It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God and Evolution mutually exclusive? Darwin said, No.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Is God and Evolution mutually exclusive? Darwin said, No.

by John SkieSwanne

~

For now more than a century, the debate on the origin of life is raging, creating confusion and civilisation clashes. This apparently harmless debate took a graver tone when it merged with politics. Shortly after Darwin published his theories, attacks were made against christians, and a war of ideology started. Atheists now accuse the religious of being dumb enough to believe that Evolution doesn't exists. At the same time, religious spends great efforts to block Evolution from being taught.

Darwin himself had the position that life undergoes evolution. But as he could not find an answer to the Great question, that is, where did life come from in the first place, Darwin always entertained the possibility that a non-chaotic force could have created it. What he did point out, though, is that all religions should be given equal consideration, not just one over all others. In a manner of speaking, Darwin just couldn't be 100% sure that complex life sprung out of total chaos. The chance for that to happen is often compared to the chance for a bunch of monkeys, in a closed room with a typewriter, to accidentally type out the complete work of Shakespeare.

He entertained the possibility that life could be created by a god-like structured force, and then its diversification could be decided by evolution.

Darwin once said a few words, which history seemed to have forgotten, but which I feel the World should hear out once again:

"I have never been an atheist in the sense of denying the existence of a God. ñ I think that generally ... an agnostic would be the most correct description of my state of mind."

-Charles Darwin

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

~

Conclusion

Darwin considered it "absurd to doubt that a man might be an ardent theist and an evolutionist" (source: en.wikipedia.org...).

So many atheists just read the Bible and then they just laugh at it. To such atheists I would like to point out that Darwin himself wasn't like that. Darwin specifically emphasized on the fact that such religions was vital for a culture's morality standards. Without morality standards, no trust can exist. Thus, no collaboration. Morality is what Francis Galton forgot when he distorted Darwin's theories to promote Eugenics.

So many religious people just ban Darwin's theory out of pure fear. To such religious people I would like to propose that If God is truly the creator of everything, why couldn't He create evolution to make His creation good (better with time)? Isn't spiritual evolution (repentance of sins) a gift from God to Man? Why not conclude that physical evolution is a gift from God to all of His creations?

Peace.

At Time's End,

Swan

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Beautiful read!

"They" draw the same conclusions about Einstein as well...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Thanks.

Spacetime: the fabric that carries Light rays.

Lucifer: the one who carries the Light.

Links, links, links...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

If the Design of the Eyeball perplexed Darwin...

Imagine what he would think of the DNA Molecule and Functions of cells!!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I agree that they don't exclude one another.
The history of Old Testament Israel shows God working through historical events, the classic example being Cyrus conquering Babylon with probably no conscious motive except extending his own power.
Then why not extend that backwards in time?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Funny thing about it all....

Darwin or the Origin of species is like God's word or "their" belief system!!

No disrespect to anyone's beliefs...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Darwinism and Godism is all bull crap for me.... no evidence here for any of it , if U are really honest...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

ZakOlongapo
reply to post by swanne

Darwinism and Godism is all bull crap for me.... no evidence here for any of it , if U are really honest...

Says (writes) the evidence...

Proof is in the pudding!!

edit on 26-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I may have missed something, but isn't it the THEORY of evolution. My meaning is that it hasn't been proved. Many people talk as if evolution were a fact, but I don't think it has been proven to be a fact. Consequently, what Darwin felt about the compatibility between belief in God and evolution is immaterial. He may very well have been wrong about evolution as a matter of fact.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Dude, Darwin named 8-10 things that would nullify all of his THEORIES if proven true. All of them have been proven true. Darwin essentially disproved Darwin. Get over it. It's the #1 conspiracy of all times.
edit on 26-10-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Darwin had a THEORY. I look at the LAW of cause and effect. If it all started with the Big Bang, then who or what caused the Big Bang. This is a question that has lead many scientists to consider creationism. I would prefer to base my beliefs on a LAW of science than a Theory.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
From the Apocrypha:
Book of Solomon, Book of Wisdom or Wisdom of Solomon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Wisdom
en.wikipedia.org...

Book of Wisdom
st-takla.org/pub_Deuterocanon/Deuterocanon-Apocrypha_El-Asfar_El-Kanoneya_El-Tanya__4-Wisdon-of-Solomon.html
st-takla.org...

But they were struck with blindness: as those others were at the doors of the just man, when they were covered with sudden darkness, and every one sought the passage of his own door.

For while the elements are changed in themselves, as in an instrument the sound of the quality is changed, yet all keep their sound: which may clearly be perceived by the very sight.

For the things of the land were turned into things of the water: and the things before swam in the water passed upon the land.

The fire had power in water above its own virtue, and the water forgot its quenching nature.

On the other side, the flames wasted not the flesh of corruptible animals walking therein, neither did they melt that good food, which was apt to melt as ice. For in all things thou didst magnify thy people, O Lord, and didst honour them, and didst not despise them, but didst assist them at all times, and in every place.

The book seems to focus or revolve around the four elements: Earth, Water, Wind and Fire.

Maybe even a 5th Element...

edit on 26-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFGB

...The Big Bang Never Happened

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think the reason evolution bothers some christians or maybe others is because it seeks to explain things without the requirement of a God force. It makes it easy to dismiss God because God isn't needed to explain things. I think this is even more clear with the origins of life, since one could require God to start the whole evolution thing, but if God isn't required for that either then God can be omitted.

It's hte whole habit of explaining things without turning to divine forces.
edit on 26-10-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If Christians would read the dang book they would find descriptions of Evolution (change) in humans!!

The section of Apocrypha I linked is in the Apocrypha for that green verse I highlighted above^.

Holy Bible:

Greatest selling book in History that NO one reads!!

I like to call it the "Big Gap"!

like this:

Eukaryotic Cell Cycle | Biology | Genetics
www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3_PNiLWBjY
www.youtube.com...

The gaps seem to occur in a different dimension or layer of reality...

edit on 26-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added reply and video

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
In other words, our "sinful nature" and our everlasting debt started with God before we even happened. Unless it was out of his control? But that would be putting a cap on his power, right?

This is very confusing. No matter how you twist it, something pops out of alignment.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFGB

I may have missed something, but isn't it the THEORY of evolution. My meaning is that it hasn't been proved. Many people talk as if evolution were a fact, but I don't think it has been proven to be a fact. Consequently, what Darwin felt about the compatibility between belief in God and evolution is immaterial. He may very well have been wrong about evolution as a matter of fact.

From the US National Academy of Sciences:

The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence. Many scientific theories are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially. For example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the Earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics). One of the most useful properties of scientific theories is that they can be used to make predictions about natural events or phenomena that have not yet been observed.

And from the American Association for the Advancement of Science:

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. The theory of biological evolution is more than "just a theory." It is as factual an explanation of the universe as the atomic theory of matter or the germ theory of disease. Our understanding of gravity is still a work in progress. But the phenomenon of gravity, like evolution, is an accepted fact.

Do you now understand what "theory" means when used in a scientific context?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

ZakOlongapo
reply to post by swanne

Wrong no evidence of God...lots for evolution.
I don't understand why Christians are so against evolution other religions accept it and even when the OP (cheers dude) offers what Darwin actually said (which makes sense to me) they still deny it.
Like he said God may have made the evolutionary rules.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I think he made up all the rules rolled the dice and let it ride...(I bet he is having a right laugh at it all).

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Not the worst theory I've ever heard haha. Keep working on it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join