It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Many Beings Evil Because we Want them to be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hello.

This post is not about whether 'beings' exist or not.
For the sake of discussion, let's assume that demons, devils, angels, faeries, spirits and all the rest actually exist.

My question is, were the 'evil' ones 'evil' before they met their first human who was told a lie about them, or was just fearful of something new?

Perhaps humans corrupted innocent nature spirits with their fear, hate and ignorance - thus turning them into the awful creatures they expected them to be?

And a spirit corrupted thousands of years ago, and now comfortable with it's human-created role might now in fact, be truly 'evil' because generation after generation of humans have added fuel to the fire?

There is a saying that enrages many religious people that might be on point: "Good people do good. Bad people do bad. But to make a person truly evil - religion must be involved."

Let's not make this a flame war if possible; I'm not saying that all religion is bad... and I'm not pointing at any religion in particular. And this post need not even discuss religion. This post is about the possible theory of corrupting once neutral and friendly spirits.

KPB

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

People are corrupted every day, corrupting the innocents is what society does

and It could be a reflection

inside my mind i float in the vastness

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

We're "beings". If spirits exist than we are spirits too? If people who lie, murder and rape die what kind of spirit are they?

If by "spirits" you mean biblical angels and demons then yah, I say its been embellished somewhat. Like a fish story. The one that got away is always huge.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I applaud you accepting that there all sorts of beings those in the physical realm and otherwise. I think you make a drastic limitation in your question by assuming that there is a right and wrong, or good and bad set of conditions on these beings. Given what we know about physical animals amongst us, how can be project merely human morality and standards on everything out there?

The answer is, that we can't. The question perhaps could be, can we protect ourselves from those beings that would do us all manner of harm? The consensus that I've found many times is that, yes, if you hold fast to your values and not surrender to those that do not.

In regard to your question, anyone can go off on a religious tangent and argue strongly, and while that may be a good defense as I've suggested, it does not mean that having a religion is an all powerful protection.

My views having been strengthen in the last few days by an interesting video of the Dali Lama (via an ATS thread) is that the universe is full of these non-physical beings. My first understanding of such a view came about three decades ago in reading the book of Far Journeys by Robert Monroe, the developer of the famous Hemi-sync method for attaining higher states. In his initial, personal experiences, he found these despicable creatures clawing at his will power at every turn during OOB experiences. Today, many experiencers of Ayahuasca run into the same thing. Coupled with typical angel/demons, etc. myths and you have substantial evidence for a valueless universe.

But, again, you cannot apply a standard to things that have no standards. You may have your own, other beings may not.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
Hello.

My question is, were the 'evil' ones 'evil' before they met their first human who was told a lie about them, or was just fearful of something new?

The beings that you speak of are all one-sided. They have a specific purpose. They cannot be anything else other than what they stand for. Therefore , my answer is that they were not corrupted.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Religion doesnt make a person evil any more than eating corn flakes does.

People that do evil do it because they want to, or its learned through upbringing. It doesnt take demons to make people do bad things, just bad people.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
Hello.

There is a saying that enrages many religious people that might be on point: "Good people do good. Bad people do bad. But to make a person truly evil - religion must be involved."
Let's not make this a flame war if possible; I'm not saying that all religion is bad... and I'm not pointing at any religion in particular. And this post need not even discuss religion. This post is about the possible theory of corrupting once neutral and friendly spirits.

KPB

Every time when YOU are the one to include and associate religion in your post and then you say its not about religion .
Thus it is corrupting your thread said to be on[religion] "corrupting friendly spirits". You bring the concept of religion into your own threads .
Oh the irony.
So in saying what you are saying,that you say enrages many religious people , are you trying to "enrage many religious" people?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It seems to me that people are essentially not bad at all, they just get dragged down a path of disillusion through desire/greed/despair/fear/OR even to please/save another.

They GIVE THEIR POWER AWAY

Which in turn leaves them wide open to manipulation of entities from this realm or another dimensional realm that we cannot perceive within out 5 senses of this 3D reality.

So if you understand the chakra system, anyone whose consciousness is sitting in the 3 lower charkas (beneath the waist/waste). Would be vulnerable to interference from GIVING away their power, therefore allowing themselves to be influenced for the purpose of bringing balance back into their life.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

BDBinc

KellyPrettyBear
Hello.

KPB

Every time when YOU are the one to include and associate religion in your post and then you say its not about religion .
Thus it is corrupting your thread said to be on[religion] "corrupting friendly spirits". You bring the concept of religion into your own threads .
Oh the irony.
So in saying what you are saying,that you say enrages many religious people , are you trying to "enrage many religious" people?

I hear you and I know it's ironic. I want to be kind to one and all sides. But that is easier said than done.

Back when I was part of an organized religion, I'd have been so grateful to have someone 'post' like this. Others from back then might have killed someone asking questions (we were all rednecks) like this.

I'd almost be better off picking a side; but the people I'd be excluding always get excluded during especially open minded conversation and I don't want to abandon them; they are part of the human family too.

