It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid: 'Everybody ... Willing to Pay More' Taxes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Reid's Folly

Senate majority leader Harry Reid says that "Everybody" is "willing to pay more" taxes. He said so in an interview with a Nevada Public Radio host.

“The only people who feel there shouldn’t be more coming in to the federal government from the rich people are the Republicans in the Congress,” Reid told the radio host, according to Roll Call. “Everybody else, including the rich people, are willing to pay more. They want to pay more.”

While I don't know how to conduct an ATS poll, I'd be interested to know how many of you are willing to part with even more of your hard earned money than is already taken from you.

I think Reid is a fool and disagree with him 100%

What about you?
edit on 24-10-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Not which country but what planet is he living on?

Not a single person I know is willing to pay another cent in taxes in fact many suggest they are finished paying them at all!

Want whatever he's indulging in for such a fine delusion

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I honestly don't believe for a second that the people of Nevada are dumb enough to vote for this criminal........

Seriously? If he runs and gets re elected, the whole voting system in this country needs to be put under a microscope!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
When is someone goimg to stand up (in head to toe body armor)
and say:

Keep your patcheques... We are not paying interest of funny money anymore

Enjoy your life!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi should get married.

After all, they are the only two people living on their planet.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
When "dirty harry" said everybody, is that a everybody but our deer representatives and elected officials or everyboby across the board.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

irishchic
Not which country but what planet is he living on?

Not a single person I know is willing to pay another cent in taxes in fact many suggest they are finished paying them at all!

Once we ALL agree that we're done paying taxes, the criminal organization known as the Federal Reserve can be put to rest as all central banks should be. They are nothing more than a legalized mafia raping the populace under color of law using the IRS as their hired hit team.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Metallicus

I hope not, thier would be a good chance of them breading.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

While I despise Harry Reid he was talking about the "rich." I do think the tax code needs to be completely revamped to make it fair to everyone. Say a graduated flat tax.

I'm not sure who qualifies as rich anymore, billionaires? I heard the millionaires are struggling a bit.

Won't matter even if they raise taxes on the rich to 90%, they'll just spend it all on pork anyway.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Metallicus

Hmmm, that would require legalization of "marriage of the undead". I guess that will be next? Legalizing vampire and/or zombie marriages??

link   
Another example of how out of reach some people are with reality'......pay more taxes really!!.....personally I would rather chew off my own foot

link   

It's the same narrative that the hardcore shills, here at ATS have been spouting.

"Oh, it's just a little bit less in your pocketbook. Don't mind that, you''re going to love it!"

"In fact, be careful you don't get addicted... it's really that wonderful!"

"Everybody's going to be doing it, and it's going to feel so, so good!"

I'm not even going to post links, everybody knows who they are.

They know exactly what they're doing, and it's disgusting.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
All I know is every year I pay more and more. And I've reduced more than the average person.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I take offense to that!

Zombies and Vampires have feelings too you know!?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Bassago

While I despise Harry Reid he was talking about the "rich." I do think the tax code needs to be completely revamped to make it fair to everyone. Say a graduated flat tax.

I'm not sure who qualifies as rich anymore, billionaires? I heard the millionaires are struggling a bit.

Won't matter even if they raise taxes on the rich to 90%, they'll just spend it all on pork anyway.

Taxes can be raised to 100% for EVERYONE in the states! The debt is mathematically impossible to repay.

Then again, why pay it? A criminal organization (Federal Reserve) is "loaning" the US notes (not money) at interest. Don't see where that is authorized in the Constitution. Then again, as Georgie boy said, it's just a GD piece of paper, right?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

seeker1963

I take offense to that!

Zombies and Vampires have feelings too you know!?

My apologies. Sometimes zombies are More Human Than Human when compared to the rotting corpses we consider as representatives.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
that's a lie, i never said i'm willing to pay more taxes. he never asked me, if he had, i might be sitting in jail for not being able to stop from stomping his piss ant butt. pay more taxes my a@@!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wait? I'm not reading any responses that support Reid's assertion.

How can that be?

You mean he lied? Say it ain't so!?!?!?!?

Why would a Senator lie???

When do we take back our country?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

from the looks of this 1st page. it's 99% against paying more taxes. and one redo the tax code.

i wonder how long this trend will hold, before a bleeding heart that likes to spend others people's money come in and breaks it.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Who is this 'we' crap, Harry? Got a mouse in your pocket??

He makes a habit of just making things up because they sound good to his own ears, doesn't he? If he wandered outside his Super-Senator bubble, he might notice...people are taxed to the literal point of breaking households and putting people out of their homes ..as it is.

Anything more? I think it almost risks civil unrest in a way I've never seen in my life in America.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join