It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mosque and a new Temple side by side on "Temple Mount" - key to Mideast peace

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

dlbott
reply to post by Aleister

The muslim dome will come down and the temple rebuilt. Notice the word rebuilt. The dome sits inside the temple. The temple rebuilt usher's in the antichrist and the last days.

The Bot

That's just crazy thought. The Bible is a handbook to consciousness, it has very little literal meaning, imnho. It guides in training mystics and generally good people. What you're quoting is code for other stuff, not literal things that are going to happen in the world. Did the Bible describe Hitler? Nope, missed that minor event.

This thread seems to be going in a couple or more different pathways. Religious nonsense (imnho) and all the rest. But it's likely that the religious nonsense will long stand in the way of this thing being accomplished. So all the religious leaders involved would have to agree as well. Maybe Putin, Francis, and a few Rabbis and Imans can work it out.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Aleister
Did the Bible describe Hitler? Nope, missed that minor event.

But did it describe a looming one world order? It did. That's what's freaking me out a bit. How'd them sheepherders nail that? Unless you don't believe we're facing a globalist plan coming to fruition.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

As I said, the religious nonsense stands in the way of common sense on this one. Do you realize that all of what you said could end up as a comedy? Put the Temple up, years of peace, and then do you know how many hundreds of nuts will be declaring themselves the anti-Christ? It could make the Eric Andre Show look dull.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by ketsuko

As I said, the religious nonsense stands in the way of common sense on this one. Do you realize that all of what you said could end up as a comedy? Put the Temple up, years of peace, and then do you know how many hundreds of nuts will be declaring themselves the anti-Christ? It could make the Eric Andre Show look dull.

It's one thing to declare oneself the anti-Christ and quite another to be believed.

Actually I erred. He doesn't declare himself the anti-Christ. He declares himself Christ, and enough people will believe it that most of the world will be deceived. He will deceive even the very elect. That possibly has people so jumpy that they will go out of their way to point at anyone and call them the anti-Christ. Look at all the people who'd like to label Obama. However, if Obama ever had anything approaching that kind of charisma, it's long gone.

You can understand why that would be a scary thought to a believer though. You are told that someone will appear who can deceive even the elect, and he will be the worst evil in the world and could doom your immortal soul ... of course, everyone would want to believe that they were part of the group who saw him coming.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

ketsuko

Aleister
reply to post by ketsuko

It's one thing to declare oneself the anti-Christ and quite another to be believed.

Actually I erred. He doesn't declare himself the anti-Christ. He declares himself Christ, and enough people will believe it that most of the world will be deceived. He will deceive even the very elect. That possibly has people so jumpy that they will go out of their way to point at anyone and call them the anti-Christ. Look at all the people who'd like to label Obama. However, if Obama ever had anything approaching that kind of charisma, it's long gone.

You can understand why that would be a scary thought to a believer though. You are told that someone will appear who can deceive even the elect, and he will be the worst evil in the world and could doom your immortal soul ... of course, everyone would want to believe that they were part of the group who saw him coming.

Two sides of this thread. The religious and the real (from one point of view, and this idea involves juggling many points of view). With that said, pure comedy. In the internet age, youtube and the rest, there will be hundreds of people a day coming though the gates declaring themselves either Christ or Anti-Christ and everything in-between. That'd be the main security issue, and all religions and local government entities would have to agree on security protocol and how to handle the nuts. The street theater would be amazing, like "Being John Malkovich" interesting, and not only would the world beat a path to the internet to watch the antics of the latest christs and anti-christs (fan clubs may emerge, give you that), but if the sudden political genius showed up and declared himself or herself Christ, by that time they'd be laughed out of town.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

We'll see.

It all takes belief.

Of course, it's all speculation at this point since the Temple hasn't been rebuilt and we're nowhere near to it being a reality.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

ketsuko

We'll see.

It all takes belief.

Of course, it's all speculation at this point since the Temple hasn't been rebuilt and we're nowhere near to it being a reality.

What's with the wink? If you think I agree with you, no, I say what I mean and don't play hidden agenda games. I am not of your belief. And this mind game is an interesting one, and I can see how people use the particular symbol of a hill in Jerusalem to hang their archetypes on, to put their hopes and dreams into, and to dash everything up with crazy when addressing the issue. Maybe tis impossible after all, only Pope Francis knows for sure (ah, that last is satire by the way, at least mostly and/or a look at the probabilities, which good satire usually is).

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm a little confused with some points of view here. On one hand, some say religion is the issue that is a problem here ....while at the same time declaring the religious House of Worship, in the form of the 3rd Temple, to be the solution...

So is religion the issue or the solution? The Temple isn't a cultural center after all, it would serve to form a nexus and center for the Jewish Faith, as it has in times long past.

