It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

behold the ring!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
quiet! dont move. silence your mind. the soul sits patiently, always. your mind loves to wander. it is filled with what folks.. ENERGY!!! i mean, the human brain is filled with what, can you say electricity. if you give a child candy or something with tons of sugar what do they do best.. make noise. quiet the mind, rest the body and whatever with the soul.. just make sure its still where its surposed to be and you can hear it. the ring!! its in your head. this ringing noise is so pitch only the greatest of meditators can hear it or really tune in to it. but its natural, its not something out of the ordinary. its not something only certain people can hear, no we all can do it and we must if we want to make it where we want to be. focusing on the ring allows us to disipline our minds and speed up the slow process of meditation, to really show us what meditation does. once u learn to hear it you can heighten its pitch making it louder and louder, its really easy. and once you make it so loud i swear it feels like im leaving my body, its so cool but i admit i get sort of frightened when i do it because i have had no one like you all to talk about it with, people think im nuts if i ever talk about what i truly love in life.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Kinda stumped at this post, but I think I know what sound you're talking about. Anyone can hear the "ring" in their ears. Simply grit your teeth together and the ringing volume increases. Is this what you're talking about? Is it just me? Have I finally had one beer too many in this life?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
My first couple acid trips, I had an intense buzzing/ringing between my ears. By the eighth or ninth trip, it was nowhere to be found. Sure made my head feel like a tuning fork (in a good way of course). It would be nice to call up that feeling without doing the acid though.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Subjective Tinnitus

This form of tinnitus may occur anywhere in the auditory system and is much less understood, with the causes being many and open to debate. Anything from the ear canal to the brain may be involved. The sounds can range from a metallic ringing, buzzing, blowing, roaring, or sometimes similar to a claanging, popping, or nonrhythmic beating. It can be accompanied by audiometric evidence of deafness which occurs in association with both conductive and sensorineural hearing loss. Other conditions and syndromes which may have tinnitus in conjunction with the condition or syndrom, are otosclerosis, Menier's syndrome, and cochlear or auditory neve lesions.

Not saying you have this ,please don't take me wrong ,but my dad suffers from this and he can control the ringing sound already,to make it louder or softer,you get so used to it that it does not even bother you,unless it is severe

[edit on 17-11-2004 by ChandlerBing]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I would have to agree with ChanandlerBing on this one. (i had to throw a Friends joke in there
)

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Chanandler lol ,was it his dads " butler lover" who pronounced it like that ...Nice one LOL

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yeah, i can hear this ring too. i often meditate on it. I also just wrote another topic on who it intensifies around electricity, go read it.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ive had it all my life if i concentrated, ears could just tune into higher frequencys than others maybe or maybe an electrical appliance, i did get an intense one when i do dream control

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wake me up when they make the prequel to Fellowship. Until then, gotta say ChandlerBing on the ball for this one.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I've got the ring in my head too...I might post more on here later...

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't get a ring, but I get a high pitched sound on occasion, it lasts for about.hrm..30 seconds at most, then dissapears.
Only happens once a month or so and it only happens in one ear, but it's not allways the same one.

[edit on 20-11-2004 by Deimos]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I've actually heard this ring during meditation it's extremely loud and it gave me a serious headache, I told my parents about this noise and they said I just had to much ear wax in my ears

[edit on 20-11-2004 by Striker122]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
ive had a similar thing happen to me. i was lying in bed zoning out on my roof trying to make myself tired when i slowly i started to hear a ring or white noise. as it grew louder it started taking the rythym of waves. it was pretty weird. it got so loud i had to sit up and slap myself out of it. that got me thinking that i had heard all the noises in the world mixed together and being sent out in waves. it got me thinking so hard that i soon fell asleep!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Mine is more like a chripping....not exactly like a cricket, but similar. They tell me it is a sign of high blood pressure.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Mine is more like a chripping....not exactly like a cricket, but similar. They tell me it is a sign of high blood pressure.

Yes it is one of the signs of high b/p ,but people with hypotension (low b/p)
have it as well (even worse)..but you will have to check out ur b/p..

Meniere's disease and tinnitus happens in any ear or both,and could be build up from wax of infection or born like that where a certain part did not grow as it should have..read about that (& can last for years) ,you get headaches ,vertigo and all type of sounds just going off in your ears/head.

It is usually a nerve problem,& that sound becomes louder when you become quiter (meditation),as you leave the world behind & only concentrate on what is in your head...ring a bell

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have heard the ring. Ya I did something right

new topics

top topics

join