It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sebelius: "Don't Do This To Me!"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Awwww....the poor dear...

Is the pressure of being Obama's 'fall guy' for the Obamacare website debacle finally getting to Kathleen Sebelius?

It's amazing how many of Barry's ladies are tossed out to take his blame and responsibility for his failures...as he hides behind their Kevlar skirts.

Kathleen Sebelius is just Obama's latest 'human shield'...and it truly seems as if she is having second thoughts about being a good little toy soldier; suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous incompetence...all the while offering political cover for an inept and disengaged President.

CAUGHT ON TAPE:
www.youtube.com...

'Don't do this to me': Anguished Kathleen Sebelius caught on open mic pleading to aide as she is grilled by Congress on Obamacare debacle

The Health and Human Services Secretary, who is in charge of implementing the president's signature domestic policy, could be heard on a hot microphone as she turned to and aide and said, 'Don't do this to me' during a pause in the questioning.

It's not entirely clear what 'this' she was referring to. However, she was in the midst of fielding questions about whether she would sign up for an Obamacare insurance exchange for herself.
Sebelius offered a public apology and insisted that the performance of the website had 'improved.'

But moments before her hotly anticipated appearance before the House Energy and Commerce Committee, the Obamacare website crashed and was apparently unavailable in at least 20 states. Even those congressmen who came to question her were unable to load the site in their browsers before the hearing.

Midway through the hearing, Missouri Republican Billy Long grilled Sebelius over whether she would sign up for the insurance exchanges offered on the Obamacare website. He asked her to answer 'yes or no.'

It was then that Democratic Congressman Henry Waxman chimed in and asked for the floor.
That's when Sebelius turned to an aide sitting behind her and whispered, 'Don't do this to me.'
Waxman, from California, continued the line of questioning.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Is she starting to show a few cracks? Maybe ...getting a little unstable under the pressure? Perhaps a long, quiet retirement would better suit her. I'm sure a good % of the nation and most of Kansas would agree by now.

I absolutely don't rope Obama into this one, either. She's all the tyrant anyone needs for focus, IMO. I didn't really know her to have an opinion either way until I stopped for a dinner in Salina, Kansas several years ago at a Flying J Truckstop. Once in awhile...I really treasured a Steak and Shrimp dinner with my collected fuel points.

Well, to my surprise, I was informed that, NO, I could not have my steak cooked medium (or medium well, if I recall). Then Governor Sibelius had determined for the people of Kansas, that no steak in her state could be served in a public establishment with anything but a Well or Well Done cooking given. It was....for our health..I was told.

Well, I never did stop in Kansas again, following a second experience at a Petro truckstop, confirming it wasn't just some kooky person at that Flying J pulling a dumb move ..but really HAD been decreed by Queen Sibelius.

She's a tyrant and she'd BE a tyrant with or without Obama. She needs to step down or be removed from her position, in my opinion. She was among the very WORST I could have imagined to run such an invasive and potentially abusive system ...because she seems to have exploited that potential to it's fullest, in many ways.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

"Then Governor Sibelius had determined for the people of Kansas, that no steak in her state could be served in a public establishment with anything but a Well or Well Done cooking given."
- Wrabbit2000

I wish I could say: "Put a fork in her....She's DONE!"
...but we all know that Barry won't fire her.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I feel bad for this lady if she genuinely went in to this thinking all would work out well. I mean that sincerely.
No good deed goes unpunished.

With that said I believe the bulk of the government programs initiated are simply Trojan Horses for some other money making scheme for some politicians or their industry pals.
edit on 31-10-2013 by chrismarco because: I said dead instead of deed...oh you elusive english language, how I curse thee

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Are you serious?!? No rare steaks in Kansas???
That's insane. I'm sure she didn't have a medical panel or even a study to back her crazy law. I can't believe the people from Kansas took that. Slippery slopes, the next step is house raids over tips that you like your steak a little pink. Pure insanity.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Sebelius: "Don't Do This To Me!"

Says the woman who screwed the entire country ...
I have no sympathy. She is getting drilled and with good reason.
Obamacare ... she and Barry own it.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

"If you LIKE your steak....you can KEEP your steak!"

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Well, to my surprise, I was informed that, NO, I could not have my steak cooked medium (or medium well, if I recall). Then Governor Sibelius had determined for the people of Kansas, that no steak in her state could be served in a public establishment with anything but a Well or Well Done cooking given. It was....for our health..I was told.

