It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will LAX Shooting Be Exploited to Arm TSA Agents?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The incident is almost certain to be exploited by the federal government and the media to justify draconian TSA security policies, but it could also be used to rubber stamp a policy of arming TSA agents.

As we reported earlier this year, the Department of Homeland Security has been hiring shooting ranges near airports in order to train TSA agents, suggesting that a plan to equip the screeners with firearms has been on the agenda for a while.

Will LAX Shooting Be Exploited to Arm TSA Agents?

As seen here, earlier in the year Infowars covered the apparent plan to start arming TSA agents.

Now, we see the problem-reaction-solution trigger that's likely to spark that discussion. Evil only has so many tricks in its playbook, and The Hegelian Dialectic is a big one.

Whatever you think of Alex Jones, it's hard to argue with what's happening before our eyes. As the global awakening of people increases in speed, the fervor with which TPTB are rolling out the police state is only increasing.

We're in a race versus those who seek to control us. If we can't awaken a sufficient mass of humanity to these tyrants before they put the finishing touches on their surveillance/control grid, it's all over for freedom.

If you care about your country and your freedoms, do your part and help spread the word.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Welp... Whatever happens... I won't be flying again anytime in the near future. TSA agents in my past when I travelled frequently seemed like the bottom of the barrell, authoritarian abusing miscreants and only solidified that though with the wide variety of problems that has arisen with the TSA and there actions.

I've always loved driving 1000's of miles across America, I think either way it goes, I'll just keep my feet on the ground and 4 wheels moving.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Absolutely. I hate to admit it but in today's world my first thought was not of the loss of life which happened but with the fact that now the TSA has something other than 9/11 to justify their existence. They're going to be insufferable.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Actually? I'm going to take what I know will be the odd position...but YES. I think they should arm and fully qualify the TSA 'agents' as POST certified law enforcement officers.

Right now, the gun is about all they're missing and they have almost nothing of the training, personality screening and accountability an actual law enforcement type goes though and lives with. All the benefits with none of the downside.

They need a little downside to slow their roll. Giving them guns would allow the demand for that to change, right along with it. After all, who in their right mind wants someone with a gun in and airport based on CURRENT TSA security agent requirements? 'Doh! I was werking at buger king last week! Now I is a speckal ajent! Har Har!'. Okay, it's not QUITE that bad...but it's real close if someone looks up the actual, on paper requirements to apply and get one of the positions.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It's being reported the shooter is a TSA agent.

Wouldnt surprise me if the feds used a TSA agent going on a rampage as justification to arm other TSA agents.

When it's a public place that you or I frequent the answer is that none of us should have guns. When it's one of the feds own the answer is not enough of them have guns.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
More firearms in ever increasingly slack work environments with even worse internal security, lower IQ and fewer restriction on medical (mental) history.

What could possibly go wrong? Theres only 50,000 of them.

edit on 1-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Actually? I'm going to take what I know will be the odd position...but YES. I think they should arm and fully qualify the TSA 'agents' as POST certified law enforcement officers.

Right now, the gun is about all they're missing and they have almost nothing of the training, personality screening and accountability an actual law enforcement type goes though and lives with. All the benefits with none of the downside.

They need a little downside to slow their roll. Giving them guns would allow the demand for that to change, right along with it. After all, who in their right mind wants someone with a gun in and airport based on CURRENT TSA security agent requirements? 'Doh! I was werking at buger king last week! Now I is a speckal ajent! Har Har!'. Okay, it's not QUITE that bad...but it's real close if someone looks up the actual, on paper requirements to apply and get one of the positions.

Armed TSA agents will result in more needless deaths....

But then this administration needs a revolt, for the next step...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
On another thread regarding the incident at LAX, it was claimed that the gunman was an off duty TSA officer. Just how many are disgruntled?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere
It's being reported the shooter is a TSA agent.

Wouldnt surprise me if the feds used a TSA agent going on a rampage as justification to arm other TSA agents.

When it's a public place that you or I frequent the answer is that none of us should have guns. When it's one of the feds own the answer is not enough of them have guns.

That would explain why he is alive then, rather than having the normal 50 to a hundred rounds in him... Wonder just why he wasn't a pin cushion...

One of their own!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

It'll be the "going postal" of the 2010's.

Monotonous government job where you think you're special and everyone hates you.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

A TSA agent has been shot dead and at least one other wounded after a gunman opened fire at an LAX security check point today.
Terminal 3 was evacuated shortly before 10am (PST) on Friday as gunfire rang out at Los Angeles International. Terrified passengers fled the building while others sheltered in lounges that were immediately placed on lock down.
The gunman, who was armed with a high-powered rifle, has been shot and is in custody, according to police.
The TSA agent was reportedly shot when the gunman opened fire at the desk where he was checking passengers’ passports and boarding cards. The gunman was reportedly an off-duty TSA agent, according to CBS News.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

That's what I'm reading....

The TSA agent was reportedly shot in the leg as the gunman opened fire at the desk where he was checking passengers' passports and boarding cards. The gunman who was armed with a high-powered rifle has been shot and is in custody, according to police

edit on 1-11-2013 by Dav1d because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
YES

They'll be allowed to molest your children

and strip/grope/fondle/probe your personal members as they please, at GUNPOINT!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

farmer77
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Absolutely. I hate to admit it but in today's world my first thought was not of the loss of life which happened but with the fact that now the TSA has something other than 9/11 to justify their existence. They're going to be insufferable.

It could, but the shooter was a TSA agent. Therefore, it would make more sense not to give them guns.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

The idea in arming them wouldn't be to give them more authority. They already have all that right now. It would be to force what they do not have. Screening, real training that goes beyond orientation and basic procedures coupled with the accountability system a TRUE law enforcement agency has.

