It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Canadian War Crimes Indictment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
A super power none the less that can even still now wipe most countries off the map if it wanted to.

How old are you? 12?

The "my country can blow up your country" remarks have got to go...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

How old are you? 12?

The "my country can blow up your country" remarks have got to go...

Perhaps you should step into the real world Russia is not even my country. But im not going to sugar coat the power of their military if you like it or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Arresting the President of the US, Yeah that might be a act of War. Well I guess our service men and women can spare a weekend to take over Canada.

Oops my bad...I should have quoted this remark instead...my apologies

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Lecky perhaps you should get a sense of humor

I see you also cut out the part where I said JUST KIDDING real slick

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
LOL! Sorry...I shouldn't have just picked on you, there are a few other with similar remarks on this thread.

I just get annoyed with the arrogant American attitude sometimes and thought some people in here were doing a great job showing our country's true colors

[edit on 11/18/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

A super power none the less that can even still now wipe most countries off the map if it wanted to.

Afghanistan has also been at war with its self for the last couple hundred years even when Russia invaded.

The US is still in Afghanistan your making it seem like they all packed up and left it to Canada. A 18,000-strong military coalition, dominated by 16,000 US troops, Canada is not trying to keep the peace alone by any means. So I dont know how many people you think Canada has over there.

I agree, if a war were to break out (never would, or so it seems) America would toss us around lilke a rag doll, but, it would never happen; we are Americans biggest trader in a number of realms.

Might never equals right; sure, in the animal kingdom, it may, but, as it were, we do not live in the animal kingdom and should be 'able' to work out our differences through passive diplomatic means. America, though, has done the opposite on a number of occasions and become almost 'trigger happy' on these occasions, George Bush is a prime example for the picking.

Canada helps in whatever way it can, more so through soft diplomacy, I
think we can ascertain what hard diplomacy warrants..

Deep

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I was one of the only ones that put J/K After my remarks I wanted people to know I was kidding. I try not to have a arrogant attitude towards any country let alone Canada I live in the northeast and often visit Canada.

I love a country where I could go and legally drink when I was 18

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

I agree, if a war were to break out (never would, or so it seems) America would toss us around lilke a rag doll, but, it would never happen; we are Americans biggest trader in a number of realms.

Canada helps in whatever way it can, more so through soft diplomacy, I
think we can ascertain what hard diplomacy warrants..

Deep

I agree It would never happen Canada has been one of our closest allies. Heck we even share joint command of NORAD one of our most important bases in North America.We dont even do that with the UK.

I think If we ever get a anti-missile shield up and running its planned to cover the US and Canada

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don�t know that The Toronto star is left wing per se, I happen to read news articles in there which appear unbiased. However, Opeds are just that, opinions of contributing writers, and their views do not necessarily express those of the newspaper. That said, as far as left wing, there is no one I enjoy more than Antonia Zerbisias, especially when she is on teh case of Bush and his administration.

Now, I don�t see why Canadians should even give Bush the time of day to acknowledge his presence in Canada, much less that to issue a fruitless indictment in the courts. His visit is in an official capacity not state, and therefore without the bells and whistles best saved for someone of value. When he speaks in parliament, he�ll be providing a chuckle to the audience with his lack of linguistics, and should he push his war-mongering, he will lose the 500 Canadians tuned in, if he is lucky to captivate that many. Maybe Izzy's inheritors will hype his visit.

To the poster who made reference to the Detroit Red Wings marching into Canada, it would be a non starter with more than half of the team being Canadians, and only 4 Americans.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
By the way Deevee, I think you are incorrect, most Canadians neither care for the man or his warring ways.

[edit on 11/18/04 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I think If we ever get a anti-missile shield up and running its planned to cover the US and Canada

Don't count on it. It's a flawed system that has neither been proven to work or deter any threats. And, being that the leader of the NDP (New Democratic Party), Jack Layton, is vehemently against it in a minority goverment, the Liberal, Paul Martin, still in a quandry, and the leader of the Conservative party, Steven Harper, wanting to know the exact semantic and mechanics of it. I hardly beleive it will be passed, and I would personaly not want to see "another arms race" to quoute Mr. Layton himself.

www.fluri.ca...

�Canadians pride ourselves on peacekeeping and working with other countries to build a safer world. Yet the Liberals want Canada to join Star Wars missile defence � an expensive, dangerous and destabilizing weapons system that will put weapons in space.

Canada shouldn�t reward George Bush�s choice to tear up an arms control treaty that prevented Star Wars� development. Instead, we should work for more arms control treaties and address real security threats through a
comprehensive human security plan.

Star Wars doesn�t protect anyone. No test has ever worked � even when the U.S. knew the incoming test missile�s location and trajectory.* A real enemy won�t tell us when they launch a missile, and they�ll likely launch more than one. But more importantly, every time a new weapons system is developed, someone invents weapons to beat it, which is why Star Wars triggers a new arms race.

Since Lester Pearson pioneered peacekeeping in the 1960s, the Liberals have lost their way. Paul Martin�s Liberals are undermining Canada�s global reputation, by supporting George Bush�s dangerous weapons system that can only start a new arms race. This isn�t Canadian values in action.

We shouldn�t be ashamed of Canadian values, and it�s time we said no to Star Wars missile defence. Period. Today�s NDP has new energy and we�ve led the growing opposition to this expensive military expansion.
This election, we invite you to make a positive choice for your values.�

Deep

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
So it was offered to Canada if they wanted it. I thought it was didnt know Canada wanted nothing to do with it though. Hey we didnt ask Mexico if they wanted it.

Its really up to them if they want it or not. Lasers are really just starting to come into their own now so that system might be working alot better soon.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
As a Canadian, I can only hope that someone does something about Bush, I've told all of the Dual Citizens I know to follow up on this, If this comes out along with all the 9/11 coverups, the American National ID cards that will be manditory very soon, the Transponders MANDITORY in all vehicles in the States in the near future... There may be a chance to stop this madness that is rampant in the U.S. media. Iraqi's = Animals brought to you by the Neocons, just sick.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
I don�t know that The Toronto star is left wing per se, I happen to read news articles in there which appear unbiased. However, Opeds are just that, opinions of contributing writers, and their views do not necessarily express those of the newspaper. That said, as far as left wing, there is no one I enjoy more than Antonia Zerbisias, especially when she is on teh case of Bush and his administration.

I admit that I read Antonia's columns - but solely from a comical sense....so I have to agree that I "enjoy" them too. But as far as ANY relevance or talent - I think she should spend less time reading/quoting blogs and go back to what she does best - making fun of how celebrities dress...and where they eat

top topics

<< 1   >>

join