It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayor of Toronto is an overweight, admitted drunk, crackhead. Wont resign.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Toronto Mayor Ford admits he smoked crack; will not resign.

TORONTO (Reuters) - Toronto Mayor Rob Ford admitted on Tuesday he has smoked crack coc aine, probably "in one of my drunken stupors," but insisted he's not an addict and said he would stay in office and run for reelection next year.

Is this really what its come to? Is this the best we can do as a society?

Toronto isn't Mayberry. Toronto is a worldwide metropolitan destination.

We all know politicians are self serving scum bags but shouldnt there be some kind of a standard?

Dont get me wrong, I'm a Libertarian. People have the right to do whatever they want so long as they're not hurting or coercing anyone else.

It is kind of funny. At one point, he called into a radio talk show pretending to be a random citizen when the host recognized his voice as the Mayor's.

Did Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Defend Himself on Radio Show as Caller Named ‘Ian’?

Why resign, maybe he can pull a Marion Barry.
edit on 6-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Believe it or not, this man may have have secret support holding him up like this.. an average politician would crumple under the heat and resign.

Other things he did while being a mayor;
- flip a bird to a mother with a child.
- talk n cellphone while driving.

He did some good things for Toronto tho... maybe.. that's why, but i don't know.

he removed bunch of taxes and he is really good with poor folks.
edit on 11/6/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
And this is why politicians nowdays are surrounded by "minders", and PR people, and everything they say and do is carefully managed for appearance and public reaction.

Because as soon as you get a person who's a bit normal, average, has a few flaws, few extra flabby bits, like the rest of the population, people start demanding they resign.

And after the resignation, people then go back to complaining that politicians are managed by PR people ...etc...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
With all the lying included, Rob Ford is Canada's most honest politician.

He's also the person who most resembles the average person from Toronto

Just kidding...well maybe not.

In any case, his approval rating is up 10%.

This won't hurt him at all.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Does he do his job well? That's all that really matters. I'd vote for the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man if I thought he would do his job well.

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Nice to see that America isn't the only place with disgusting people in office.
This guy sounds like a cross between Chris Christie and Obama ...
Good luck with that ...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Here is a FORD crashing into a Camera.

From the Victim's perspective.

Of course you should watch the one with Audio, he is a hell of an actor with his over reaction.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
How long did it take before Filthy Filner of San Diego finally resigned?

It took two months of constant heat and various women coming forward before he finally got forced out.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Canada is pretty laid back... but imo, this is way too much tolerance, even for Canada.
edit on 11/6/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

He sounds like a Progressive.

Thank goodness we have grown so much that these people are not held accountable for their actions, there are no longer any moral standards... even for those that are supposedly leaders, and we can all feel good inside because we don't label people any more.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
While I don't vouch any behavior of this kind, I have to admit that Rob Ford has been under constant attack since the very first day he got into the office. Often while talking about political situation in my city we've come to understand that some of Ford's "reforms" in public funding end especially spendings have stepped on some big guys interests. Hence the attack of any kind. The smoking crack accusations were the last of the list of the attacks on Rob Ford. I understand that he's is a public figure and someone elected to represent the interests of the people of the city of Toronto and as such should be seen as the good example of the model politician and citizen. However I cannot stand the hypocrisy of our society, the double standard and ignorance when it comes to reality check and awareness of what's going on. Most of them who accuse Rob Ford are as viced and morally deprived as Ford, if not more. One is a known swinger, the other one cheats on his wife, the other one is an alcoholic, gambler, corrupted etc. In a society where moral norms are disappearing with a scary pace, where degradation, degeneration and deprivation of values that make a society healthy are becoming almost nonexistent, people still in their confounded and amorphous minds fall prey of this political traps and intrigues. How pathetic and ridiculous we've become as masses.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

People have the right to do whatever they want so long as they're not hurting or coercing anyone else.

Did his drinking or smoking crack hurt anyone else? If it didn't then why are you holding it against him.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I'm not sure I'd go so far as fully label him, but this is the logical outgrowth of a the whole "non-judgmental" outlook on life where you are encouraged to take no personal responsibility for yourself and your actions and don't you dare presume to judge those things in others, either! And woe be unto you if you should be caught telling others that something is bad and then be caught doing something a little bit wrong because oh! you hypocrite!

link   

butcherguy

Actually he's a hard core conservative.

link   

buster2010

People have the right to do whatever they want so long as they're not hurting or coercing anyone else.

Did his drinking or smoking crack hurt anyone else? If it didn't then why are you holding it against him.

And here we have exhibit 1 for what I just got done saying.

You, sir, make my point.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Your hit was on the target.

He did step on high rollers toes. The Toronto Star is already hate him, i believe he even banned them from conference.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

intrepid

butcherguy

Actually he's a hard core conservative.

You're talking to a TP'er facts just bounce off.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

lol your phrase just backfired lol.

He leans a bit to conservative side.

Then again, Conservative and Liberal parties in Canada is not a big issue or difference compared to American Political system.

We even have 3rd parties reaching high votes.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The only way he loses the next election is if Olivia Chow decides to step down from federal politics. It's being floated.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

If he weren't Canadian, Obama would probably make him head of the DEA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join