It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joint pain 5mths after pregnancy and constant daily migraine style headaches...anyone??!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

mblahnikluver

I am going to get acupuncture in the next couple weeks and hopefully that can help some as well.

Sorry for your pain. I obviously can't understand the childbirth part but the headaches...oh yeah. I get that one.

I have a long history of sinus pressure triggered headaches that turn into something else when the pressure gets high enough. Then it's like an ice pick to the temple, lights hurt the eyes, tearing up and vomiting from the pain. It's like getting a kick in the testicles but it's behind the right eye.

All of that will creep around to the jaw, lower neck and back of my neck and settle in good and tidy for 3-5 days.

Been dealing with it since I was a kid. Maybe 35 years now.

Docs can't seem to help.

I have found that I can stop the trigger with Certizine. It's just generic allegra. It does help with the inflammation and may help you . I feel this because I've been so desperate that I've actually snorted cayenne and put hot sauce in my nose to try and get the sinuses to run and break the pressure before it triggers a worse headache. You are the only other person I know of to actually use hot pepper.

I use one generic tablet every morning and take a dose of quercetin with bromelain. It's cheap. You can get it in one capsule. The quercetin helps to keep your histamine at normal levels so you have a less severe inflammation issue. It is found in apples but you'd have to eat a heck of a lot of lot of apples. The bromelain helps with inflammation and also helps with joint pain. It's made from pineapple stems.

I went from a headache every three days to a headache every month or so. It has worked pretty well for about six months now.

I went to an acupuncturist for one of these headaches. She is very good but she had hell with me. She gave me hematomas on my neck, foot and hand. Then she literally had me bleeding (externally) from the eyebrow.

One of the hematomas formed a small lump that stayed for weeks. I think it was on gallbladder 22 (back of the neck, right side) and I used to press on it when I'd get a headache. It would reduce the pain on my right temple so I at least know she had the right spot.

She spoke with somebody who she said was a lifelong practitioner and he recommended rescue remedy and told me to drink a few drops in water every day. It's a flower extract.

I personally knew the acupuncturist. She wouldn't treat me again though. I think she was very embarrassed.

I find lavender oil on my pillow case helps me to relax those neck muscles when I'm in bed trying to get over a bad headache.

I'm sorry that you've been feeling so bad. The certezine and quercetin with bromelain may help.

Take care.

Oh yeah,
For pain....short of prescribed codeine based drugs....naproxen (generic aleve) is the only thing to even touch one of my headaches. I think it may be effective due to anti-inflammatory effects. At least, more so than for it's pain reducing abilities.

edit on 19-10-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

excellent first person account of spinal headaches.

I should have added that it would not hurt to try treating your "hangover" like
headache with lots of fluids (we tell patients 5-6 full glasses of juice/electrolytic fluids),
reclining or bed rest instead of being on feet all day, and tylenol/caffeine as needed.

Bed rest is the hardest to do but even an extra day or two of lying flat just. may . fix. you.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I just thought of this...

I get monster headaches from eating MSG or foods like commercially produced jerky, salami, and other (chemically) cured meat. Salted jerky made at home doesn't bother me but the stuff from the store gives me major headaches AND mild joint pain as if I had the flu.

I stay away from that stuff but once in a while get blindsided when I let my guard down.

Look at anything you started using immediately after you had the baby and have continued to use.
It could be a health drink, type of sliced lunch meat or even a vitamin supplement.

There might be something in your diet contributing to the headaches.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Pooche
reply to post by mblahnikluver

So sorry to hear about the hell you are obviously going through.
The Doctor left a good reply for you, it could be a CSF leak.
I'm wondering if you drink "sugar free", low calorie drinks, and how much do you drink if so?
Aspertame is a poison that gives many of these drinks their sweet taste. Like diet coke, diet pepsi, etc. Too much apertame can actually mimic the signs of MS. Aspertame breaks down into formaldehyde in the human body. I know this may sound crazy to you and other readers, but please at least investigate. Do a search for "sweet poison" and check it out. It is a real eye opener. I bet you are ready to try anything to feel better. Please try and quit drinking aspertame (also make sure it is not in the foods you are eating) for 7 to 10 days. You may find it difficult to stop, if so, you may have an addiction you were unaware of.
Others have and have seen their signs and symptoms disappear.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to eat only organic food for those 7 to 10 days. No GMO.
Finally, get your vitamin D level checked while you are getting those blood tests. Bet it's low. Take 5000 IU of vtamin D daily for those 7 to 10 days.
I wish you all the best.

