It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase your chances to dream? I think I stumbled upon a way.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Try eating cheese before bed:

Cheese unlocks your wildest dreams says study

I can attest that cheddar cheese gives me more vivid, lucid dreams. Swiss cheese makes my dreams funky and confusing.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

Moldavite is my favorite stone.
it's been so over mined, there's less and less of it left.
It can be raw, polished, or cut into gemstones.
You need bigger pieces to do gemstones, and big pieces are fewer and fewer.
Since it can only be found in the Czech Republic, they e gotten very territorial about it now.
You used to be able to walk thru fields and just pick pieces up, but now they're all restricted areas accessible to only the locals.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
montmorency cherry juice

drink this stuff before bed it helps the body make Melatonin which you would remember from the thread you referenced about the pineal gland regulates the human sleep cycle.

I dream daily and for me lucid dreams are what I aim for these days.

To help with that try the wake induced lucid dream method where you wake up 3 - 1/2 to 4 hours after you fall asleep (roughly) stay up for 20 mins (roughly) and then go straight back to sleep. have a sip of water re leave yourself in the 20 mins. when you fall asleep keep telling yourself to remember that you will be dreaming very soon so to pay attention when you do.

Dreaming and controlling dreams are the best interactive video games I have ever played

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Ok here goes.. the dream state is actually an out of body experience or oobe / obe for short. We all do it though remembering is at times difficult.

Dr Bruce Goldberg has alot of useful information as does Rich2150x on you tube.

Make sure you access the higher dimensions by having thoughts of pure joy before bed. Negative thoughts will put you in a lower dimension.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

It's funny that there was a study on cheese and dreams, I happen to be a fan of cheddar.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I had never heard of Cherry Juice being used to assist with dreaming, another avenue to try! I have only had a handful of lucid dreams, something that I am currently working on. Recall seems to be the hardest thing to get my arms around at the moment.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

At your suggestion I managed to find some Moldavite online. I was surprised that the prices for it were pretty steep for larger chunks indicating some rarity/demand. I am eagerly awaiting for it to arrive.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by vivid1975

I've always heard about establishing intent before going to sleep, I suppose I can throw in some thoughts of pure joy and see how that works out.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
if I eat a lot tomato based foods before bed i almost always have a really vivid nightmare

i have heard the cheese thing before and it was a cheese in the bleu cheese family they called it nightmare cheese it had a proper name that i cant remember

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I think 'intent' in the case for dreams is more of an intent to remember and recall your dreams, and not really 'intent' on happiness and joy... of course, if you associate happiness and joy with remembering and recalling your dreams, that may just work.
I use a mantra before bed to clearly establish my intent to recall dreams. And it works nine out of ten times.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 3OGRE3

Care to share this mantra?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thadeous

Blue Cheese gives me nightmares while I'm awake

I rarely eat tomato soup, I'm not afraid of nightmares, the last few I've had I have fought back or just said "No" realizing that I was in control.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If you accept that dreams are not just mental noise but actually communication from your inner-self (also called the "higher-self", this is the much less limited you that you are when you are outside of incarnation) then perhaps you will also accept that the best way to encourage dreams and dream recall is to take proactive steps towards this. In other words simply doing something specifically to enhance dream recall will have that effect! Your inner-self will reward your willingness to "receive" with more input.

Some mention has already been made of the use of a dream diary. This is a great example of exactly what I am talking about. By putting a pen and paper next to your bed you are signaling your respectful attention and your willingness to take seriously that which is communicated with you. By spending even just a little time now and again making sense of what you were shown and seeing how it applies to your life you are again signaling your respectful attention. Perhaps most importantly, if you actually apply that which you are taught in dream then you show the ultimate respect for not just the dream but the Inner-Self that is reaching out to you through that dream.

Simply put: the more you respect the tool of dream as a metaphorical teaching device, the more of that you will be offered.

