It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police aim guns at motorists going through checkpoint

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Wow. I'm the kind of person that knows my rights under the Constitution. I would not be sitting there looking up a gun barrel. I'd be locked eyes telling that dog how intelligent I think he is and demand to speak to his supervisor. This is just too over the line. 20 yrs ago, cops couldn't pull their guns without seeing 1 being brandished. Not saying they were overly cautious, but everyone that went thru that checkpoint now has a deep seated issue over it. Fear, anger, contempt. Be suttle if this is necessary. Not in the face. Negative emotions never improve the reaction to any situation. The new tactics have done nothing to help the statistics they were hoping to effect.
www.policestateusa.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Well I think that 20 years ago this still happened, and probably in a greater amount, you just didn't hear about it as much due to the lower impact media had back then.

If you think about this logically, why do you suppose we hear so much more about police action today. Is it because there is more happening or that more of it is being recorded and there are more ways to get that information out to the public?

I'd guess that in the past, just decades ago, police abuse was a far bigger problem than we have today where every cop knows there might be a camera trained on them. Back in the day, they didn't have that concern.

So I would confidently say that you are mistaken if you think this hasn't been commonplace in the past.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Pic from article, we saw it with the hunt for the Cop in LA, the Bombers in boston...

Its seems the intolerable has become tolerable in the US, complete with citizens apologist excusing the behavior...

Wow that dude sure looks like the felon...

Because lets be clear, they knew who they where looking for.

So again, its just getting people used to cops shoving guns in their face, you know for safety...
edit on 28-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Its nothing new.

How many people did Lincoln have arrested, with no proof, because someone thought they posed a political threat to his presidency?

Seriously, this type of action has always existed and throwing up a few pictures will not erase that fact. Is it right? Of course not, but it has never progressed beyond what it is.

Protest the actions but people who try to insinuate that the problem is getting worse are being disingenuous.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Spookybelle
reply to post by benrl

Its nothing new.

How many people did Lincoln have arrested, with no proof, because someone thought they posed a political threat to his presidency?

Seriously, this type of action has always existed and throwing up a few pictures will not erase that fact. Is it right? Of course not, but it has never progressed beyond what it is.

Protest the actions but people who try to insinuate that the problem is getting worse are being disingenuous.

Your argument is false, The excuses used to implement such action are becoming less and less critical.

Lincoln was a president facing a time of civil war, he had to guard against military coups...

By all statistics the US has had a massive decline in violent crime, Yet these incidents are on the rise.

IT is the triggering events that are becoming more common as the line to incite such a thing has shrunk, there is no arguing against the increase in police military like tactics.

It took massive riots during the civil rights movement to cause such things, now a small occupy protest gets maced in the face.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yeah, by all means, let's go ahead and rationalize this one away too.

Freakin' disgraceful.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

JayinAR

Freakin' disgraceful.

The apologist is as bad as the Politician,

Marching lock step to tyranny.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

benrl

JayinAR

Freakin' disgraceful.

And there are a whole damn lot of them right here on ATS.
People fail to see what is right in front of their eyes.

This is illegal!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Hey that's racial profiling even though the perpetrator was a bald Hispanic man and they had a recent picture of him you have to treat everyone equally...

And remember class this is why we should never visit The People's Republic of Southern California.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

benrl

Spookybelle
reply to post by benrl

Its nothing new.

Your argument is false, The excuses used to implement such action are becoming less and less critical.

Lincoln was a president facing a time of civil war, he had to guard against military coups...

By all statistics the US has had a massive decline in violent crime, Yet these incidents are on the rise.

IT is the triggering events that are becoming more common as the line to incite such a thing has shrunk, there is no arguing against the increase in police military like tactics.

It took massive riots during the civil rights movement to cause such things, now a small occupy protest gets maced in the face.

Perhaps you would care to post those statistics then since that is what you are claiming. We could then compare the statistics to determine if you are indeed telling the truth that violent crime is on the rise.