Oh no I don't drink any of that stuff. I won't buy food with it even in it. I don't buy any GMO stuff. I am highly against it.

I make all my own foods

I actually got into an argument with my sister over aspartame. She tried to tell me to educate myself and stop believing what I read on the internet, then she linked me to their (aspartames) website. I just laughed and was like yea ok I bet you think McD's is good too because they say it is. lol Yea no aspartame for me and definitely no sugary drinks.

Thank you!!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
mblah, I knew you were having some pain in your hands, but I didn't know it had gotten this bad.

So, first, I hope you get it figured out and are receiving relief pronto......sending good thoughts your way.
I hope the tests help find the cause.

I know I had awful migraines....they were hormonal...and I never did find a doctor to agree.
[My body finally healed itself. With the help of some OTC Aleve.]
So, I hope you have much better luck getting through to them.

Yea my hands are bad. I drop things left and right because they hurt so much.

It was really hard for me to make bread a while back because of this. It seems to just get worse every day. I do have days where it's not so bad but others where it's just so bad I don't want to do anything but lay down.

I hope I found out something soon.

Thank you

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Thank you SOOOO much!!

I will call one on Monday and I know just the place to call.

Every time I mention the spinal headache every doctor just looks at me funny and says "oh it's a migraine, they're common after childbirth." OH how i wish it were just that. If it was then I would think that one of the 5 meds I have been given would have worked. I use to get migraines but maybe 1-2 times a YEAR and OTC stuff worked just fine as did migraine meds but none of those things work at all.

Again thank you for all your help!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

drphilxr

edit on 10/19/2013 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

If nothing is turned up spinal headache wise, you will have some more peace of mind at the least.
edit on 10/19/2013 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

Exactly! I just want to make sure it's not that so they can find out what is causing all of this because it's really not normal and I can't deal with it anymore. It's making me quite miserable.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

kosmicjack
I had one of my kids by emergency c-section which meant epidural. I also experienced spinal headaches for up to a year afterward, though the headaches decreased in frequency and intensity over that same time.

For those members who have never heard of it or experienced one - a spinal headache is pretty scary. It starts in your back/spine and quickly travels up to your head, which then feels like it might explode. it can even be blinding a bit. You feel like you might pass out and then it's gone. My first one was two days after the C-section, I thought I was stroking out.

Im literally in tears right now because that is how i feel. This is exactly what happened today and why my mom took my son for the day. I almost fell over it hit me so hard. I was in tears and just wanted to crawl into a ball on the floor.

How you approach it depends on the intensity of pain, your pain tolerance and if you are breastfeeding. I just muddled through as I'm more the all natural, holistic type and I breast fed.

I was breastfeeding but stopped producing
that was hard because I really wanted to breastfeed. That is another story but he is doing good on the formula and I do make his food. He was breastfed for about 2mths and then formula after that even though I resisted and tried but I just dried up. None of those tricks worked for me either, the fenugreek and motehrs milk tea. I did it all. It worked to an extent but it didn't help with production. I envy those who can breastfeed the entire time. I really wanted to do all natural.

[quoteI drank lots of water and tried to be conscious of my blood pressure because, just anecdotally, I noticed a correlation between the spinal headaches, my blood pressure and getting upset.
I noticed today my heart racing and it just felt like my whole body was shaking inside and then bam my head started to hurt and it was so bad I saw stars, the little silver lights you see if you hit your head on something. I saw those. Not fun.

Coincidentally, I did have joint pain as well, but it never occurred to me that it was related to the spinal headaches. I attributed it more to breast feeding and depleting my body of nutrition and hydration. While nursing I used 5000 IU of vitamin D, plant based omega 3, a prenatal multi-vitamin and drank lots of water to combat it. After my child weened, I upped the vitamin D, switched to fish-based omegas, kept the prenatal vitamin and added New Chapter Ginger Force, which ginger is good for inflammation. You can also use Turmeric. New Chapter has something called Zyflamend which has both ginger and Turmeric.

