It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald’s 'Dollar Menu' Goes Up to $5 (& the Federal Reserve)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The smell of the waste later is so uniquely ratchet why would anyone eat micro fiber magnets anyways.

It has nothing to do with Gold that is a myth. It has to do with currency not being issued and controlled by the people of the USA

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

jimmyx
reply to post by wasaka

use bitcoin?...not in a million years. if one cannot see the problem, they need to take a remedial finance class.

My coins have doubled in the past few months.
Maybe you don't see value in this, but I do.

It means means I can now use my bitcoins to buy twice
as many Burger King whoppers (something I have done
thanks to Gyft). Gyft allows you to purchase gift cards
at more than 50,000 retail locations in the U.S., including
Lowe’s, GAP, Sephora, Gamestop, American Eagle, Nike,
Marriott, Burger King and Fandango.

That’s progress, right?

…even though bitcoins are most widely known for their attributes as a currency, its important to recognize the value of bitcoin as payment network, public ledger, secure and liquid store of value. How valuable is something so unique and innovative? Ultimately the free market will decide and since bitcoins are 100% decentralized and open source, they remain free from political influence or centralized control. Never before in history has anything existed with these 4 attributes while remaining secure and able to send around the world in minutes with little or no fees… source

Yes, I can buy movie tickets with Gyft, but most bitcoin
owners today still must convert their coins back to traditional
currency in order to buy certain items, pay bills and purchase
things at their favorite shops. However, the tide is shifting
and the conversion necessity is falling. As the value of bitcoins
increase there will be more value to spread around, and more
people willing to spend bitcoins. With willing spenders, more
business will accept bitcoins and the conversion necessity will
fall further– eventually to zero, or at least get pretty close.

edit on 26-10-2013 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder
reply to post by Bassago

It has nothing to do with Gold that is a myth. It has to do with currency not being issued and controlled by the people of the USA

Money in general is the fantasy based on the faith of the holders of whatever currencies. Gold to some extent is also fantasy money as it's main uses are ornamental and industrial. However, of all the funny money out there gold has remained the most stable and reliable over the last few millennium.

Where every currency in the world is consistently rocked and unreliable in the long run gold requires a concerted and orchestrated effort to effect the value. Note I said value not price. In determining the real value of gold which can be used to purchase any form of fiat money you also need to factor in the specific fiat money premium costs.

For all practical purposes gold is the most "real" money we have or have ever had. Which is why China, Russia and India are on the gold buying express while western nations continue printing up the faith backed funny money.

Gold hasn't gone up in price since the $32 an ounce days. The dollar has lost 40 times it's value since then. Which brings us back to the overpriced McD's dollar / $5 menu.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

QE will end soon and inflation will result. The minimum wage is being forced up in preparation.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
13% of their revenu? that's a flat out lie.

I used to work at mcdonalds and people would order jr chickens, Mcdoubles, and bacon cheese burgers like crazy. Expecially during the night time.

With this you can expect a lot of drunk people at night looking at the change in their pocket and saying * this is going towards Sev food, at least il get partically full on quesidias, tacos, w.e lol.

I just know how the average drunk thinks and they arn't forking over 20$ unless the bag has 12 burgers in it.... its as simple as that.

Anyways i hope this gouges the 35+% income the dollar menu puts out.

13% is down playing it, No way did i see people buying 10$+ for 1 meal on average. Youv got to be insain or full of Amonium Hydroxid to believe this will work lol.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

MsAphrodite
reply to post by Bassago

QE will end soon and inflation will result. The minimum wage is being forced up in preparation.

If QE ever ends we'll see a jump in interest rates effecting TBills, US debt, etc. More inflation will certainly result.

We already have massive inflation now but the Fed fudged the numbers on the way they calculate it now. If you calculate inflation as we did in 1970 you'll see inflation is around 10% or higher.

Fed is caught in it's own trap with QE. If they taper the markets get hosed and if they keep pumping we're still going to be hosed, just a little later.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Bassago
I guess the main point I'm getting at is due to the Federal Reserve's policies, loss of the gold standard and now the Fed's recent QE $85 billion per month in fiat money creation we are getting more real inflation at an increasing pace. They will never admit it but every time you shop or get gas you plainly see it.

McDonald's article is really a side issue to the sickness underlying our basic economic system. We need to abolish the Federal Reserve.
edit on 061pm4545pm72013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

QE isn't causing much of a domestic loss in purchasing power. It does lead to some international devaluation, but every worldwide currency is in a race to the bottom right now so that doesn't mean very much. The money QE is pumping out has so far been sitting in accounts and not entering circulation which was one of the terms the fed put in place for anyone they give money to.

QE is bad, but it's not why McDonalds is raising their prices.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by Bassago

Inflation is the easiest way to steal money from the masses, next to asset forfeiture after being arrested.
edit on 24-10-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

LOL. The prices of most fast food these days is "asset forfeiture".

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

QE is bad, but it's not why McDonalds is raising their prices.

Agreed, QE simply adds to the fire the Fed policies, loss of the gold standard and other things started a hundred years ago. At this point however we have little room left to maneuver the dollar downward. As far as a race to the bottom, we are almost there.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Thank you OP. I was wondering when this would happen. I buy a Mcdouble once a year because I enjoy them even though I know they have to be absolutely horrible for me. All this time I am wondering how long they can keep the price at $1 when the value of the dollar is being utterly destroyed. You are spot on sir.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Ha! Indeed we do have Taco King. Serano's is better

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join