It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God and Evolution mutually exclusive? Darwin said, No.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Literally the first lines int he bible says: "God made man in his image."

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

So he is badly designed also?
Seeing that If something did design us the dude should be fired. For example other great apes can breath and eat at the same time...we can't resulting in thousands of choking deaths each year.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

What is point of breathing and eating at the same time?

I don't think it means that God created us like Him but like he wanted us to be. Weak.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Well it would stop people choking to death on food.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Strangely enough, we've learnt a lot in the 150+ years since Darwin wrote his famous book and at no point has the presence or power of a god or any other supernatural being been required for the process of evolution.

Many religious folk deny evolution as if it were true, there was no Adam, and if there was no Adam then there was no need for a Jesus. And at that point the whole house of cards would come crashing down.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

yamammasamonkey
reply to post by iterationzero

You said: "You have provided the words of Darwin, not any evidence that his potential falsification "has been proved true"."

The lack of evidence is the proof. He said it himself. I cannot provide a lack of evidence. I state their is a lack of evidence in the fossil record. It has never been found. This backwards BS reasoning you use is the exact reason why I will not waste my time going through each with you.
edit on 27-10-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

There is no lack of evidence . . . The fact that you say it hasn't been found, shows that you don't even understand that which you criticize. While it may not have been known or understood to Darwin, 150 yrs. ago, we now have ample evidence to support.

I provided several links that chronicle the evidence that you say "doesn't exist". You obviously didn't go to the links or even "Google" transitional fossils to verify if said evidence exists. Or more likely as is usually the case in these threads, completely ignored the evidence and any post that refutes your claims, in order to maintain the fantasy of your position.

The only one using BS reasoning is you.
edit on 10/27/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I would be very interested and receptive to some info on that. Even a link or two to articles on the subject would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

More can be found on the net...it isn't hard to find.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

So sad not even laughable. There has never once been a single fossil found of a transitional species. Only fossils of specimens with mutations and side traits have been found. Even Evolution scientists admit this.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Right no point at all responding to you, people show you evidence and you still deny it...
Deny ignorance is the motto of ATS why can't you accept you are wrong and we are cousins with great apes and evolution while not perfect is the truth.
Ignorant person you.
Goodbye.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I think that choking on food is not a big deal given that we are 6 billion plus humans on earth who eat 3 times a day with little choking to death.

So the next step in evolution for humans is to eat and breath at the same time?

Again what is purpose of this?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

bitsforbytes

I think that choking on food is not a big deal given that we are 6 billion plus humans on earth who eat 3 times a day with little choking to death.

So the next step in evolution for humans is to eat and breath at the same time?

Again what is purpose of this?

Tell that to the parents of the 3,000 children that choke to death each year....

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

As I pointed out in my OP, atheists will just keep on laughing at this God concept which they see no usefulness.

Okay, now I'd like to show you guys something interesting.

As you all know, communism is a total rejection of God, and is by definition atheist. Mao Zedong is still highly regarded in China for his "revolutionary" disposal of theism. These figures are the death toll created by Spanish Inquisition, vs Maoism (and ignoring Hitler):

Inquisition: 150,000 (Source: en.wikipedia.org...)

Maoism alone, lowest estimate: 40,000,000 (source: en.wikipedia.org...)

hm...

Could it be that as Darwin suggested, the belief in a deity could be beneficial in the fact that it provides a morality base? Like, "you shall not kill"?

Swan

edit on 27-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Could it be that as Darwin suggested, the belief in a deity, especially Jesus could be beneficial in the fact that it provides a morality base?

I would accept it as a possibility if the Abrahamic god hadn't slaughtered 20+ million people in the old days. That's not counting the murders and genocides and massacres and slaughters that can be attributed to belief in other deities and forms of worship.
edit on 27-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Hi. I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you here... I wish we could find a common ground one day.

No offence, but... how did you come up with that figure?? And... not to be nitpicking... but a total of 20,000,000 is still less than half of what Mao Zedong alone did in only one lifetime...

That's not counting the murders and genocides and massacres and slaughters that can be attributed to belief in other deities and forms of worship.

So, you are suggesting that belief in Krishna or Jesus will automatically result in mass slaughter? those people who kill in the name of God... they don't even deserve the name of humans. The true, original Bible was VERY different than the one the Roman freely distributes to the population. True christians (not those who kill and pretend Jesus told them to do it) are taught by Jesus's word to love their neighbour. Not kill them...

Belief in physics led to the atomic bomb, and an even worst outcome (MAD).

Following your logic, all those who believe in physics are potential mass slaughterers too.

PS: for some reason or another, ATS separates the "d" from the "o", and the name "Zedong" may appear separated but it is really not.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Hi. I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you here... I wish we could find a common ground one day.

No offence, but... how did you come up with that figure?? And... not to be nitpicking... but a total of 20,000,000 is still less than half of what Mao Zed ong alone did in only one lifetime...

dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com...

And that's just Yahweh. We haven't even touched Allah.

So, you are suggesting that belief in Krishna or Jesus will automatically result in mass slaughter?

This is what you said, before you edited:

Could it be that as Darwin suggested, the belief in a deity could be beneficial in the fact that it provides a morality base?

My response was a reflection of just how "moral" a basis the Abrahamic god provides. Jesus, I'm okay with. Yahweh, not so much.

those people who kill in the name of God... they don't even deserve the name of humans. The true, original Bible was VERY different than the one the Roman freely distributes to the population. True christians (not those who kill and pretend Jesus told them to do it) are taught by Jesus's word to love their neighbour. Not kill them...

I'm not quibbling over whether God was right to kill those people or not. You asked a question and I gave you my opinion, which is substantiated by the chart in the link above. Notice that every instance cited in that chart is linked to the relevant verse, which I thought was a rather intelligent touch to the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Also we have been around for about 200,000 years and I get annoyed when people say that Religion gave us morals....If we didn't have them for the 198,000 years before Christianity etc we wouldn't be here.
I have my own God but I will not follow anyone elses version of what at the end of the day is a personal relationship.
Those who do follow religion are following a version of God they have been taught not what they came up with using their own god given mind.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Those who do follow religion are following a version of God they have been taught not what they came up with using their own god given mind.

My point exactly. And because other tell them that God hates fags and God hates Evolution, people blindly follow all that without realizing it doesn't even begin to make sense.

A star for you mate

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com...

blogspot... hm, means whoever wrote that doesn't even have enough resources to start his/her own site. You can read alot of pretty crazy stuff on blogspot. I classify its credibility like BeforeItsNews'.

An example: According to some guy in blogspot, Obama has bodyguards which are from another planet: alltherealworld.blogspot.ca...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

blogspot... hm, means whoever wrote that doesn't even have enough resources to start his/her own site. You can read alot of pretty crazy stuff on blogspot. I classify its credibility like BeforeItsNews'.

I'm guessing you didn't even look at the chart, which means you missed the fact that EVERY SINGLE CITED INSTANCE OF GODS VIOLENCE AGAINST THE PEOPLE OF EARTH IS LINKED TO THE RELEVANT VERSE. Its credibility is easily established with a quick click and a moment's perusal.

In other words, your ignorance is willful. I have nothing further to add without your cooperation in this matter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join