I'll keep you my prayers but I'm optimistic your headaches will subside.

Oh I will try Turmeric. I have read it has great medical uses. I do use a prenatal vitamin still. I will try the things you mentioned. I too prefer natural holistic approaches to things. I just dont do well with pharmaceuticals. I have more problems from the pills than they help!

Yea I have been reading up on spinal headaches and in a few groups on line found out that the joint pain can be a big part of the spinal headache. Right now as I type this I'm starting to see stars because it's coming back. It's like something is stabbing my eyes from the inside.

Thank you for your suggestions on the natural approach. I will check these out at the health food store on Monday. I believe they are closed on Sundays.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

dollukka

If ou can´t find help over exercises then you might check your thyroid, it could be that you are having hypothyroidism. Its quite common after child birth
hypothyroidism symptoms

I do know for a fact my doctor had my thyroid checked. I will get those results this week sometime.

I will try the exercises you mentioned! Thank you. If it helps relieve it even for an hour or so it is better than nothing. I mean I did stick cayenne pepper and water up my nose to help and oddly enough it did help the headache but I sneezed and had a burning nose after. lol

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

soulwaxer

In one of your posts, you wrote that immitrex injections help somewhat, but other headache meds don't. Immitrex is used by cluster headache sufferers (I used to be one). Maybe you've read up on that, but just in case, a few questions:
- Is the pain on one side of the head?
- Is it a piercing pain, behind the eye, and towards the ear?
- Does one eyelid (on the side of the headache) droop down a little, and does that eye tear up?
- Do the headaches come at regular times during the day?

If you answer yes to 2 or more of these questions, I can help you. There is a secret weapon...

soulwaxer

It's on both sides of my head, around the top and back.

The pain is piercing behind my eye like it's being stabbed. It feels like i have a perma brain freeze. My ear kind of hurts if that matters.

I do have one eye that has always seemed to "droop" moreso than the other. I hate it. Most people don't notice it but I wear glasses. Without them I think it's noticeable.

I have a constant headache all day until I lay down and then it's relieved.

What's the secret weapon?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Taissa

My sister HAD THIS same thing. Exact way you describe. She was very afraid and called me a lot about it. She went to a doctor and they did run tests and could not find anything that would cause this. The only thing on her blood work was low hemoglobin. The doctor told her it was not low enough to cause pains. I talked her into going to a Naturopathic MD and they ran more in depth tests and found out she was depleted in magnesium. This dr told her that some people who are even a bit low on iron will have pains in the joints and muscles! He put her on magnesium and iron and she felt better within the week and continued to improve until she felt fine again.

So my advice to you is, do not worry, go see the dr, ask for blood work, you should ask if they will check for low magnesium. Some dr's do not want to do that, but insist.

My sister's pregnancy depleted her of minerals. Good luck to you! Try to not worry.

OH that is a good one. I'll mention it to my doctor on Monday. I had blood work done this week. She had a ton of things checked off on the list. I dont know what half of it was for. I will see if I can get a list of what she had checked and then ask if they can check my magnesium.

yea these are pains and problems I NEVER had in my life before being pregnant.

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
oh i just happened to remember also, when you get pregnant it changes the tilt of your spine. when your milk comes in, it changes the tilt of the spine. and when it stops coming in, it changes it again. i had problems in the middle of my back from that. went to a chiropractor several times, but only thing that fixed it was time. it took 9months of pregnancy and 3 months of breast feeding to get in that condition, and a year of recovery after that. now consider, if there is any damage to nerve tissue in the spine, the out of alignment issue, may cause the spine to press against the damaged area in some way. that just now occured to me.

trying to remember off the top of my head, what the neuro-transmitter minerals are in most nerves, and i'm pretty sure they are potassium and magnesium. for magnesium to help damaged nerves, it would suggest the issue is that some nerves are no longer sending their signals due to low magnesium. it's possible it may cause pain as that would be like the dying nerves in diabetic neuropathy (thus why the symptoms are similar). but if the spine is pressing against an injured area, it may result in the pain as well.