That's also why I have little doubt the Arabs would go to open war to prevent it, by almost any cost, short of destroying the Temple Mount themselves.

Heck, Jews and Palestinians fight and fight hard at times by just the mere suggestion of a HINT of one crossing into the others "space" at that location. Any concept of splitting the space further by new construction would bring about another war and all the death and loss which follows. I just can't see how it would ever be any other way, given the world we have right now. It's proven true too many times in the not so distant past.
edit on 8-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The wink is for the irony.

You're not a believer so you don't appreciate it. Even as you don't believe in the prophecies you are eager to see them fulfill themselves.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

ketsuko

The wink is for the irony.

You're not a believer so you don't appreciate it. Even as you don't believe in the prophecies you are eager to see them fulfill themselves.

I am not eager for the prophecies you imagine to fulfill themselves. Every bible passage that you are using to think that something is prophesizing something can be also seen, from another point of view, as being a lesson in consciousness. The purpose of a grand Mosque or grand Temple or any true "religion" is to contain teachers who could educate people about how to free themselves, their consciousness, and obtain an expanded perception level. That's the real stuff Jesus was talking about, but nobody in those days understood a word he said. The Jewish and Muslim leaders have to get to at least that point before they can assist the healing of the two bloodlines and see such a step occur.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Ah, so you seem to be more of a gnostic?

Good luck to you. For what it's worth, I hope your interpretation is correct, but I see the movements in the world and am sincerely afraid that you may be wrong.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

God didn't want David to build the first temple, he wasn't worthy. David counted his people (what an evil guy eh?) and was punished with a plague that killed 75,000 people. (What a loving God eh?)

So Solomon, David's son, built the temple instead and eventually he too lost favour with God, as did the entire nation of Israel in the end, so God allowed the Jew's temple to be destroyed.

Now, considering Jews and Muslims both believe in the same God, (Allah is Yahweh via Ibrahim/Abraham), I can't think why God would need a second temple from people he's already deemed unworthy.

Is there a prophet amongst us at the moment? Has he said he wants a new/third temple?

In his 2,500 year absence, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no.
edit on 8-11-2013 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I can't help but find a fan of Aliester Crowley calling anything in the bible nonsense a touch ironic! (Or contrived?)

What gives?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

I'm not a big fan of Crowley regarding his organization or flairs and dogma, I like his real information when he gets to the good stuff. Same with the bible, I love the teachings of Jesus and how he, or people copying his words, taught very deep and seriously occult information right out in the open by using simple stories and words that people weren't at a place to understand for almost two thousand years. Then Leo Tolstoy went into Jesus's stuff, removed the religion and the robes, and wrote about how to use love and nonviolence to educate individual people and heal societies. Mohandas Gandhi took Tolstoy's discoveries and put them into action on the ground. Took him decades, but he got done what he set out to do. Folks like Martin Luther King, James Bevel, the great teacher James Lawson, and others then took Gandhi's words, studied them along with a few other topics, and carried out the main events of America's 1960s Civil Rights Movement. What they were doing, and probably what Crowley and other mystic satirists did on a good day, was far removed from what the average person studied and acted upon, even though they may be exposing themselves to the same material.
edit on 8-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Great reply, cheers.

Yeah, big fan of love here too, but I didn't find much compassion from my breif investigations on Crowley and found him very very religious!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well, I don't know about side by side, but working in construction, I do know one thing.

Before any new construction begins...the old structures must come down.

Just my two cents.

X

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I think you put into words very succinctly the basis of the "new world wide religion" - whose capital will be Jerusalem - whose anti-christ will declare himself "Christ", and persecute anyone for not falling into line with the luciferian doctrines.

It takes non-believers like you to set the endtimes in motion and see it to it's end.

The pope has a seat at the third temple, which the jews already have planned. In fact, I believe the stones are already pre-cut and waiting to be laid in place.

Maybe you should look into the revelation prophecies just to see how people like you make it all happen.

Don't take this post as an insult - it certainly isn't meant to be.

By the way, many christians don't believe in "the rapture". I don't.

We'll see what happens.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Sorry, double post - I've never had that happen before.
edit on 8-11-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
why do people think this could instigate WWIII?
do they think someone is going to try claim it (guessing either from West or East Christian or Muslim Faithfull in something against non believer?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Oh, I'm not going to go that far as to say all that. Although I did watch this thread unfold with a sort of dumbfounded fascination, much like I've watched the pieces falling into place in the Middle East.

I never thought I'd see things from the prophecies be articulated this clearly by those who seemed not to know them, and while I agree that the idea seems wonderful ... it does. You have to admit it. I can't fully endorse it, either, because I believe. Maybe it will happen and nothing comes to pass, and I'll feel foolish.

But I truly don't think so.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join