It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Magic versus White Magic -- the left hand path versus the right

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Is the RH path capable of 'solving' the 'problem of evil' ?

There are those who say that Taoism, Buddhism and Advaita Yoga fail to solve 'this problem' which some might say is the 'final obstacle'.

Maybe those people would rather not have a reason to be grateful for what they have? Maybe they would rather take it all for granted and forget why they were ever grateful in the first place? We need pain and sorrow and fear to remember why joy and pleasure are good. When you eat your favorite food all the time, it stops being your favorite. It starts being tasteless. And then it turns repulsive. You hate the sight of it. Because it's all you know. And repetition is hell.

I don't want evil to go away because it's the only thing that makes the good stuff...well, good.

Hi,

I definitely appreciate your perspective.

Let me share something with you you might like; or maybe not.

Let's postulate that 'God' is all that exists. That nothing exists
except the body of God, and that anything which exists is
made from the body of God. Now lets not go roundy roundy
with the usual arguments that 'God is separate from His
creation' or that this persective is 'animist' and thus 'primitive'.

Let's just assume for the sake of argument, that if you pick up
a turd, you are picking up a form of God, becuase that's all
there is --- God.

Well, if God wanted to create 'others' to love and interact
with, and if only God existed, then God would have to
put some 'imperfections' or "barriers" into a part of Himself,
to introduce "less than God" or "in the image of God, but
not God".

This "imperfect reflection" would of necessity hurt many
of the temporary beings which formed inside -- becasue
it was 'imperfect'.

But since all that imperfect was just God too... playing
peek-a-boo with himself, then who is really being hurt?
God would be a massochist, not a sadist.

Yet still, there are suffering beings inside, even if they
only exist in a certain context and for a certain time.

This then, if you accept this premise, explains the
reason that 'evil exists'.

But how could a loving God accept all this terrible
suffering going on inside? THAT is the 'problem
of evil'. And once a reflection in limitation solves
that conundrum, then they are empowered to
make a difference.

You can call such a person a sage, buddha,
bohdisatva or a son or daughter of God if you
wish. (just telling a 'theoretical story here').

This story allows for the usefulness of both
the so-called LH and RH paths.

I just thought you might like this interpretation,
and I bet you intuitively understood it to begin
with. Who knows?

Love,

KPB

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Metallicus
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

I think that there is something above the world of duality and that if there is a right and a left hand path you are probably taking one of two roads leading to the same place in the end.

;-)

When nobody is looking, they all take hugs.

KPB

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I practice grey magic. It's easier that way. I don't have to worry about whether I'm moving towards union with or moving away from the divine source.

All this talk is a bit silly really. It's like watching schoolboys playing dungeons and dragons.

I create and manifest every day in alignment with my souls journey. If that's considered 'bad' then so be it. If I'm seen to be a 'light worker' then all well and good. Once you move beyond the matrix of this space time reality, there is nothing to contemplate but the void.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Black magic is self-serving

Black = absorbing all light/energy

White magic help s another instead of self

All is material even energy/spirit.

The only thing not physical is the void, but that place is deas, all of the, action/life/movement/experience is happening HERE.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I tried it when I was 17.... now...guess what????

As a reminder of my stupidity, about 2-4 times per year I wake up with long scratch marks down my arm. Usually come in row of 3 like cat scratch and about 10 inches long. They can even happen when I'm awake. I just feel a stinging and I look over and sure enough there they are. It's happend for 21 years now straight. There's no other explaination than it's some kind of demonic attack.

So don't be a FRACKING STUPID teenage mornon who needs to practice witchcraft to get some kind of kick and ego boost thinking they are gaining control over situations or people. You could be signing your own death warrent. If you want to gain any kind of power just turn to the real God. It says in the bible, the prayer of a rightous man is powerful and effective.

WITCHCRAFT of any sort is for FRACKING MORNONS!!! If you talk to a witch you're talking to literally a lower life form. An idiot who should be institutionalized becuase there really that dumb!

edit on 24-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Wow...

I mean, I never really felt that way about anyone. You harbor hate in your heart, then turn around and say you're under attack by demons....
I hate to break it to you, but the demon is you, and you are the demon. There is no attack on you, other than you attacking yourself. Get rid of that baggage, dude...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ok my question in all this is,

Who said the LHP is evil
And that the RHP is good ?

In ancient summer the " main " deity was Inanna who was linked with Venus (the morning star)
Ancient Babylon Ishtar - Venus
Ancient Egypt Isis - Venus

This is where I lost the link,

My theory is that masculine religions overthrew the feminine religions.

In Greek mythology Zues overthrows Gia

and the comes Christianity, Now who is linked with Venus in christianity ? Satan.

The conclusion I have come to is that its the Devine Feminine vs the Devine Masculine and not evil vs good.

Also, be careful, Satanism as a philosophy and does not have to include demon worship. Its more a guide on how to live on this Physical earth,

Luciferianism is much more spiritual and DOES include demon worship. This is the one you are talking about throughout your thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Are you a composite lump of flesh and bone, a slave to the animal instinct of the body--a mere vessel designed to do little more than GORGE and HORDE and BATTLE and SEX your way through life until death sweeps you into oblivion?

