It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intense Sunset Photos 10-26 do to Solar Activity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hi everyone. Last night I grabbed my camera and headed to a local park to shoot sunset. On my way there I couldn't believe the intensity and warm colors spilling all over the horizon. I am no stranger to sunsets having filmed many from all over North America but this one was spectacular. I was wondering if the recent solar activity could be why the sunset was so intense. I took these photos. The oranges and reds were awesome!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Absolutely beautiful!!! I love pics like this! If there is anything that can ever ground you or make you realize how small you really are in the grand scheme of things it is our skies and our oceans.

We should look up and around way more often than we do. Thank you for sharing this beautiful photos. You have talent.

edit on 10/27/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

TY! Cheers Kanga!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Your pics took a really, really long time to load, but were well worth the wait! Gorgeous colors, so S&F !
Nugget

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
That will wake you up!!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wormwood these are gorgeous pics!!! You've captured a very intense and beautiful sunset. I have tried many times to capture those colors while painting and everytime I give up because it's so hard to replicate mother nature. Then I see photography such as yours and I'm back at the easle once again. Thank you maybe this time I'll succeed... SnF

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyholes

Thank you 2many! I just got lucky in the right place with my camera. I think the solar activity definitely enhanced the sky
If you right click on the pic then select open photo in new tab you can see the larger version

edit on 27-10-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Pretty sunsets and sunrises are generally related to dust and particulates in the air, the only exciting displays related to solar magnetic activity are aurorae.

Back when they used to do above ground nuclear testing, it produced absolutely stunning sunsets.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Bedlam
Pretty sunsets and sunrises are generally related to dust and particulates in the air, the only exciting displays related to solar magnetic activity are aurorae.

Back when they used to do above ground nuclear testing, it produced absolutely stunning sunsets.

Living in a farming state I concur..
Due to dust, high winds and the burning of overgrown ditches and sloughs this time of year... I get to enjoy this kind of stuff almost every day we are not covered by clouds. Depending on the weather.. almost every moonrise is the most Amazing color of Orange as well. I guess I might take this type of stuff for granted since I see it all the time.

Oh how I miss the Solar activity I used to enjoy 20+ years ago. The entire sky would light up and it was a spectacular sight. Even ten years ago when it was dying down it was still Amazing. Back in the day... The aurora borealis could actually be heard. It sounded like a stereo with the base turned all the way up and the music turned down. because we did not have digital cameras ,cell phones with amazing camera's or carried an audio recorder ever where we went back then... the evidence of our experience is only carried on by our story's we retell to those interested.

Galileo did not have the ability to take pictures of what he observed.. And yet... even though he was persecuted for some of his theory's ... his observations and theories made him important enough to remember to this day. (not many on this earth will made this kind of a footprint)

Beautiful pictures Wormwood... But you must not get out often if you believe these beautiful pictures were cause by Solar Activity.... Is this your first time outside? Don't be scared when you see rainbows around the Sun in Dec. and Jan... It is a normal thing when the atmosphere is right. Not the end of the world.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Quite beautiful, Wormwood! I'm a fan of sunset/sunrise photos myself, in that I take them quite often. My Cyber-shot doesn't pick the colors up quite as well as yours did, but I've managed to collect a number of equally stunning ones myself. I actually did take a similarly colored one on the 24th. I took too long scrambling for the camera & manually adjusting the settings, so what I ended up with was a golden-orange sunset with pinks & purples. Where do you live, if I may ask? Here in Florida, brilliant/vibrant sunsets tend to be a dime a dozen, depending on the time of year & atmospheric conditions.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

About 30 minutes ago... I was able witness the most Amazing Orange half moon set down in the East... For a few moments... I thought and wondered... how is this even possible? It was a little scary and strange... and then I did a few calculations ... sometimes these things happen... just like seasons change... yesterday I witnessed the moon going down in the west in late afternoon... perhaps around 3-5 pm if I remember correctly. (Sunday)

I spend most nights looking up or through the lens of a telescope... hence my late nights.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by livinglifeseekingtruth2

Ha Ha! Jokes on you all! it was actually the moon rising again! The current atmospheric conditions created an illusion.

Causing me to think how and why this would happen.. Turns out... the lone house across the way from me, hid the Moon for a moment and made it seem as if the Moon was descending ,instead of ascending. If you are still up... you should be able to walk outside and see the moon in it's 1/2 full glory in the Northern hemisphere.
Or wherever... LOL

Snapped a few crappy pics from my DROID phone if you want "pictures or it didn't happen" Will be happy to upload if asked... But dirty windows or lenses distort images... And I would not want anyone here to focus on the "ORBS" they perceive to be spirits of the dead....

I could be snarky or catty at the end.... but I have better things to do...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

My description of that day in my location (South Europe).

«yesterday, at sunset, it happened the same in my city ( near Porto, Portugal, Europe) it was an amazing set, there was some honey mesh orange to red clouds all over the sky, and just in eye view of horizon a little brilliant blue sky... was amazing, never seen that before»

I posted this before, here:www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks for those images

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Little more clouds around here today, but, just to say that colors in sky (behind some of massive clouds) were, for little while, something like those in the other day.. look at your sky later at sunset.. tell me what you have seen..

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Its autumn , sunsets are always more colorful in the autumn.

top topics

join