edit on 20-10-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
hrm, i'm not finding any verification for potassium-magnesium, related to nerve transmission, only potassium, calcium and salt. and they aren't neurotransmitters but minerals that play some part in passing the electrical signal down the nerve and across the synaptic cleft between one neuron and the next. according to the article i linked below, magnesium plays a role in inhibiting some signals. the release of a chemical called acetylcholine, is supposedly linked to pain at injury sites and magnesium may inhibit it. read the article, it's pretty interesting

here's an interesting article on magnesium as it relates to fibromyalgia
web.mit.edu...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

mblahnikluver

soulwaxer

In one of your posts, you wrote that immitrex injections help somewhat, but other headache meds don't. Immitrex is used by cluster headache sufferers (I used to be one). Maybe you've read up on that, but just in case, a few questions:
- Is the pain on one side of the head?
- Is it a piercing pain, behind the eye, and towards the ear?
- Does one eyelid (on the side of the headache) droop down a little, and does that eye tear up?
- Do the headaches come at regular times during the day?

If you answer yes to 2 or more of these questions, I can help you. There is a secret weapon...

soulwaxer

It's on both sides of my head, around the top and back.

The pain is piercing behind my eye like it's being stabbed. It feels like i have a perma brain freeze. My ear kind of hurts if that matters.

I do have one eye that has always seemed to "droop" moreso than the other. I hate it. Most people don't notice it but I wear glasses. Without them I think it's noticeable.

I have a constant headache all day until I lay down and then it's relieved.

What's the secret weapon?

It's not cluster headache. CH only presents on one side of the head. It typically comes on very quickly, as an attack, and lasts around 45 minutes to 90 minutes. The droopy eyelid is only there during an attack. The attacks usually comes at the same time every day, sometimes several times per day. They come in cycles of about 4 to 12 weeks (hence the name cluster headache). The cycles usually start at the onset of spring and fall, although some people have it chronically. It is known as the worst possible pain in medicine, more painful than giving birth according to mothers with CH (imagine giving birth every day, or several times a day). Not even morphine effects the pain.

There are several pharmaceutical drugs that can break off an attack within 10 minutes, but they all have bad side-effects, and they don't stop the cycle. There is no cure according to medical professionals. "Just learn to live with it."...

So I went online and did my own research. It turned out that someone with CH discovered that when he took hallucinogenic substances, while in a cycle, the cycle ended within a few days. That's the secret weapon. So an online community of people experimenting with this treatment started growing, and 80 percent of them were having amazing success. Then they found out that very tiny amounts (sub-hallucinogenic) were sufficient to break a cycle. The most effective hallucinogenics are 'magic mushrooms' and '___'. Before '___' became illegal, it was being used very effectively for many neurological problems, including depression and anxiety. It is believed that it balances out the neurotransmitters. Your brain basically gets a reset.

The first time I tried it was in the middle of a cycle, and 2 days later, my cycle ended completely, and didn't come back for 3 years. This was after 7 years of 2 cycles of 12 weeks per year. When it came back, I knew immediately what to do, and again, it worked like magic.

Now, I'm not a proponent of recreational drug use. But consider this: if you had a debilitating condition that could be treated with an illegal substance, would you use it? Many doctors now know about this treatment but are unable to advise their patients on it. But when the patient finds out about it on his own, the doctor will often say "Do what you have to do." This is my own experience.

These substances are not for everyone, but there are a lot of myths about "bad trips" and "your brain getting fried". And remember, CH-sufferers only need a tiny dose, so there are basically no side-effects. The problem here is that they are left to their own to figure out the right dose. There have been several pharmaceutical studies done in recent years, and it looks like they will be regulating these substances in the future, just like they have done with medical marijuana.

Since it is clear that you don't have CH, I am only explaining this because you asked. And most importantly, to encourage you to do your own research and don't take a doctor's word for it (which you have clearly already discovered yourself).

Doctors were unable to help me, I had to help myself. I hope you will agree that this is very much in the spirit of ATS, i.e. denying ignorance.

I hope my own story gives you hope in finding your own solution, and I wish you the courage and endurance to get through this so you can enjoy being a mother to your child.

