It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's deputy minister assassinated

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Logarock

boymonkey74
Israel anyone?
Just a wild guess but the first one that popped into my head.

More likely an internal sanction. Far more likely than Israel considering what's taking place with the talks.

Israel wants the talks to fail they have made their demands and it's Israels way or no way. Israel wants war with Iran at least they want war as long as America is doing the fighting.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I find the France hunch intriguing. It appears it was someone he trusted or who had snuck into his car since he was shot inside the vehicle while he was getting in.
edit on 10-11-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Israel anyone?

This assassination right after France stopped a Nuclear deal interesting.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Operations

A warning from Israel that the ''very bad deal'' will not be allowed to happen.

edit on 10-11-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It could also be internal jockeying. Ayatollah Al Khameini is rumored to be ill. He hasn't been seem for some time. There could be some maneuvering amongst the mullahs to see who will replace him eventually if he really is that sick. This guy may not look all that important on the outside, but if he's keeping the internal economy on life-support ... his support or lack of it might have been pivotal in someone's power game.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

buster2010

Logarock

boymonkey74
Israel anyone?

More likely an internal sanction. Far more likely than Israel considering what's taking place with the talks.

Israel wants the talks to fail they have made their demands and it's Israels way or no way. Israel wants war with Iran at least they want war as long as America is doing the fighting.

This would be to stupid for Israel. Some in Iran certainly want the talks to fail, kill one of their own and blame Israel. Not taking sides but its seems more plausible.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

If it was internal it probably wouldn't be reported or at least not in the manner it did. It was a message.The fact that it was reported openly about a ruthless murder to a government official speaks volumes. Something tells me the fingers pointed out.

There aren't many 'groups' worldwide who have what it takes to assassinate someone in the capital and escape. Most plausible is Israel or the new norm....a hodge podge of Merc's paid by private interests serving the needs of the western elite, including but not limited to Israel, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, America, France, UAE....
edit on 10-11-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What concerns me is the audaciousness of this assassination. I mean, a double-tap to the head and chest... really? How much more obvious could it get?

Either they simply don't care about appearances, or this was somewhat amateurish, but still a "professional" hit. I think the former, they don't care how it looks. They are being risky. Perhaps they had no time to prepare, and simply went for the option that had the highest chance for success? Maybe timing was critically important.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
reply to post by ketsuko

If it was internal it probably wouldn't be reported or at least not in the manner it did. It was a message.The fact that it was reported openly about a ruthless murder to a government official speaks volumes. Something tells me the fingers pointed out.

Ever heard of a "false flag"?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Operations
What concerns me is the audaciousness of this assassination. I mean, a double-tap to the head and chest... really? How much more obvious could it get?

It was a message. They obviously didn't get the first one. For this that don't remember:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Logarock

Rosinitiate
reply to post by ketsuko

Valid point but if so, and they try playing victim to world sympathy to drop sanctions then yeah that's pretty solid. A play out of the enemies play book. I doubt that though.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If it is Israel it will have the effect of slowing peace talks. If this is not allowed to happen (maybe speed them up as a commemorative event), it would thwart those desired results. It's funny how they rarely find the culprits in these government led assassinations so I think the best method is to not allow a hic up in the status quo. If this does throw a wrench into the progress being made they are buying right into it. Let's hope they keep moving along, (I'm sure this man would want that).

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Perhaps. But maybe it's an inside job. Head of mines and industry huh? Could be he knew more about Iran's capacities than was healthy. Perhaps he showed just too much willingness to negotiate, and couldn't be trusted. Throw suspicion on Israel. Israel gets jittery and strikes. Iran retaliates with several nukes and truly obliterates Israel. The U.S. nukes Iran. Russia takes out Hawaii. And Europe braces for a cold winter.

Or this could be the real deal. The kind of stuff you read about in History books.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Rosinitiate

Logarock

Rosinitiate
reply to post by ketsuko

Valid point but if so, and they try playing victim to world sympathy to drop sanctions then yeah that's pretty solid. A play out of the enemies play book. I doubt that though.

It would behoove Iran to cast an Israeli motivation for a hit like this. They could use it well to further undermine attempts by the US to regulate Iran's nuke program. Pointing to Israel as prime opponent and reinforcing the US as puppet position for those that hold it. Nothing like a bad guy to oil those wheels, weaken the opponents position, rally support.

It could have even been some other third party that wants to break up the talks. Like the wigs that helped Iran develop its program to being with seeing influence being undermined.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

The failed Green Revolution was internal, too, and yet everyone knew about it.

It's much harder in today's world to keep things strictly in-house. For all we know, letting the rest of the world know about this is part of the game and that game could still be internal.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This could be a prelude to war.
I truly believe before the US allows an economic crash we will go to war with Iran
That's when I'll be watching for the US to turn aggressor.
If we attack Iran Israel, SA, Kuwait, UAE, Dubai, Turkey will all back us.
Pakistan might not sit quietly on the sidelines.
China has a mutual defense agreement with Iran, would they intervene or just go take a few Japanese Islands?
Cheney almost got away with starting it by ordering the Navy to cruise carriers through the straights of Hormuz while negotiations were going on. A civilian contractor passed the info on to the DOD who were unaware Cheney had ordered this. Her name was Gwyneth Todd.
Not good this dude getting whacked.
Add him to the list of nuclear scientists.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Everything in the Middle East is Israel's fault sooner or later, even the suspicious vultures, so it's hard to really know for sure sometimes what strictly is and is not Israel's fault.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Hmm who on Earth would do such a thing? There aren't any countries that hate Iran by orders of magnitude over others are there?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

He is in charge of Mining...

Big contracts in that with all the Nuclear sites underground?

PM me sometime, I havent been on the boards much since the flood.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Well, someone has to ask it, so it may as well be me...

Why do we think it's high level intrigue between nations vs. sleeping with someone's wife or burning someone else on a bad debt? Perhaps the Assistant Deputy was ambitious? There would seem to be a lot of possibilities when it's a guy who has no obvious strategic importance for the level of matters Iran is dealing with right now?

Because many of these people are protected from daily contrivances that the commoner is faced with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join