The fact we have what appears to be an off-duty TSA doing this thing tends to make the case...although off duty federal agents have been known to go postal occasionally too. Just like people across society, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Dav1d

The idea in arming them wouldn't be to give them more authority. They already have all that right now. It would be to force what they do not have. Screening, real training that goes beyond orientation and basic procedures coupled with the accountability system a TRUE law enforcement agency has.

The fact we have what appears to be an off-duty TSA doing this thing tends to make the case...although off duty federal agents have been known to go postal occasionally too. Just like people across society, I suppose.

I can't agree with you here. If this logic were true, than there would be a ton of competent police officers. If you give the standard TSA a gun, they are going to get more power hungry/abusive then they already are.

As far as super TSA agents, true law enforcement if you will, what federal agency hasn't been involved in some of the worst cases of abuse of power or absolute corruption. The Marshals maybe… You can argue them, as respectable…

The US is headed in a very odd direction. Signs are really starting to show. Guns at the airport, checkpoints on state borders, a militarized police force, and the list goes on and on.

There are so many countries that have nothing even close to this yet they have little in terms of public shootings, terror incidents and public dissent. Perhaps the people running things need to rethink everything they do so people aren't apt to try and kill each other, or as they say, are trying to destroy America.

This would include rethinking foreign policy, domestic policy, human rights, law & order, treatment of veterans, treatment of lower class.

(I mean, in a perfect world…) It is no wonder Ron Paul stood zero chance of getting elected.

-

I would say though (Especially for the conspiratorial minded)… That it reeks of something by design. A major change is coming. And with the dissolution of the middle class, perhaps some see it as the only way. Most of the industrial and manufacturing jobs have been pushed overseas, to pollute someone else's country. The only thing still taking its toll on the country is oil production. (Pipeline spills and shale recovery).

SO, if the mass majority of land destroying jobs are shipped overseas, the working class that dominated those jobs has to dwindle, and I'm sure it isn't a pretty sight when that happens.

On the plus side, in two generations you have a major drop in consumption as well as a much cleaner country. Maybe that's the aim.

Not too mention a larger gap between the very wealthy and the very poor, as we see in most other places in this world.
edit on 1-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You kinda lost me with all that, as you're getting into a whole truck load of things that don't have much to do with the key question.

Should that TSA Security Officer have the standards and training, accountability and screening that any basic level of true law enforcement requires? They DO have the power ..and actually far MORE power in some ways, than any cop. It's telling when even the cops have come out to comment ..and nothing very nice to say...about that very situation.

This is what they need to meet for requirement to strip you naked, feel you up and have absolutely no accountability for doing it, unless they might actually cross into violent sexual assault ..and I'm not entirely sure THAT couldn't be explained away ..since they basically police themselves in too many ways.

KEY REQUIREMENTS

Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National at time of application submission
Be at least 18 years of age at time of application submission
Pass a Drug Screening and Medical Evaluation
Pass a background investigation including a credit and criminal check
No default on $7,500 or more in delinquent debt (but for some bankruptcies)
Selective Service registration required

and...

Applicants must meet these qualifications in order to be further evaluated in the TSO hiring process:

Have a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) credential OR at least one year of full-time work experience in the security industry, aviation screening, or as an X-ray technician
Be proficient in the English language (i.e., able to read, write, speak, and listen)

Wow.. Now that's meaningful. (/sarcasm)

..and what do you face if you meet those rather simple requirements? What further hurdles will you be required to cross? An MMPI (Personality screening test) perhaps? Nawww...because they aren't "cops". They just 'play' one for training and screening purposes.

If you meet the minimum qualifications, you may be invited to take a Computer Based Test (CBT) to confirm English language proficiency and evaluate x-ray interpretation aptitude. Upon passing the CBT, you will be eligible to be scheduled for additional assessments, which include: (1) a color vision test; (2) a structured interview to determine, among other qualities, your decision making skill and your ability to work with teams and the general public; (3) a drug screening; and (4) a job related medical evaluation that includes a vision exam, hearing exam, and adequate joint mobility exam (in part to determine the physical potential to repeatedly lift and/or carry up to 70 pounds, to stand between one to four hours without a break, and to walk up to two miles during a shift).
usajobs.gov - Hiring Requirements and Qualifications Page for TSO

I'd just like to see then screened as cops, trained as cops, and held to the same standards as cops ..if they are going to be acting with as much or more authority, in their little world, as the cops outside it.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor link correction

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You have a valid point. I agree with it actually. But still disagree that they should have guns.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Maybe it was the plan from the start??? I mean they have been buying or did buy mass quantities of bullets.... Just a thought that just poped up in me head

Could be connecting dots that aren't remotly close... But mathamatically wise I distributing all the ammunition purchases throughout America Airports for the TSA would greatly deplet the stock they currently have, yes? no? Maybe so?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

lol, wrabbit, why are you going for the more complicated [and complicating] option?

wouldn't it be simpler to get rid of the TSA?

one of those bomb/drug sniffing dogs is worth a thousand of them

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Federal officials identified the alleged gunman Friday afternoon as 23-year-old Paul Ciancia, of Los Angeles, NBC News reported.Source

During a mid-day news conference, authorities did not confirm reports that the gunman was an off-duty or former TSA employee. In a statement released Friday afternoon the TSA said "multiple" officers were shot.

"Earlier this morning, a shooting occurred at Terminal 3 at Los Angeles International Airport," according to the statement. "Multiple Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) were shot, one fatally. Additional details will be addressed by the FBI and local law enforcement who are investigating the shooting."

Source

Looks like they want to spin this story as multiple TSA agents shot by lone gunman.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join