It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visualization And The Bingo Hall Game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I should probably try and work on visualization again. i originally gave up when i was unable to visualize something as simple as colours or basic objects.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmericanDamn, if I had only visualized Badnarik becoming president. Rats. *snaps fingers*

That yes is close to impossible, unless you're a master shaman and sit and meditate on one thought for hours and hours and hours and have enough emotional energy to bypass that of millions of other people. Not even to talk about that you might find yourself doubting if the process is even working.

When there are other people involved who are wanting some event. It's very difficult for a manifestation to take place. Although, people with very, very focused minds and with an ability to go into alpha or theta state at will can be able to do it.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There is a reason I put a smiley after that sentance, Bandit. It was a joke.
On the other hand, if a huge group of people really put their mind to it, there is no telling what visualizations might manifest. I have a hunch, after going through that with my brother, that the combined force of a joint or group visualization maybe even more powerful.

Hmm, makes me want to embark on a little ATS experiment, hehe....Let's think of something cool to visualize happening, and do it as a group. Maybe even take it over to the research forum. I mean we could really do it up and gets pics, info and all kinds of stuff, and set a day to do it. Anyone here be interested in something like that?

Might could proceed kinda like this:
1) We get say ten members to start it with, committed to do a group visualization.
2) We could then get everyone's input on a realistic goal, and maybe vote for the subject matter to be visualized. And this will be tricky, as we will need to pick something that can be measured to some degree, so as to qualify and quantify the results.
3) We could then go off and get pictures and info, and all report back with findings on the matter, and again vote as to which exact picture(s)/info to use.
4) We could then set a date and time for the actual get together, and maybe even use the chat room.
5) After it's done we wait and see what happens.
6) Then if somewhat successful, we try to increase the group size to 20, and see if the net result is more than double what we achieved with the first group. If so, it could help prove what I am suggesting, although that would be just one small aspect really of the overall test.

Hmm, so whatcha think. I'm down. Who wants to try?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
That sounds good. But unfortunately I don't have the time to try it out these days. I have my own visualization to work on, and I am very busy in normal life lately. But I would like to see such an experiment happening.

Furthermore, the forum is filled with skeptics and debunkers, and just their belief that these things don't work can influence the experiment because of the huge amount that they are.

And lastly, besides the excellent ones you posted, there are also a lot more different links on visualization and reality creation as well. And I've posted them more than a trillion times here on ATS...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
true positive as well as negative creative visualization works, we use i t everyday we keep visualizing depression etc thta's why our lives are so sometimes miserable while others who are positive, are way to sucess. we should try it, it eworks, Best to all ats members for 2005!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
my baseball team did a visualization before each of the games we had for the OASA championship in Ontario ( i think 1994 or 95). The team we were up against was a very tough team, Chepstow. Our coach said before every game, during our huddle, "close your eyes, and think about holding your medals. think about making the big plays, the big hits! Then think about the party if you guys win!" We never ended up winning sadly, we lost 2-1 in 13 innings of the seventh game, without our coach...he had surgery to have his appendix removed and was unable to attend the game. The assistant coach just said go out and play your game....go figure, freakin jerk lost us the game!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Man, more replies missed, sorry to be raising these threads up from the dead folks.

Now that's curious Tahlen, a strange twist of fate there, for sure. Had your coach been able to make it, I bet you's would have won, cause he probably would have reinforced the visualization right before the game. But hell, at least you guys gave the other team hell, and it could have gone either way.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing the thread back from the dead, or else I never would have gotten a chance to read it

Although there does seem to be a sort of "creating your reality" visualization thing you can do, sometimes it doesn't work either.

I remember one contest at school I wanted to win SO bad that I visualized myself winning, much like you did. Every night for about a week I visualized myself winning. I even begged/prayed to God or any other force that would help me in order to win
.. I thought about it so long and hard and convinced myself that I was going to win... there was so little doubt in my mind. Then the day of the draw the announcements came on with the winning numbers, I was shaking with anticipation, and then..... I was off by one number. Some damn teacher won it instead
. Sometimes you can try your best, and still fail.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i was passed an e-book from a friend, was a lot of pages but it was called road to riches and wealth, written by a man in something like 1906. he talked about visulizing what you want and concentrate your thoughts on that, in some way or another you will get it. it was a very interesting read and if i can find the site i will post it if thats o.k. i know it has been edited alot lately due to the wording. post as soon as i find it.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Thanks for bringing the thread back from the dead, or else I never would have gotten a chance to read it

I don't mind bringing this one back, it's one of my better ones, I think... Your welcome.

I remember one contest at school I wanted to win SO bad that I visualized myself winning, much like you did. Every night for about a week I visualized myself winning. I even begged/prayed to God or any other force that would help me in order to win
.. I thought about it so long and hard and convinced myself that I was going to win... there was so little doubt in my mind. Then the day of the draw the announcements came on with the winning numbers, I was shaking with anticipation, and then..... I was off by one number. Some damn teacher won it instead
. Sometimes you can try your best, and still fail.

It seems that the slightest doubt can wreak havoc on the results, just from my own experience. On the other hand, you were only off by one number! That's pretty damn good if you think about. I wonder how many you would have gotten with no visualization at all?

Originally posted by carluk
i was passed an e-book from a friend, was a lot of pages but it was called road to riches and wealth, written by a man in something like 1906. he talked about visulizing what you want and concentrate your thoughts on that, in some way or another you will get it. it was a very interesting read and if i can find the site i will post it if thats o.k. i know it has been edited alot lately due to the wording. post as soon as i find it.

Still waiting! I love stories on visualizations. I wonder if when you do a visualization, that because you are using your "mind's eye," that those thoughts are picked up by discarnate entities which then help in some way to manifest them into reality?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by carluk
i was passed an e-book from a friend, was a lot of pages but it was called road to riches and wealth, written by a man in something like 1906.

You mean: The Science of getting Rich, by Wallace D. Wattles..

Btw.. I don't see anyone in the modern world being able to follow the instructions in that book so easily. You have to be able to focus and concentrate your thoughts for long times, and the attitude of gratitude is not that easy to make a habit of. You can still try though.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Can anybody make constructive or imperical comments on visualization based on service to others and any outcomes? I imagine that the light force assists those that seek positive outcomes for the greater good but wonder if others agree with that sentiment?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think it's usually so that the more people benefiting from your manifestation, the faster it will happen.

That's why lots of people add this phrase after their visualisations. "Let this happen in the best and greatest/highest way for everyone involved."

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Can anybody make constructive or imperical comments on visualization based on service to others and any outcomes? I imagine that the light force assists those that seek positive outcomes for the greater good but wonder if others agree with that sentiment?

Yes, as I mentioned I think in that meditation podcast thread, I have done visualizations before for family and friends. The outcomes, as you can imagine, as hard to measure. Usually, it's been when someone is sick or had a pressing problem that doesn't seem to get resolve anyway else. In all cases though, the outcomes have been good. As to how much those visualizations helped, is hard to say. Certainly can't hurt none though!

Bandit, that is an interesting thought about whether visualizations work better when there are more people to benefit from the input. I do have a sense though that the more people that focus on a visualization at one time, for a single purpose, the more powerful the delivery to the cosmos. That's why I'd be real curious to try what we talked about earlier in the thread- a group visualization.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by TrueAmerican]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join