It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Most people think only the private plans will be affected but according to Forbes - 45% of Large Company Healthcare plans will be terminated in 2014...

“The Departments’ mid-range estimate is that 66 percent of small employer plans and 45 percent of large employer plans will relinquish their grandfather status by the end of 2013,” wrote the administration on page 34,552 of the Register. All in all, more than half of employer-sponsored plans will lose their “grandfather status” and become illegal. According to the Congressional Budget Office, 156 million Americans—more than half the population—was covered by employer-sponsored insurance in 2013."

forbes.com
edit on 1-11-2013 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Nov 1 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
[image/gore removed]

My medical plan price for 2014 will increase 53%. Cant wait.

... and I'm probably one of the "lucky" ones

edit on 11/1/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: image/gore removed

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
the link is down

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Well then you may be interested in the video in my post where he says he is aware in 2010: Obama Busted Big Time In Obamacare Fiasco - Video

What I feel this video proves is that Obama knew this would happen, promised to fix it and instead decided to let them all lose their insurance. BUT, he campaigned saying the exact opposite and won the presidency. This is election fraud. And all because he wanted to force them all onto Obamacare.

Now I need to ask, how many of those WILL NOT have insurance year end? What if they can't afford the new increase? Obamacare will then have forced people to be insurance-less.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

BABYBULL24
Most people think only the private plans will be affected but according to Forbes - 45% of Large Company Healthcare plans will be terminated in 2014...

“The Departments’ mid-range estimate is that 66 percent of small employer plans and 45 percent of large employer plans will relinquish their grandfather status by the end of 2013,” wrote the administration on page 34,552 of the Register. All in all, more than half of employer-sponsored plans will lose their “grandfather status” and become illegal. According to the Congressional Budget Office, 156 million Americans—more than half the population—was covered by employer-sponsored insurance in 2013."

www.forbes.com... acare/
edit on 1-11-2013 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

Hmmm. How many small and large employer plans change every year? This article seems to lay blame at Obamacare, but absent a baseline, what good is the number?

Let's take a look.

50 percent of Americans get coverage through employers and already have no choice whether they can keep the exact same insurance plan and price structure year-to-year. That decision is made by employers, who offer employees a pre-determined menu of plans and prices.

nation.time.com...

From 2009...BEFORE ACA was passed.

Forty percent of employers surveyed said they are likely to increase the amount their workers pay out of pocket for doctor visits. Almost as many said they are likely to raise annual deductibles and the amount workers pay for prescription drugs.
Nine percent said they plan to tighten eligibility for health benefits; 8 percent said they plan to drop coverage entirely. Forty-one percent of employers said they are "somewhat" or "very" likely to increase the amount employees pay in premiums.

www.dailykos.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The link must be protected - it is #1 story on Forbes.com.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well ... tens of millions of people lose their health care.
I guess Obama really did fundamentally change America like he promised ... didn't he??

join