It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress discussions to sell the National Parks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

You nailed it! Star for joo!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is something Ron Paul was a big supporter of and ATS loves him. So why the hate now?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I thought Agenda 21 was all about complete government control of all land, not corporate control of all land.

Who do you think controls the government. Hint read the bottom of your post.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
They have tried this in UK with the Forrest.
the public out cry was to much.
tried in the past to.

USA? no one cares!
the People need to get the word out.
Stop them selling USA!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It belongs to the people and they should have the right to decide. Why isn't this brought up to a vote????????????

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Yah right, its all just "talk". It always starts that way. People say ahhh, it won't go anywhere, they're just "discussing" it. Quit worrying.

The fed already owns half the land in the US. Parks are supposed to be set aside for posterity. That means forever.

Now go back to talking.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The fed already owns half the land in the US. Parks are supposed to be set aside for posterity. That means forever.

READ what you wrote. The US government owns 1/3 of the land and NOT ALL of it IS PARKS! Up until 1988 Homesteading was still allowed. For those who do not understand that is land free to those who use it for a specified amount of time. Now the US government SELLS the land at fair market value.

US government land was sold UNDER CLINTON down the street from me in the 1990s.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I wasn't brushing it off as you so have decidedly chosen to interpret my words. My point was to show the actual bill, how it isn't "new" and how it surely wasn't some back-door deal that arose from the "shutdown". That is called denying ignorance, finding facts, not allowing some Youtube video to persuade because it emotionally tugs.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Not to get into a pissing match, but come on...Soros is as much, if not more, an offender; the same with Mayor Bloomberg and his far-reaching lobbying groups he has actively funded.

Toe the line all you want -- I personally think both of them are just as guilty, but maybe I can borrow your rose-colored glasses that see it otherwise.

edit on 24-10-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by skuly

Teddy Roosevelt is rolling over atop John Muir in his grave.

My thoughts as well when I saw the topic.

I think giving California to China to settle our debt with them is a much better idea than selling off one of the few great things we have left in the USA.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

crimvelvet
reply to post by skuly

By the way it is selling FEDERAL LANDS not parks. The United States government has direct ownership of almost 650 million acres of land (2.63 million square kilometers) – nearly 30% of its total territory. much is leased as grazing or timber lands.

MAP

There is no use crim...the people are responding to the false information, regardless what you or I post that shows otherwise.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I don't recall saying anything about who is worse. My point was Soros is often mentioned in posts here in a knee jerk reaction to things he has nothing to do with. I didn't say he didn't do bad things and I certainly wouldn't argue with you about Bloomberg. Not sure why you're picking where there's no thread to pull.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

crimvelvet
reply to post by skuly

By the way it is selling FEDERAL LANDS not parks. The United States government has direct ownership of almost 650 million acres of land (2.63 million square kilometers) – nearly 30% of its total territory. much is leased as grazing or timber lands.

MAP

There is no use crim...the people are responding to the false information, regardless what you or I post that shows otherwise.

I was going to chime in earlier today but waited till I got off work. And now I see you both pointed out what I saw.

This is an Alex Jones tactic if ever. OMG, they're going to sell the National Parks!! NO. Anyone who has ever driven around Utah knows there are thousands of square miles of barren, useless land the government owns that are not a part of a national park, contain no unique or significant geological features, etc. Hell, the feds own 70% of Wyoming and only 30% of that ownership is national parks. The rest is just BLM land.

There is a lot we could sell that would not infringe on public lands or harm national geologic features that are national treasures.

Now, if we're going to discuss how the land will be used that's sold, that's another story.

But I suppose you guys are right, most people just read headlines and respond to false info.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

READ what you wrote. The US government owns 1/3 of the land and NOT ALL of it IS PARKS!

I didn't write that.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

[qoute]That is called denying ignorance, finding facts, not allowing some Youtube video to persuade because it emotionally tugs.

I'm old enough to have seen the land in my home world be gobbled up and sold for development again and again. In the neighborhood where I grew up this was parks, places called reserves and preserves. Its pretty much gone now. It was supposed to be there forever. I don't know where you live.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

My point was Soros is often mentioned in posts here in a knee jerk reaction to things he has nothing to do with.

Oh you mean like this?
Retire Rich: The Land Grab for arable Farmland: As world population expands, the demand for arable land should soar. At least that's what George Soros, Lord Rothschild, and other investors believe.

and this?
Feds buying up farmland they flooded; Soros in on it

and this?
Rothschild cashes in by Investing in Farmland

and this?
Investing in Farmland: 4 Ways to Play the Agricultural Boom

and this?
Obama administration extends attacks on farmers by confiscating bank accounts

and this?
When Hedge Funds Go Farming

What in Hades did you think the Food 'Safety' Modernization law was all about? It is about driving independent farmers from their land. 50% of Farmers Have to Get a Second Job to Pay Bills

Food Safety Modernization Act harms small farmers and safety innovation

The Five Largest Landowners in the USA are:
1. John Malone The cable tycoon
2. Ted Turner
3. The Emmerson family (lumber)
4. Brad Kelley (discount cigarettes)
5. The Irving family The Canadian forestry family

George Soros is Argentina's biggest landowner. His insider trading conviction was upheld by the highest court in France on June 14, 2006.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

I guess the survivalists better find somewhere else to go when TSHTF.

No doubt the consequences of trespassing on these elite lands will be horrendous...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Maybe the people should get together and chip in and buy these parks from their government (if that makes any sense)?

Somehow, I don't think they would allow that to happen...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
First the parks....

Then our homes...

Then the slaves.

At that point- we would look back and say "If only we hadnt sold our parks, we wouldnt be giving backrubs and happy endings to our new masters"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join