Of course nothing alluded to here can be proven to anyone else but if you try it I am sure you will discover this to be a subjectively undeniable experience.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

plenty of good strong cheese thats what i use for my dream time

and i have very good dreams

looks like mysticmushroom beat me to it
edit on 23/10/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I have dreams every night and I recall them every morning. I drink TONS of water, which in turn makes me pee A LOT!! So I fall asleep for about 20 minutes to start and wake up to pee, once that is done I dream and sleep soundly for about 4-5 hours, then wake up to pee and sleep again for the next few hours and I have multiple dreams that I remember....Some even continue from the last dreams! I drink a lot of milk also!

I watch tv (movies) while laying down to sleep and this helps also, I dream a good bit of the time about the movies I have on while sleeping....Pretty cool!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

QuietSpeech

At your suggestion I managed to find some Moldavite online. I was surprised that the prices for it were pretty steep for larger chunks indicating some rarity/demand. I am eagerly awaiting for it to arrive.

Ooohhh, I wish you had spoken to me first.
I could have given you reputable sellers.
There's counterfeit stuff on line.
Yes, since it's supply is dwindling, prices have gone up.
Can you show me the site you got it from?
I can tell if it's legit..... Usually.
I've gotten stuff in hand that's been glass. I've been collecting it for over 25 years.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I remember my dreams every single night--not all of them, naturally, but there isn't a night that passes where I can't recall at least one vivid dream.

So what's the secret?

I use a few different things in combination--

-Qigong/Meditation before bed--relaxes the body and mind to improve recall and the ability to remain conscious in a dream state

-Skate Liver Oil--the Vitamin K + Vitamin D decalcifies the pineal

-Amber-tinted glasses--blocks blue light, which prompts the body to believe it's in total darkness, forcing it to pump out melatonin

-Distilled Water--eliminates flouride that would otherwise accumulate in and calcify the pineal

-Some Binaural Beats might also help clear your mind and get you resonating on the proper frequency for dream-recall.

Hope that helps get you started! If you want to take it up another notch, cut out dairy, gluten, caffeine, alcohol, and GMO foods from your diet. The cleaner your body is, the further you can sink into the dreamstate.
edit on 23-10-2013 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Those are typical dream cycles. Note that in the first hours of sleep, sleep is DEEPER as compared to the last 4 hours. The REM cycles are those cycles when we sleep where we dream.

They key to remember dreams is to sleep lightly or in ways that you wake up during or after the REM cycles.

In the recent months I entirely changed my sleep cycle, I do not sleep "in one go" anymore but often only sleep 4 or 5 hours (the deep sleep phase) and then get up, work and whatever and then get the rest of the sleep (the 'missing' 3 or so hours) mostly in the afternoon.

This afternoon sleep is AMAZING since it is light (because I already had my deep sleep phase before) and it's also the most active phase with many dreams and I remember almost all of them. My dreams have never been so vivid.

Some may not be able to "split up" their sleep like this since they are bound to a life schedule where it's generally assumed that we "need to" sleep 8 hours "in one go"..then get up...new day, where our days are always separated by a long phase of sleep. But if you can, you should really try to split up your sleep in a similar way, rather than "forcefully" trying to get 7 or 8 hrs of sleep. It really has many benefits and I think it can also help tremendously with insomnia. (The key here is to get away from the idea that one "has to" sleep - by splitting your sleep you take your sleep whenever you really want/need...NOT when what your life schedule 'dictates' you)

++

Also..I just read that comment about the "orange sunglasses", interesting, I didn't know that yet. Doing some research I also came across this computer software "fl.ux" which can dim your computer based on your real sunset. I just installed it, testing right now. Interesting theory, I really did not know about how blue light can influence sleep cycles.

This is also HIGHLY interesting since I normally read in bed and I use a very white/bluish LED light to read. Normally reading an hour or so totally knocks me out and I simply cannot hold my eyes open anymore...but would be interesting to test those goggles or use a filter on the lamp...it could probably greatly help falling asleep even faster.
edit on 32013RuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago24PMWednesdayWednesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Well, sad to say I just jumped online and one of the largest retailers of online goods that starts with an "A" happened to have some smaller pieces so I purchased one. The price was comparable to some other sites I saw online but came with the promise I could get decent customer service. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zingdad

That is an interesting way to put things and makes some sense. I will see about changing up my approach to see what kind of impact this makes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join