It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question - Did the rapture happen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Why, of all things, would you expect "rapture" as a reason for your mom's behaviour even after you already said that she ran off the road, probably had a stroke or a relatively minor brain injury?

Has "the rapture" or "demons" become a more plausible explanation than suspecting a medical cause?

So..let's assume a very religious person comes here into this thread and tells you "Yes, that's correct! The rapture DID happen in August. Several of the most spiritual and religious people have ascended, what's left behind is their "zombie" shells!"

Would you then believe it or would it somehow satisfy you, seeing that you asked this question? Or do you think that a "rapture" would be a more assuring and more comforting explanation as opposed to your mom having had a stroke? I am just trying to understand.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

DonVoigt
reply to post by darkbake

I don't know if rapture is the right word to describe it, but there are a number of threads that are going around right now describing what would be more like a shift from timeline 1 to timeline 2. For the most part of what I've been reading about it and from what I understand of it, what it seems everyone experienced was some sort of ripple in the time space continuum , kind of like throwing a rock onto a relaxed pond of water, some sort of ripple from that rock just washed over all of us then the pond went back to being relaxed, and from the way everyone on here is talking about it there seem to be subtle changes in everyone's lives, the effect people are describing can be explained by discussing the effects of time travel, for example a person travels back in time a short way and changes some event, well by changing that event there would be a ripple in the time space continuum kind of like throwing a rock onto a relaxed pond of water, everyone would notice the ripple on the water because they felt it , but also recognizing that after the ripple passed by that everything was the same with only subtle differences noticeable to those sensitive enough to notice the subtle changes. I can't say for sure that's what happened, but like I said there are a couple of different threads discussing this type of effect that people have noticed in their life recently, and from what I've noticed, there are a lot of people here on ATS who have recognized some sort of change like this.

Would love to get some links to any recent threads that you referenced! I am very interested in time slips, time glitches, time travel, dimensional slips, time line shifts---you name it. Please point us to relevant threads. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
There is two of them that I have posted on, sorry I couldn't get them in the same window, those are recent threads there are more about the same subject just use the search feature with keywords like time travel, and time slips, I even think there is a forum for this subject look under forums

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I would attribute the behavior more as a concussion than the Rapture. The licking of the lips is more of a sign of a raptor than the rapture.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

darkbake
reply to post by Aleister

Thanks, yeah. That's when she found out that she had lost her memory from the previous month. Also, afterwards, she had sudden onset stuttering and her personality drastically shifted - that caused me to panic pretty bad.

Old ways of communicating with her haven't worked since then, and she was a big support system for me, and I'm going through a hard time myself.

So basically it has been super hard for me because right when everything went downhill, my support system changed personalities (legitimately) and I have been struggling. You may have noticed my threads are not as coherent.

Also, I've been getting into arguments with her lately, and suddenly I realized that I don't think she remembers what she has said or what has been going on - so that made me really wonder about her health. Like she says something, and then the next day, I ask her about it and she doesn't remember saying it, and we get into an argument about that.

At first, I thought it was because she was trying to be defensive, but I do not think so, also, it is scary because I'm having trouble supporting myself and I just moved back in with my parents. I'm a bit freaked out about having to rely on my mom for support if she is going senile, and also, I'm barely able to cope with getting my own life together at the moment.

It is a lot of stress with little support. Also, I'm worried about my mom.
edit on 19amTue, 19 Nov 2013 06:51:41 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Sounds like a frontal/temporal lobe stroke. Personality changes are the sine qua non of frontotemporal issues.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hmm... Maybe.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

In August, however, she ran off the road and lost her memories from the previous month.

I looked up "rapture August 2013" on Google and got some interesting hits.

So your mum has an accident and of all the possible explanations for this you wonder whether it was the rapture?

Read your post again and then think about how ridiculous it sounds.

I hope your mum recovers back to her old self...but really this is silly.

<< 1   >>

join