Protip: You might actually be surprised when you look at the statistics.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

He said violent crime is on the decline. But nice try.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

JayinAR

benrl

JayinAR

Freakin' disgraceful.

And there are a whole damn lot of them right here on ATS.
People fail to see what is right in front of their eyes.

This is illegal!

There are also plenty of people that see boogeymen around every corner where none exist.

A reliance on factual evidence does not make someone an apologist.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

JayinAR

Well then that would not support the theory that increased police action is having no effect then wouldn't it?

Perhaps if the police get even more abusive then violent crime will go down even more.

Is that what you are suggesting?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Spookybelle

benrl

Spookybelle
reply to post by benrl

Its nothing new.

Perhaps you would care to post those statistics then since that is what you are claiming. We could then compare the statistics to determine if you are indeed telling the truth that violent crime is on the rise.

FBI source

Crime falls again

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I am not suggesting anything, but again, nice try.

I am merely pointing out the abuses that so many turn the other cheek towards.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

benrl

Spookybelle

benrl

Spookybelle
reply to post by benrl

Its nothing new.

FBI source

Crime falls again

Fantastic, so what's the problem again?

If current police behavior is dropping violent crime then I say keep it up, increase it even because the results are paying off.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Spookybelle

JayinAR

Well then that would not support the theory that increased police action is having no effect then wouldn't it?

Perhaps if the police get even more abusive then violent crime will go down even more.

Is that what you are suggesting?

What fallacious logic is that,

By that logic you could blame the war on drugs and the hemorrhaging prison system as the cause...

Hell you could even pin the rise of the internet to the drop in crime (as its increase in use to drop in crime)

Heres a"pro tip" for yourself:

correlation does not equal causation.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

JayinAR

I am not suggesting anything, but again, nice try.

I am merely pointing out the abuses that so many turn the other cheek towards.

That is a fair thing to bring up and perhaps it is my mistake, but I was under the impression that this thread was speaking about an increase in police abuses and that was the point I was arguing.

If that is not your position then my apologies.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That's fine but the correlation is not mine, I am simply responding to what others post. I have no idea what the crime statistics are and am not arguing the reason they are rising or falling.

I am only pointing out that police abuses are not on the rise and there is no proof that they are any worse than they were 50 years ago.

We simply have more ways to be aware of them today which in turn leads me to logically assume that police abuse would be dropping.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I disagree with you Spookybelle, 20 yrs ago you would not hear about a cop punching a woman in the face or throwing a nurse to the floor after rushing her with 3 other cops jumping in. I don't believe it's seems more common because of internet coverage.

I think the majority of cops today are just too damn full of themselves and the authority they gained when they left the academy.

A couple of months ago I was driving down a dark road that had construction cones on both sides of the road. I was not familiar with the road and didn't know what lay beyond the cones, a ditch but I didn't know how deep ect. A cop was coming from the opposite direction with it's lights flashing and sirens blasting. I slowed down to a crawl but kept moving there was more traffic coming up behind me. I didn't pull over, because of the cones there was no where to pull over. I continue creeping along the cop passed me going in the opposite direction at a high rate of speed. Well next thing I know this cop is behind me now flashing its lights and siren. I make a right hand turn and pull over. This cop starts screaming at me hysterically telling me I should have pulled over and stopped when I saw her coming in the opposite direction. I tried to explain that there was no place to pull over due to the cones and she just went totally ballistic on me to the point that I was scared. Thankfully there were no street lights I know she could not see my face nor I hers. ( she never got out of her cruiser she yelled at me from her car)

She was in persuit, sirens going, lights flashing and pulled a U turn to come and scream at me? I just found her tactics to be bizarre and very intimidating. That is what we're seeing today that we didn't see back in the day. Cops seem to be loose cannons now and lack dignity and don't even understand what it really means to be a police officer, the protector of the people they serve.
edit on 28-10-2013 by 2manyholes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join