Take care and good luck!

soulwaxer

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

My first thought was the epidural as well. I had them myself and yes, experienced headaches for awhile, I couldn't tell you how long though, as there were extraneous circumstances after my last son was born. They do fade though. I know it doesn't help, but they do.

As for your joints, I still have hip issues from labor as well, your bones and joints soften so much with natural hormones that I think that sometimes things may not solidify properly, or heal right away.
I hope you are feeling better soon, take it easy and find a comfy cuddle place to rest with your little one. A woman's body changes so much and in so many different ways with each pregnancy that you can't expect it to function like it did before (at least it's been my own experience). Take good care of yourself and since your doctor doesn't have reason to worry, I wouldn't either. The human body will eventually adapt and compensate.

If you feel like your doctor just isn't paying attention, go get a second opinion about the epidural site. Sometimes they just refuse to be wrong or don't want to accept responsibility, and you know your body best.

Oh and I will warn you now, these little ones of ours have ways of aging us that we couldn't even imagine until it happens.

I hope you start feeling better and wish you the best of luck, migraines are no fun.

I just skimmed the rest of the thread, and interestingly I was also put on vitamin D and iron. I also see a chiropractor a couple of times a year for my top vertebra being ' stuck'. It causes very similar headaches and the problem is relieved until I manage to get it stuck again. I can usually stretch and work it loose now that I know what the problem was. Maybe a good massage and adjustment might make you feel better anyway.
edit on 20-10-2013 by woodsmom because: Added info

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

badgerprints
I just thought of this...

I get monster headaches from eating MSG or foods like commercially produced jerky, salami, and other (chemically) cured meat. Salted jerky made at home doesn't bother me but the stuff from the store gives me major headaches AND mild joint pain as if I had the flu.

I stay away from that stuff but once in a while get blindsided when I let my guard down.

Look at anything you started using immediately after you had the baby and have continued to use.
It could be a health drink, type of sliced lunch meat or even a vitamin supplement.

There might be something in your diet contributing to the headaches.

Just a thought.

It's definitely not anything I'm eating. My diet hasn't changed.

I don't eat processed foods. They actually make me sick and do not taste like food.

I make anything that can be made from scratch even snack crackers. It can be more expensive at times but it's so much healthier and it doesn't make me feel like crap. I stopped eating processed type foods yrs ago. I have cut out all but a few. I just can't give up my Milano cookies. I have them maybe once a month and then there are my Reese Cups. Never!! I have made them but there is nothing like the original but I don't eat them every day. I've had a bag of the small ones in my freezer for 3 mths. I eat one here or there, it is enough to satisfy my cravings.

I have noticed as the day goes on my headache gets worse.

It has to do something with my back or neck or the epidural. I have NEVER had pain like this before in my life. I had a lot of issues while pregnant with my back and wonder if they could have caused more problems.

I am still waiting for a response from my doctor with my test results. I'm getting slightly annoyed because I'm in pain and very uncomfortable. I don't take the pills because they don't work and honestly I wish they'd stop throwing pain pills at me and find the source of it all.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

undo
hrm, i'm not finding any verification for potassium-magnesium, related to nerve transmission, only potassium, calcium and salt. and they aren't neurotransmitters but minerals that play some part in passing the electrical signal down the nerve and across the synaptic cleft between one neuron and the next. according to the article i linked below, magnesium plays a role in inhibiting some signals. the release of a chemical called acetylcholine, is supposedly linked to pain at injury sites and magnesium may inhibit it. read the article, it's pretty interesting

here's an interesting article on magnesium as it relates to fibromyalgia
web.mit.edu...

Interesting. My twin is being tested for fibromyalgia and she has some of the same problems I do but she hasn't had a kid in years. Weird if you ask me.

I know my doctor did a lot of tests but I"m not sure what all of them were. I have left a message for her to call me so I can ask about the magnesium test that was mentioned earlier. I did also mention fibromyalgia to her at the office visit and how my sister was being tested.

Yesterday I was in so much pain I couldn't even walk. I layed on the couch most of the day and only got up to feed my son or check on him. He even slept with me on the floor for a bit. I just want to have my old self back. I do not like feeling like this. I have always been known for the amount of energy I have and I literally feel like I'm running on fumes.