Or are you a unique spirit tied to flesh for the purposes of experiencing this earthly life, a unique spirit whose natural state is to embody the divinity from which it arose?

Only those who think they are spirits believe that they are mere vessels, composite lump of flesh and bone, and a slave to the body. In order to pretend to be a spirit, one must deny and slander the only substantial aspects of himself that exist, his physical being.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Let's postulate that 'God' is all that exists. That nothing exists
except the body of God, and that anything which exists is
made from the body of God. Now lets not go roundy roundy
with the usual arguments that 'God is separate from His
creation' or that this persective is 'animist' and thus 'primitive'.

Let's just assume for the sake of argument, that if you pick up
a turd, you are picking up a form of God, becuase that's all
there is --- God.

I'm following.

Well, if God wanted to create 'others' to love and interact
with, and if only God existed, then God would have to
put some 'imperfections' or "barriers" into a part of Himself,
to introduce "less than God" or "in the image of God, but
not God".

This "imperfect reflection" would of necessity hurt many
of the temporary beings which formed inside -- becasue
it was 'imperfect'.

But since all that imperfect was just God too... playing
peek-a-boo with himself, then who is really being hurt?
God would be a massochist, not a sadist.

Yet still, there are suffering beings inside, even if they
only exist in a certain context and for a certain time.

This then, if you accept this premise, explains the
reason that 'evil exists'.

Not really. Let's say that God is what chemists call a solution - every part is a precise reflection of the whole. This means that a thousand replicas of himself are just as perfect as the original. Since he is 'omnipotent', he is clearly capable of doing this without breaking a sweat or even blinking.

Now, let's look a little deeper. I have seen no evidence to suggest that the Judaic god is at all interested in anything besides himself. He creates a world to support a people whose existence was never meant to be for their own benefit, but rather, his own. This is why it is considered a punishment to be separated from him. Because as far as he is concerned, there is no greater reward than being in his presence. That is the definition of narcissism.

So as far as wanting to love someone...he already had someone to love: himself. But he wanted more. He wanted a thousand, a million people to love and adore and worship him.

But how could a loving God accept all this terrible
suffering going on inside? THAT is the 'problem
of evil'. And once a reflection in limitation solves
that conundrum, then they are empowered to
make a difference.

You can call such a person a sage, buddha,
bohdisatva or a son or daughter of God if you
wish. (just telling a 'theoretical story here').

This story allows for the usefulness of both
the so-called LH and RH paths.

I just thought you might like this interpretation,
and I bet you intuitively understood it to begin
with. Who knows?

I understood the point you were trying to make, but I think you forgot to consider what his behavior indicates, rather than the pretty words he speaks. His behavior tells me the end game was always his own satisfaction, As long as he is happy, nothing else matters. Why else would he create a sheepdog to keep us constantly running in his direction? He would hate to risk us finding something better, waking up to our own desires and inclinations, and end up losing us as potential sycophants.

We don't exist for our happiness. We exist for his. And in his eyes, that should be good enough for us. Because what better fate is there than spending forever gazing upon his glory? Bah. It makes me want to puke.
edit on 24-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This thread, is one of the better threads I've seen in awhile. I have never really heard "Black and White" referred to as "LHP or RHP". I guess I always assumed it was a simplistic good/evil sorta thing.

where do those terms come from and mean? (LHP and RHP)? are they a pure mapping to so called
white and black magick? and , if you start to break them down what is it?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostinshell

This thread, is one of the better threads I've seen in awhile. I have never really heard "Black and White" referred to as "LHP or RHP". I guess I always assumed it was a simplistic good/evil sorta thing.

where do those terms come from and mean? (LHP and RHP)? are they a pure mapping to so called

Taking from yourself to give to others.

Taking from others to have for yourself.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Only those who think they are spirits believe that they are mere vessels, composite lump of flesh and bone, and a slave to the body. In order to pretend to be a spirit, one must deny and slander the only substantial aspects of himself that exist, his physical being.

Such an ungrateful approach to life.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Meh, left and right can be put into many aspects of life. Usually the left hand symbolized with death or a negative aspect, while the right usually symbolized with Good. Like the bible interpretation of gods left hand is Objectionable Acts, such as death and punishment, while the Right is good deeds, and some how relates to Jesus. For example, Jesus was Gods right hand guy. Or you could look it as Male and Feminine, or in a Abraham-ic example would Goats, Ram(left), while Sheep are the right.

I've noticed how it best represents ancient duality(although its hardly mentioned about the left and right hands, but it there for some reason), or even a middle eastern Yin and Yang. Have you ever heard of two twins that live on two different roads, where one lead to heaven( a village with some wine or bread), and the one that lead to hell (Bandits, highway-man, or lion, tigers or bears). It a good riddle.

