiot who called in the complaint.Propably the neighbour had no concern for the children anyway-it was propably a case of just not wanting to hear the sounds of kids having fun+finding it a disturbance.Or a petty way of harming this family because he/she had beef with them.Either way,how ridiculous and just plain fecked up.I feel sorry for the mom having to live close to such a pathetic+petty person.I do hope her case is successful and that she is suing for a truly crippling amount,including the feeble pathetic neighbour who reported her.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

First off this story is over a YEAR OLD...
Why is that website drudging this up like its new news? What agenda are they pushing?

Secondly, the arrest was the result of false testimony by a neighbor, which really does not make it the polices fault.

Third, the children were not just “playing” outside, I believe that they were operating a motorized scooter in the street.

Fourth, the DA dropped all charges when it came to light that the neighbor was lying.

Finally, the lady is suing the police department, and the neighbor. Since the police were given a false statement by the neighbor, I doubt that she will win her case against them unless she can prove some sort of negligence on their part, but she will most likely win against her neighbor.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Our government has gotten entirely way too big and way too nosey. When I was a kid, if you wanted something in the grocery store and your mom said "No" and you decided to throw a temper tantrum, your mom would simply pull your pants down and beat your ass. Now, if you try to do that to your kids, it's called "Child Abuse"! The government is trying to tell us how to raise our kids, what we can eat, what we can drink and before you know it, they will enforce a "Lights Out" curfew every night at eight o clock. They want to control us all and make us do their bidding. If the people of the United States don't stop the government and big business from their way of thinking, we are gonna wind up living in a communist state, where we work all day for a loaf of bread.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Please note that these “scooters” have heavy duty breaks, tires, and some type of battery packs on the bottom. These are motorized, and legally in many states would require parental supervision for use by a minor. In some states they may also have rules regarding the use of such vehicles on the “road”, even in a residential cul-de-sac.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Cops arresting people for riding scooters in the culdesac out front of their home, then in another thread you got cops beating down and arresting people riding on the sidewalks.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

How does the Boston Bombing/Waterton have anything to do with this woman and her children's actions?

I can tell you this, if I had to go to and from work in my car daily -- I'd be annoyed by kids on powered scooters. I'd also be annoyed of those kids rode those things at all hours of the day/night. It's the annoying dog next door scenario, only with kids involved.

Perhaps the neighbors should have communicated better. But i'd be upset by a kids in my cul-d-sac riding motorized scooters all over the place. I'd be afraid of hitting them constantly.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

i think you are being paid way to much of the peoples money!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

well your story reminds me of this one

but the cops here got owned

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
As far as I am aware Texas law does not even state a specific age at which children can be left at home alone. If mom is home and kids are outside playing then I don't know what the problem is here. I am guessing there is more to the story than what Mrs Cooper is saying. I am guessing she did or said something that got the cops angry and they arrested her for "disrespecting" them. I could be wrong!

Sal

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I lived the urban version of that childhood - in Las Vegas (a dangerous place for kids). If the sun was shining (and even if it wasn't), my friends and I were out on our bicycles. If we were 10 miles from home - we were taking it easy that day. During the summer - we would ride our bikes across town and spend the day bouncing between wet-and-wild and circus-circus - arriving before the park opened and returning home after the sun went down.

Middle of the desert, no civilization in sight - yup
Urban sprawl - dark alleyways and shortcuts through private property - yup
Construction sites - yup
Late nights showing the police that you cannot catch a kid on a bike in a town with alleys - yup

We did all that and more.

These days, I'm afraid for my kids because I've seen the sex-offender map for my area - and I'm rural now!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I grew up in a town of 500 people...when the street light came on I had to head back towards home....all the kids ran around all over playing without a care. Sometimes my mom would yell my name at the same time other moms would yell their kids names....the calls would travel down the street and one of us would hear one of the calls and we all knew we had to head back home after being outside unsupervised for hours upon hours.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

First off this story is over a YEAR OLD...
Why is that website drudging this up like its new news? What agenda are they pushing?

Secondly, the arrest was the result of false testimony by a neighbor, which really does not make it the polices fault.