Thanks again Undo!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

Thank you and I agree 100% that many of these substances help legal or not. I knew a girl with CH and she would hide in her room for days and she too tried a substance I can't mention and it worked but it was very similar to what you mentioned.

I can't discuss the one that works for me but it does 100% however I can't do it now with a child. I know for a fact my pain would be gone if i could. I hope one day for it to be at least medically legal in my state. I was desperate years ago with cramps that made me so sick I'd end up in the ER and I tried this and what a relief. I could function and work. It was a miracle remedy for me when it came to pain meds.

I have a very low tolerance to prescription type meds. I get a lot of the side effects and 9/10 times they make me sick so it really doesn't help me all that much. I have 5 pain meds right now that were given to me and NONE do anything but make me feel even worse.

I mean think about it. Before there was big pharma there was ancient medicine and many of these substances were used and worked great. I really believe there are many natural cures out there for pain and other ailments but of course they take money from those big pharma companies so they are deemed bad and made illegal. Sad because so many people would benefit from them otherwise.

Thanks again!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

woodsmom

My first thought was the epidural as well. I had them myself and yes, experienced headaches for awhile, I couldn't tell you how long though, as there were extraneous circumstances after my last son was born. They do fade though. I know it doesn't help, but they do.

As for your joints, I still have hip issues from labor as well, your bones and joints soften so much with natural hormones that I think that sometimes things may not solidify properly, or heal right away.
I hope you are feeling better soon, take it easy and find a comfy cuddle place to rest with your little one. A woman's body changes so much and in so many different ways with each pregnancy that you can't expect it to function like it did before (at least it's been my own experience). Take good care of yourself and since your doctor doesn't have reason to worry, I wouldn't either. The human body will eventually adapt and compensate.

My little one and I cuddle on the couch or floor when I have a bad headache or can't move. I like those moments but wish I could move around.

My doctor was too quick to just give me pain meds. She is running tests and had my neck/back x rayed but i"m still waiting on results. I just know my body and it just doesn't feel right. I should be able to walk at least and not feel like i ran a marathon literally. That is how i feel, like i ran 20miles the day before only I feel like it every day. My hands not working though really freak me out. I've broken quite a few things in my kitchen already because they just seem to give out. I'll be holding something in my hand and then I just drop it. It really frustrates me.

If you feel like your doctor just isn't paying attention, go get a second opinion about the epidural site. Sometimes they just refuse to be wrong or don't want to accept responsibility, and you know your body best.

Once I get my test results and see what she says I'll go from there but I still want to make 100% sure I don't have a puncture. I had problems from the moment they gave me that epidural and every time they just dismissed it but like you said I KNOW my body. I shouldn't have felt it and I could feel where the needle was and since they had to do it differently it makes me wonder.

[quoteI hope you start feeling better and wish you the best of luck, migraines are no fun.
THank you
No they are not. I am not a fun person to be around esp when it hits hard. I just want to go lay down and not do anything. My mom is good about taking my son when I need to rest.

I just skimmed the rest of the thread, and interestingly I was also put on vitamin D and iron. I also see a chiropractor a couple of times a year for my top vertebra being ' stuck'. It causes very similar headaches and the problem is relieved until I manage to get it stuck again. I can usually stretch and work it loose now that I know what the problem was. Maybe a good massage and adjustment might make you feel better anyway.
edit on 20-10-2013 by woodsmom because: Added info

Yea I think she had my iron levels checked. I do know they checked them during my pregnancy and they were always fine but not so sure afterwards.

I have an acupuncture appt when my husband gets home and he has told me to get a massage if I want one but i want to have my back checked out before i go. I have been told they can do more damage if you have nerve or back issues that are not treated.

I would actually love one of those inversion machines to hang upside down from and stretch my body on. Oh that would feel good!!

Thanks woodsmom

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I had this as well. The Dr. actually prescribed cans of Coca-cola for the headaches. Not being a Coke fan I only drank it to help, but not sure it did much good. I am not sure how long it took to get better but it seemed like forever. I have been very opposed to epidurals ever since.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join