It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinas Nuclear Submarine Attack Plans for the USA Revealed on Chinese State Run TV

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Chinas State Run TV has released information about Chinas Nuclear Submarine attack plans for the USA. The plans, including size of nuclear hits as well as which cities, was given freely by the government to the television station. This is just for the nuclear subs and doesnt' include their full nuclear arsenal.

Washington Times - Chinas Nuclear Submarine Attack Plans for the USA Revealed on Chinese State Run TV

Chinese state-run media revealed for the first time this week that Beijing’s nuclear submarines can attack American cities as a means to counterbalance U.S. nuclear deterrence in the Pacific.

On Monday, leading media outlets including China Central TV, the People’s Daily, the Global Times, the PLA Daily, the China Youth Daily and the Guangmin Daily ran identical, top-headlined reports about the “awesomeness” of the People's Liberation Army navy’s strategic submarine force.

The article features 30 photos and graphics detailing, among other things, damage projections for Seattle and Los Angeles after being hit by Chinese nuclear warheads and the deadly radiation that would spread all the way to Chicago.

And now ... I'll try to post the map .... Take note of the red and orange .. that's areas of intense radiation that China would unleash on the USA with just the nuclear sub hits ... not counting other nuclear missile hits.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just some children playing with their toys, U.S. is the same way, this is nothing new.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

ImaFungi
Just some children playing with their toys, U.S. is the same way, this is nothing new.

What is new about this is that China released the information. It's common sense that this would be Chinas plan, but they have never released it like this before. They are flexing their muscles a bit. There must be a reason why. The question is ... what message are they sending and to whom are they sending it???

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

All the state-run press reports stressed the point that the PLA’s missile submarines are now on routine strategic patrol, “which means that China for the first time has acquired the strategic deterrence and second strike capability against the United States.”

Strategic deterrence and second strike capability.

So in other words - they can attack back if attacked first?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I dont think there needs to be a reason. I thought mutually assured destruction and everyone having nukes pointed at everyone was the situation for a while, so with that being known their plans are kinda irrelevant. If anything maybe its to show their own people how tough and cool and that their tax money is being well spent protecting them, idk. I dont see how this is flexing muscles or anything, is anyone offended by this, is anyone going to do anything about this, did china say anything about this why they were doing it?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

snowspirit
Strategic deterrence and second strike capability.
So in other words - they can attack back if attacked first?

Strategic deterrence .... that's the Chinese version of what Bush43 did ... strike before the other guy can. Pre-emptive strike. That's what it's called in English. At least, that's how I read that ...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Yeah we got big sticks too.....we use ours though.

If they want to send a message it would have a double meaning, that we should not trust them.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The Military will shoot down the ones heading to Washington DC, that isn't a problem. The people living in DC shouldn't have to worry about this at all.....Oh, wait now...haven't they been getting rid of a lot of commanders at these places now, maybe the ones commanding the nuclear defense system will conveniently not see the missiles going towards the people who fired their comrads

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

China has been building bunkers since the 50s, really big and deep bunkers. They actually think they could survive a nuclear war....its laughable.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

FlyersFan

ImaFungi

What is new about this is that China released the information. It's common sense that this would be Chinas plan, but they have never released it like this before. They are flexing their muscles a bit. There must be a reason why. The question is ... what message are they sending and to whom are they sending it???

Yep, but really its not a big deal.

During the cold war it was the same, its just bluster and pandering, they need to look strong with the US presence in the Pacific.

Though I wish we would get past the Insanity of MAD thinking.

Its little comfort that the US forces would immediately analate China after any such attack (our nuclear subs are far more advance and plentiful) Does little if half the country is suddenly gone.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The thing is ... the Chinese government doesn't do anything that isn't calculated. They didn't just willy-nilly release this information to the State Run TV stations. They had a purpose. They had a message to someone. The question is .. what is the purpose and to whom were they giving a message to??

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Soooooooo..... About that ballistic missile test off the Pacific coast some time back, that no one seemed to know the origin of?

You don't think......? Nawwww... Couldn't have been... Could it?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Actually makes perfect sense with all the stuff going on around some islands the Philippines claim to own and the grand shift to the pacific as a stated goal by the USA. Kinda like saying start something over there and we might start something over here.. We are not Vietnam Bubba so beware kinda thing.... Thanks for posting S&F

Excellent thread about some of the stuff going on in PI that was posted a few days ago.... not my thread but beautifully written source. found the thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-11-2013 by 727Sky because: link

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

FlyersFan
The thing is ... the Chinese government doesn't do anything that isn't calculated. They didn't just willy-nilly release this information to the State Run TV stations. They had a purpose. They had a message to someone. The question is .. what is the purpose and to whom were they giving a message to??

IMHO Their own people. The Chinese one party state legitimacy rests on providing growth and pandering to nationalist sentiment.

They are saying they now have a survivable nuclear deterrent with their first operational SSBN patrols. Like the western powers and Russia have had for decades.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's exactly what came to mind ... the sightings a while back of the sub off the
West coast and missile launch .... and the Obama administration denying it and
the news cycle forgetting about it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm not close to any of those dots. That means I should worry about getting hit I guess. Chinese products are not known about their reliability. The safest place would be right where the dots are.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

rickymouse
I'm not close to any of those dots. That means I should worry about getting hit I guess. Chinese products are not known about their reliability. The safest place would be right where the dots are.
You confuse chinese products that are exported with those that they make for home.

There is a HUGE difference in quality.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

This is just the map for the nuclear subs. It's not counting the ICBMs ....
So really, no where is safe once those birds are in the air.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
China has a huge demographic problem.

Thanks to their one child policy and cultural preference for boys, they have a massive overabundance of young men who have no future - zip, zilch, nada. What do you do with those young men? Eventually, they are going to figure out that they have no future and then they become a massive problem for you unless you find a way to use them.

Why do you think China is flexing its military muscle? It has an overabundance of people who need to be gone. If China has designs on the larger Pacific region, there's never been a better time than now. We have bumbling incompetent in charge and they have an embarrassment of cannon fodder.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It only tells me that they have a new plan and this was the old one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join