Third, the children were not just “playing” outside, I believe that they were operating a motorized scooter in the street.

Fourth, the DA dropped all charges when it came to light that the neighbor was lying.

Finally, the lady is suing the police department, and the neighbor. Since the police were given a false statement by the neighbor, I doubt that she will win her case against them unless she can prove some sort of negligence on their part, but she will most likely win against her neighbor.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Oh look at that, someone shedding light on to the story. And that would be considered justice. According to a few in this thread, they want the woman to rip millions from the police department to 'teach them a lesson'.

So that lesson would be to not react on tips from the community. Which is trying to set what standard exactly? If someone sees a child being kidnapped or suspects a creepy old man in the community of being a predator, the police shouldn't act on it because fear of being sued for millions from bad intel.

The fault lies completely with the neighbour and giving false testimony. Of course, the woman's arrest record should be expunged as well.

Thanks for breathing some reality in this.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
In the mid 70's I lived in Michigan my parents moved north from the big cities. I was 12/13yrs old. I had a snowmobile license, youth hunting, fishing, trapping license. School had a class called conservation and we learned how to shoot a bow, set animal traps, and shoot a 4/10 shotgun. Also about growing crops and trees and weather patterns. Really interesting stuff. Drove my snow machine about 12 miles to school now and then the same as the other kids. I walked thru town with my 22lr over my shoulder, had my own chain saw, fished all nite with my cousin for bullheads, got chewed up by blackflies, bit by a snapping turtle, had girls that could tear you up in a snowball fight, ect........ and loved it all. The children today are missing out on how to be independent, it's a sad thing. My father trusted me and he would say.....don't make me come looking for ya.....and he never had to. I'm still alive!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Look at kids nowadays. I can only imagine what they will be like in the future. There is a certain amount of personal growth and "growing up" that everyone needs to do, and like almost everyone here, I was not sheltered. There are many things wrong with parenting nowadays, but a whole lot is also wrong with people attempting to tell other people how they can raise their children. Especially the government and their goons.

The whole mentality of "everybody gets a trophy," and parents throwing fits at the school and whoever else they think is "mistreating" their child, etc, etc. The majority of the time it is just STUPID parents. Look at this case. A nosy neighbor. Obviously the kids weren't doing anything wrong, and definitely were not being endangered. The kind of person who would actually call the police or complain about something like this is just sorry. Complainers. Complaining is one thing, but taking the necessary steps that many parents take is just ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The police are always right. It might appear they only follow orders but they do so willingly. I'm all for childrens safety but the punishment is too harsh and too ineffective. There should be cybercops who post tickets on social media sites so people around them know the offense and they could argue with them about it. This way a lot of resources would be saved which would benefit the economy also. In time people will get used to the idea of thoughtpolice and that is when people will understand what is happening, instead of some mastermind running the show isolated from public somewhere (not the president) who is only trying to do the right thing in difficult times.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think it's ironic that Texas wanted to secede yet the state seems to be #1 in police brutality/unjustice.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I don't have an issue with kids playing outside, but if they are blocking traffic / tresspassing forclosed homes stripping for copper for the guy on disability across the street who somehow is able to work on cars, then there's an issue.

Kids playing ball? Let them, no matter how angry you are or what happened at work or how much noise the kids are making, the street is one of the last areas not owned by anyone.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i used to play basketball in the street with my friends back in elementary. When cars came by, they would wave, we would stop the game and let the car go by. The driver would say hi and we were all smiles. Those were the days.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

JiggyPotamus
Look at kids nowadays. I can only imagine what they will be like in the future. There is a certain amount of personal growth and "growing up" that everyone needs to do, and like almost everyone here, I was not sheltered.

Everybody was sheltered, some just didn't know about it. Even those born in maffia families have their own shelter with links to the governments.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
SCREW that wrinkly ass neighbor, seriously.

How does someone at her age see kids playing outside without parents watching them constitute police involvement?

I guess with that type of policing, parents in my neighborhood would be getting locked up regularly.

My parents used to let me run and ride around the block back in the day, and parents still let there kids run around outside on my block. They know there will be no problem.

Once again, screw that lady.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join