Absolutely horrible !!

Now we know why she is * Cooking * Americans with the health insurance !!

It's....for our health

link   
reply to post by riffraff

I'm not sure what Kansas law/Health code is on that now. I know I never stopped for fuel or even a candy bar in that state again, after that. The only thing they got from my truck was the toll when I had to take their toll roads...and that annoyed to no end. Ahhh..the joys of an 18 wheeler. 400 gallons of on-board fuel meant I didn't have to stop in any state I wasn't picking up or delivering in that I didn't want to.

Heck, Kansas already had and still does have some of the highest tax rates on things like fuel, so they already had a couple hard strikes in my mind for doing any business of any kind there. This just put the frosting on the cupcake. Limon, Colorado came to pump A LOT of fuel for my truck, as it happened.

edit on 31-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

LMAO! Too funny!!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Is she starting to show a few cracks? Maybe ...getting a little unstable under the pressure? Perhaps a long, quiet retirement would better suit her.

Retirement? as in a 100k a year taxpayer funded retirement?

After all the money she siphoned out of the budget, she shouldn't have to retire, she should just quit.

edit on 31-10-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Don't rope Obama into it?

Even the most piss poor manager knows to inspect what you expect...

On Obamas signature program he couldn't be bothered to you know ensure its implementation was done right?

What the hell kind of leader is Obama? If I ran any job where I have been a manager like Obama has the office of the president I would be fired...

I guess we have fallen far from the buck stops here?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What I find amusing about the whole ACA failed program web sight is...... NSA can spy on anyone, even world leader's emails and cell phones without notice...... flawlessly until squealed on by someone like Snowden... Yet a web sight that should have been up and running for a heck of a lot less money than the 600 million or 1 billon reported to have been spent so far can not even begin to do it's job... Humm 320 million people divided into one billion dollars would have given most people enough money to be set for life..

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Progressives hate having to answer questions that shows flaws in their plan or agenda. It makes them very nervous that people have the absolute gall and temerity to question anything they do.

We see that throughout this admin.

The aide was probably telling her. "Madam Secretary, the site just crashed again."

But of course, one of the congressmen pointed that out to her anyways.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

On a side note, I just wanted to say that I didn't appreciate the gravity of the situation until a few weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I always hated the idea of the Feds telling me I have to buy anything. But I, like a lot of people, didn't understand what was common sense: For everyone to have health care means that most will have to pay more for less. A lot more for a lot less. People I know are being forced to downgrade their policy and are paying five times more for it....5 times!!
If I have to pay $10,000 a year or more for less insurance I don't know what I'd do. Sell drugs, rob a bank, start doing webcam pron. I don't know. This is gonna be a catalyst to something horrific for all of us.

On a side-side note i wanted to tell wrabbit that he is one of the most knowledgable posters on ATS. I always enjoy your posts and threads. Maybe when you retire from trucking you can do us all a solid and run for POTUS. Just don't let the machine assimilate you

edit on 31-10-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

xuenchen

Absolutely horrible !!

Now we know why she is * Cooking * Americans with the health insurance !!

It's....for our health

Naughty devil, did you order a double cheese burger from mcdonalds?
Well for your health were going to have to double your insurance rate AGAIN. Sorry, its for YOUR health

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Wow, hey must have changed that one because we stop in Topeka a lot and my husband gets his steaks blue from a Texas Roadhouse. Either they stopped caring or it got changed. However, I'm familiar with ole' Kathleen and how she "handled" insurance in the state. They used to have around 25 to 30 companies offering policies there, but by the time she was done that number had dwindled down to under 10. So much for competition in the market. This makes her the perfect choice to run Obamacare, don't you think? I also know that her so-called stellar job numbers in the state are mainly because of state government job creation and not because of private sector job creation.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Me re: Obamacare - "Don't do this to me"

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

727Sky
Humm 320 million people divided into one billion dollars would have given most people enough money to be set for life..

You might want to check your math there.

But I see what your saying...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

starfoxxx

Naughty devil, did you order a double cheese burger from mcdonalds?
Well for your health were going to have to double your insurance rate AGAIN. Sorry, its for YOUR health

This just made my blood boil.

Not because I disagree but because that is what will happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join