It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

toronto mayor rob ford apologises for oral sex remarks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
seriously how is this guy still in a high powered job?even the first controversy here in Britain he would have had such pressure on him he would have no option but to resign and if he didn,t his hand would have been forced.

can anyone give me a reason why he is still in the job cause i,m not getting it.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
He still has a job because we didn't stand up the last 100 times somebody brought shame to the office they were holding. This has now become acceptable behavior apparently. Even when we (the collective) "punish" them (Bill Clinton's impeachment) we don't really punish them. They are like bratty children in a candy store. They are going to do EXACTLY anything and everything they can get away with. Why shouldn't they? There are no repercussions?

And this guy here.... is just beyond the pale IMO. I just have no words for all the controversy surrounding him.

edit on 11/14/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

It seems more and more like anything goes.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
He's still on the job because they can't legally remove him unless he is convicted of a crime and sentenced to at least 3 months in prision.

That's just the way it is. I've been following this on the CBC since it started. Here in the U.S. he'd be ridden out of town on a rail. Then get reelected when he ran again. Like Marion Berry in D.C.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

sparky31
can anyone give me a reason why he is still in the job cause i,m not getting it.

Because a lot of voters like him:

www2.macleans.ca...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

lonegurkha
He's still on the job because they can't legally remove him unless he is convicted of a crime and sentenced to at least 3 months in prision.

That's just the way it is. I've been following this on the CBC since it started. Here in the U.S. he'd be ridden out of town on a rail. Then get reelected when he ran again. Like Marion Berry in D.C.
its crazy cause what i,ve read he was caught smoking crack and now has admitted it and now hes saying stuff like what my op was plus i,m sure i read something else about him but can,t remember off hand what that was and hes still the mayor?

way things are going he can shoot some one down and he,ll still be mayor,why? cause he just can. pure madness.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

sparky31
way things are going he can shoot some one down and he,ll still be mayor,why? cause he just can.

There's actually some speculation about that as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

what hes actually shot someone?is this guy a criminals dream?a mayor who just maybe on the take,allegedly lol

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Not personally but involved.... so far.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

intrepid

Not personally but involved.... so far.

if this guys still the mayor in a week then i,ll eat my baseball cap lol

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I wouldn't make that bet. I've been following this since he went into office.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

intrepid

I wouldn't make that bet. I've been following this since he went into office.

well i,ll get the hot sauce and seasoning out just incase

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Evening,

Rob Ford.
Up his nose with a rubber hose.
Is that oral enough?

(Drops mic and exits stage left)

-Peace-
edit on 14-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You have to wonder how many other politicians have skeletons in the closet. I'm sure if we were a fly on the wall, we could probably find enough dirt on the other half who are still in office.

The only people who run for political office are those who can't find work, have a thirst for power and control, enjoy being the center of attention, and care only about filling their pockets with tax payers money. That's just my opinion. I just hate all politicians.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

if this guys still the mayor in a week then i,ll eat my baseball cap lol

Too bad a hat wasn't what the mayor was talking about

Our news isn't holding back at all with this guy. Any children who were listening in tonight are all hiding their beloved pet kitties, so that Rob Ford won't be eating them.

I'm guessing the news is figuring if they don't censor anything that he says on the news, maybe at his next election, he'll be voted out?
It seems as though that's the only way he'll be gone, unless they catch him at something they can throw him in jail for.
Apparently, he's really good at his job.....

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If you think Ford is done, check this out:

www.torontosun.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
No matter how crappy of a person he is, as a Mayor he got things done that none of the previous mayor had done for 30 yrs.

This guy rubbed the rich the wrong way, cutting off salaries etc. And you never messed with the rich, it shows, look how far his story in reached.. US, Britain and even in places like India.

He even has a whole media organization hates him, not his political party, but just purely him.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

intrepid
Because a lot of voters like him:

But why? I honestly don't understand why.
Would you, as a Canadian, offer us non-Canadians some insight into that?
Why do the Canadians put up with him??

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Not Canadians. Torontonians. He's perceived as a guy for the common wo/man.

There’s a story Towhey likes to tell about Rob Ford’s relationship with voters. He’d been working as the mayor’s chief for several months, and was frustrated by his inability to divert Ford’s attention from the dozens of phone messages that pour into the mayor’s office each day. “All he wants to know is whether a phone call got returned,” recalls Towhey, “and I’m saying, ‘Rob, we’ve got more important things.’ ” But Towhey had hardly finished his sentence when Ford blew his stack. “This is a woman who has no water in her house!” he shouted. “There’s nothing more important! Nothing!”

www2.macleans.ca...

He ran on stopping the "gravy train" that council had been dining on forever. He's made progress but he's had to fight tooth and nail.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Im not a conservative nor do i like him as a person but he did some good things i liked. This is 2011 list.

2011-2012 Budgets - Rebuilding our Fiscal Foundation

Stopped out-of-control spending growth at City Hall
2011: 0% Property Tax increase
Changed the trend line - 2012 gross operating budget will be lower than 2011!
Found $355 Million in permanent savings
Almost eliminated Structural Deficit by reducing reliance on 1-time surplus funds
More public consultation in 2011/2012 budget process than ever before
Accelerated Budget process to bring more control to our spending.

Eliminated the Personal Vehicle Tax (PVT)

Put $64 Million back into the pockets of taxpayers.
Forced Council to address its crumbling fiscal foundation.

Reduced Council Budgets

Leading by Example!
Froze Mayor's & Councillors' salaries.
Reduced Mayor's Budget by $700,000 and Councillor Expense budgets to save $900,000.
Reduced travel and non-essential expenses (catering) for Council.

Contracted out Garbage Collection

Contracted out curb-side garbage pick-up west of Yonge St.
Will save $11.5 Million per year for seven years.
Will avoid future public sector garbage strikes in west Toronto.

Made TTC an Essential Service

TTC is essential to our economy.
Riders now protected from transit strikes like the one crippling York Region.

Renewed public faith in TCHC

Replaced a board of directors that had lost public confidence.
Replaced senior management.
Developed a plan to address $650 Million backlog in repairs (Selling 22 expensive, run-down scattered housing units will generate funds to repair 450 units, sold non-core laundry company to generate $4.5 Million for repairs)Introduced changes in purchasing that saved $3.5 Million in just three months (e.g. TCHC was buying batteries for $3.50 from a hardware store, now buy through city shared purchasing program for just $0.95!!)

Made Subways the Backbone of Rapid Transit in Toronto

Negotiated an MOU for Sheppard Subway with province.
Construction started on fully-underground Eglinton line - extended to Scarborough Town Ctr.
Construction underway on York University - Spadina line extension.

Adopted Whistleblower Protection

1st Bylaw protection for city staff who report fraud, waste or mismanagement

Made Council more Transparent & Accountable

All council votes and councillor attendance now recorded and online.
Council & Committee Agendas, records of decision, most reports online.

Posted More Expenses Online

Purchasing Card expenses now online.
Senior Managers' expenses approved to go online in 2012.

edit on 11/18/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join