It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and India talk direct oil supplies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Russia and India have agreed to consider direct overland supplies of Russian oil to the South Asian republic. Plans for more atomic energy blocs and joint participation in the GLONASS navigation system have also come as a result of a Moscow summit.

Russia and India talk direct oil supplies

Only thing which does not say here is on what currency the oil trade will be done, definitely not in Dollars ..
Its interesting that in recent months that Asian Nations seems to be removing itself of the Dollar..

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

India and Russia are both part of BRICS.

BRICS Nations Plan New Bank to Bypass World Bank, IMF

See my comments in this thread for more info on the death of the US Dollar: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
People need to watch india, they have the resources needed to be a force on the world stage, economically and militarily.

What they seemed to lack was the driving motivation to be that, however times are changing.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wonder how this will effect the Indian/ Pakistan relations and how the US will respond?

I believe that this is another tactical move by Putin to make sure India and Pakistan stay way apart, this is best for the Russians and maybe not so good for the US.

Just my personal opinion and please do correct/ suggest otherwise.
I am all ears.
Regards, iwinder
edit on 21-10-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Iwinder
I wonder how this will effect the Indian/ Pakistan relations and how the US will respond?

I believe that this is another tactical move by Putin to make sure India and Pakistan stay way apart, this is best for the Russians and maybe not so good for the US.

Just my personal opinion and please do correct/ suggest otherwise.
I am all ears.
Regards, iwinder
edit on 21-10-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

China and Russia use Pakistan and India as power plays against each other. China and Russia are heavly competing against each other in shared parts of the world the West has little interest in. The US interest in Pakistan pretty much ends when US forces pull out of Afganistan.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Good points, but I do wonder about Pakistan and their nukes, and the ability of Russia to provide unlimited Oil and gas reserves to any buyer whom is interested.

Star for your kind and thoughtful reply.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Not now that Obama has given them over a billion in Aide money, most is going to a Dam building project in Kashmir along with China also planning a massive tunnel from Pakistan to China in Kashmir. I bet China pressured Obama into giving up the Aide money to PAK.India I do not think is going to sit by and let this happen. Especially now that Russia has India's back when it comes to either country. Russia despises China more than most in the West does.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

The BRIC nations are India, Russia, China, Brazil and South Africa. They just thumbed their collective nose at the IMF and World Bank.

ST. PETERSBURG, September 6 BRICS Agree Development Bank Funding

A currency reserve fund for the association of five emerging economies known as BRICS will be raised from the member countries’ central bank reserves while capital for the group’s development bank will come from national budgets, Russian Deputy Finance Minister Sergei Storchak said Friday.

...the leaders of Brazil, Russia, China, India and South Africa agreed to establish the bloc’s development fund with a capital of $50 billion and a reserve fund of $100 billion. The reserve fund is being established "in order to promptly react to the situation on currency markets,"

... It is designed to cushion short-term liquidity pressure and promote financial stability, Yi Gang, deputy head of the People's Bank of China, said earlier, Xinhua reported.

The member states agreed in March that China will contribute $41 billion, South Africa $5 billion and the others $18 billion each.

The decision to form their own development bank came on the Heels of the Cyprus Haircut

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by MrSpad

Not now that Obama has given them over a billion in Aide money, most is going to a Dam building project in Kashmir along with China also planning a massive tunnel from Pakistan to China in Kashmir. I bet China pressured Obama into giving up the Aide money to PAK.India I do not think is going to sit by and let this happen. Especially now that Russia has India's back when it comes to either country. Russia despises China more than most in the West does.

The US support for Pakistan is only because if the US pulled it away and Pakinstan collapsed who knows where those nukes would end up. I do not think Russia depises China but, they do fear them. Russia already has more powerful US backed Europe on one border and now a growing China on the other. Russia can not compete with EU/NATO as the suck up more and more countries but, they can compete with China over the rest.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Overland??? Anybody looked at a map this century?

I mean come on, the choices are Afghanistan/Northern Kashmir or China.
edit on 21-10-2013 by 11andrew34 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
As soon as US leaves Afghanistan, the Talibian will be back within 6 months with the help of Pakistan. Then soon US will find itself back to clean the mess again. Better if US leaves only 5K troops for decades to come. This will stop spending 100s of billions later on.

India is energy hungry. Indian population is the youngest among the major nations so beyond 2020, growth rates as a result of young demographics will further rise in India. However, I think India is more defensive and self centered country which does not like to muddle into affairs of others. India is ofcourse scared of China and so is Russia.

Until and unless new inventions take place, both oil and water will become more valuable resources globally.

new topics

top topics

join