It's basically impossible to discuss things like this without getting people upset.

But it's very worth discussing.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
"Evil" is when somebody or something does something that you think is bad because it affects you negatively in some way.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Blue Shift
"Evil" is when somebody or something does something that you think is bad because it affects you negatively in some way.

Yup; that's pretty much all evil is.

Now let's say that there was an entire species of animal or other
lifeform who enjoyed tormenting / killing / eating humans. Now
THAT kind of species would rate a capital E in the books of many.

The point of my post however, is that perhaps much of this 'evil'
that humans go on about, is entirely self-inflicted / self-created;
even so-called 'spiritual evil'.

People think that I ask questions.. I rarely ask questions if I don't
already know the answer to my own satisfaction.. or at least much
of it, or I just want to hear the dozen-odd responses that I expect
to be incoming.. but always hopeful to hear something new or
noteworthy.

KPB

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
These creatures were already evil before any human ever saw one..

They all made a choice for evil and to follow Satan a very long time ago..

After it happened and they were removed from God's presence, they were transformed to have an appearance that fit their evil.

That's what I have heard at least..

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

BDBinc

KellyPrettyBear
Hello.

KPB

Oh the irony.

I hear you and I know it's ironic. I want to be kind to one and all sides. But that is easier said than done.

Back when I was part of an organized religion, I'd have been so grateful to have someone 'post' like this. Others from back then might have killed someone asking questions (we were all rednecks) like this.

I'd almost be better off picking a side; but the people I'd be excluding always get excluded during especially open minded conversation and I don't want to abandon them; they are part of the human family too.

It's basically impossible to discuss things like this without getting people upset.

But it's very worth discussing.

If you want to be kind, be kind .(Don't make up sides and call people "others")

And if you know it upsets them to have you blame "religion" for evil then why do you wish to upset people?

Maybe its time for some people to outgrow their (negative) historic experiences of "organized redneck religion "and feelings of being excluded/abandoned .

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The angels that have forsaken Heaven are the opposite to Yahushua hence evil.

The born-evil nephil-spirits can be forgiven whilst in physical form, become 'good' and get written back into the Book of Life. This can only be done when they repent and have faith in Yahushua.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Maybe its time for some people to outgrow their (negative) historic experiences of "organized redneck religion "and feelings of being excluded/abandoned .

It's possible to turn a personal injury into something positive.. I did that for years.
It's probably the only reason I survived the first 30 years of my life.
It is valid to point out however, that any tool can be used in excess.

Thanks!

KPB

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
Hello.

For the sake of discussion, let's assume that demons, devils, angels, faeries, spirits and all the rest actually exist.

Perhaps humans corrupted innocent nature spirits with their fear, hate and ignorance - thus turning them into the awful creatures they expected them to be?

And a spirit corrupted thousands of years ago, and now comfortable with it's human-created role might now in fact, be truly 'evil' because generation after generation of humans have added fuel to the fire?

KPB

Tulpa 'creation', when practised on a global and generational scale (knowingly or unknowingly) is a facet of 'reality' that is little understood. It would be natural to assume evil...if you thought you weren't creating it and willing to take responsibility...

Å99

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by BDBinc

If you want to be kind, be kind .(Don't make up sides and call people "others")

And if you know it upsets them to have you blame "religion" for evil then why do you wish to upset people?

It's possible to turn a personal injury into something positive.. I did that for years.
It's probably the only reason I survived the first 30 years of my life.
It is valid to point out however, that any tool can be used in excess.

Thanks!

KPB

You are welcome.
Good to hear you spent the first 30 years of your life being positive.
When you talk of it as a tool (positivity ) it cannot be used in excess.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

akushla99

KellyPrettyBear
Hello.

KPB

Tulpa 'creation', when practised on a global and generational scale (knowingly or unknowingly) is a facet of 'reality' that is little understood. It would be natural to assume evil...if you thought you weren't creating it and willing to take responsibility...

Å99

I'm saying that any world-class metaphysical being from myth
and religion is in FACT a 'Tulpa'.

That's just flat out what I'm saying and that's my experience.

"We have met the enemy and he is us"
-Pogo

www.igopogo.com...

Of course people who don't believe in said enemy
(such as scientists and people of other religions)
might well be completely immune and cluck wisely
at the foolishness of the person of the associated
culture or following.

KPB

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

akushla99

KellyPrettyBear
Hello.

KPB

Å99

I'm saying that any world-class metaphysical being from myth
and religion is in FACT a 'Tulpa'.

That's just flat out what I'm saying and that's my experience.

"We have met the enemy and he is us"
-Pogo

www.igopogo.com...

Of course people who don't believe in said enemy
(such as scientists and people of other religions)
might well be completely immune and cluck wisely
at the foolishness of the person of the associated
culture or following.

KPB

I know...I 'friended' you for a reason...We don't do anything to just 'float boats'...do we?

Å99
edit on 7-11-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Don't admit that you friended me for God's sake.
You'll destroy all your social status.

KPB

top topics

<<   2 >>

join