"There's a fork in the road to Heaven, where one way leads to Hell. At this fork in the road, two twin brothers live who are exactly alike, except that one always tells the truth and the other one always lies. What single question can you ask one of them to find the way to Heaven?"

As for me, Im not a big believer in magic, although I'm into Symbolism.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

"There's a fork in the road to Heaven, where one way leads to Hell. At this fork in the road, two twin brothers live who are exactly alike, except that one always tells the truth and the other one always lies. What single question can you ask one of them to find the way to Heaven?"

"Which of you is the liar?"

Not that difficult of a riddle.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

I feel that no Christian has the right to chastise or judge another for partaking in such practices. Personally, I find the guy pretending to drink the blood of a dead man for eternal life just as obscene as the guy sacrificing a goat to Satan for wealth and power. Same damn thing in my book.

edit on 23-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I feel you have no right to chastise Christians who are trying to tell you the truth especially when you have no clue what you are even talking about when it comes to Christianity.

Jesus Christ is and was God in the flesh and God the Fathers son. The wine and bread represent his willing blood and body sacrifice for us so we can have eternal life and forgiveness from all sins for all time, we do that in remembrance of him and what he did.
We are not murdering animals and people, and we are not drinking real blood and doing perverse things to please fallen angels and demonic spirits like Pagans do. With White and Black magic you are playing with powerful fallen entities, which can and will take you into destruction with them in the end.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Ghostinshell

The use of LHP RHP terminology was popularized by Madam Blavatsky in the 19th century. She was the founder of Theosophy. The terms itself have roots in Sanskrit.

Vamachara is the Sanskrit term meaning "left-handed attainment" while the term Dakshinachara means the "right-handed path" respectively. These idoeologies are evident in Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, and Sikhism. There is also reference to it's ideology in the Bible, such as

"And he shall separate them one from another, as a sheperd divideth his sheep from the goats. And he shall set the sheep on his right, but the goats on his left." ~ Matthew 25:32-33

The terms were first used in occultism with Madame Blavatsky's book "Isis Unveiled" in 1877 where she first introduced the terms. Aleister Crowley did a lot to further the term in occult circles where the first ideologies for the grew and morphed and changed. Anton Levey also emphasized the term with his from of Satanism starting in the 1960's. He wrote in the Satanic Bible that, "Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left-Hand Path."

There is a lot of controversy and debate to be had over the ideologies. But then, what dichotomy doesn't have that?

Wikipedia Link - RHP/LHP

CdT

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Kaboose

AfterInfinity

I feel that no Christian has the right to chastise or judge another for partaking in such practices. Personally, I find the guy pretending to drink the blood of a dead man for eternal life just as obscene as the guy sacrificing a goat to Satan for wealth and power. Same damn thing in my book.

edit on 23-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I feel you have no right to chastise Christians who are trying to tell you the truth especially when you have no clue what you are even talking about when it comes to Christianity.

Jesus Christ is and was God in the flesh and God the Fathers son. The wine and bread represent his willing blood and body sacrifice for us so we can have eternal life and forgiveness from all sins for all time, we do that in remembrance of him and what he did.
We are not murdering animals and people, and we are not drinking real blood and doing perverse things to please fallen angels and demonic spirits like Pagans do. With White and Black magic you are playing with powerful fallen entities, which can and will take you into destruction with them in the end.

Thank you for playing in the devil's playground, and do come again.

CdT
edit on 24-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: edited thought

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

WiseThinker
Ok my question in all this is,

Who said the LHP is evil
And that the RHP is good ?

In ancient summer the " main " deity was Inanna who was linked with Venus (the morning star)
Ancient Babylon Ishtar - Venus
Ancient Egypt Isis - Venus

This is where I lost the link,

My theory is that masculine religions overthrew the feminine religions.

In Greek mythology Zues overthrows Gia

and the comes Christianity, Now who is linked with Venus in christianity ? Satan.

The conclusion I have come to is that its the Devine Feminine vs the Devine Masculine and not evil vs good.

Also, be careful, Satanism as a philosophy and does not have to include demon worship. Its more a guide on how to live on this Physical earth,

Luciferianism is much more spiritual and DOES include demon worship. This is the one you are talking about throughout your thread.

In the beginning 'gods' were the pole stars which are seen to be moving due to precession.

All this good/evil nonsense is due to corruption of understanding of 53000 years (2 cycles of precession) of pre-dynastic egyptian astronomy.

The outgoing polar star (god) was seen to be defeated by the incoming new pole star (new god). And just like in politics the other guy is always marginalized (called evil).

This basic confusion based on astronomy/astrology was patient zero in the memetic virus infection of early man...which started religion.

KPB

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Turns out both of them lie in some weird way. The one that always lie will tell the truth, while the one who tells the truth, will tell a lie.

For me, im going the way I came, or just go into the middle where the rough terrain is, to see which way.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

That's a disappointing affirmation. Humans are clearly far too deserving to accept their animal roots. They are clearly far too intelligent to indulge in the patterns of this material world. They must ascend and embrace that which is good enough for them, that which they can imagine in their naivety and exalt in their immaturity.

Such tripe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join