It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interest in Obamacare Drops 88 Percent in Two Weeks ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

dollukka
What will happen to Obamacare when Obama has served his second term ? Will the next POTUS keep program alive or bury it to the deepest sinkhole they can find? If that happens would it be quite embarrassing...

When they announced that there would be a "fine" or "tax" attached to those who didn't want it or insurance at all, right there was the skinny.

Drop the fine or tax and the thing will die. Remember the fine provision was the first thing challenged.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
If the republicans ever gain control of the house and senate again they will repeal obamcare .

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

I couldn't agree more. I have healthcare under my employer and in the 7 years working here I've been to see a doctor 3 times. I compared the rates from what I get through my company to the ACA and I can honestly say, the ACA is not affordable for me. 200ish dollars a month can be better used on other things I need to pay for or at least save up for. I'm all for people getting healthcare if they want to but I don't think people should be forced to get it if they feel they don't need it.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Gee, I wonder where are all of the Obama supporters who should've been the very first ones signing up to pay increased premiums.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Because its not about background checks. They continue to put hand guns n bullet restrictions into the bills they claim is for background checks. No one trust these liars.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

AlienScience
LOL, it's been two weeks.

Give it a rest, the ACA is moving along just fine...no one thought that millions would sign up in the first 2 weeks. The demand alone, event the decreased demand in the second week is pretty outstanding.

Just like any social program...the Right Wing is going to try to downplay it...but eventually the majority of Americans are going to love it and never want it to go away. Just like Social Security, just like Medicare, and just like Unemployment.

If Obama told you to go and get your kneepads, exactly how fast would you run? Christ even the most loyal of Barack supporters are having some issues with this joke of an implementation. You sir (or ma'am, no offense) put Tokyo Rose to shame.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

AlienScience

Give it a rest, the ACA is moving along just fine...no one thought that millions would sign up in the first 2 weeks. The demand alone, event the decreased demand in the second week is pretty outstanding.

Just like any social program...the Right Wing is going to try to downplay it...but eventually the majority of Americans are going to love it and never want it to go away. Just like Social Security, just like Medicare, and just like Unemployment.

"Millions" may have signed up on the site. Only because that was the only way to find out the prices. If "millions" had actually purchased insurance Obumbles and Hatchetface Sebelius would have been crowing all over the MSM about the massive number of enrollees.

BTW, it must be nice to be getting a paycheck again.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

xuenchen
Interest in Obamacare Drops 88 Percent in Two Weeks

Gee, i can't imagine why....

so much for Harry Reid's idiotic assertion that "it's working, and people are gonna love it even more than they do now"

it's a turd with sprinkles.....i think people are starting to get the full flavor, and deciding it's not a dish they like...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

what's even funnier about this lady, is that alex jones tracked her down.....he brought her to the studio, put her on air, and had a really lovely conversation with her.....he showed her some facts, and she came to the realization that she'd been lied to about obama...she's not really a supporter anymore..

Alex may come off as crazy, but from time to time, he does something like this.....he felt the need to interview her, and see if she was representative of the negative stereotype, or not....turns out she really wasn't she was just misinformed...

during the interview, we learned about this lady, and found that she's actually pretty cool...he put a human face on a soundbite that everyone had just been making fun of..
edit on 18-10-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

onequestion
I just dont understand why people are against gun registration and health insurance but they dont vigorously follow that same argument with car insurance and registration.

Can someone explain this to me?

(apologies if this has already been addressed, i'm replying as i read)

The difference is that auto insurance is a state thing, whereas the ACA is a federal mandate...the federal government has no constitutional authority to require you to buy a product, and fine you if you don't buy it....it is outside the scope of the authority afforded to the federal government by the law....for whatever reason, the supreme court decided to be complete assholes, and use some tricky lawyer BS magic, and declare it legal, due to technicality....in other words, they loopholed it into legality...

the thing with auto insurance is that it's kind of a common sense thing...it protects you if anything should happen to your car, or you, while in your car....it is a protective measure...there used to be a time where it wasn't necessary, but now, due to circumstances, it is...

"health insurance" is a scam...it's HMO's acting as middlemen, where none are necessary....HMO's are the reason medical services are so bloody expensive in this country....you can still receive medical services, without being in an HMO..this proves that they are completely unnecessary...

the individual mandate is a handout to the insurance companies, that we are being forced to supply...this is the biggest problem with it.....

as to gun registration (since you brought it up).....what's the point? registration just makes it easier for them to come confiscate them later on....now they know where you live, and exactly what you have....
edit on 18-10-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

AlienScience

oh yeah, because people LOVE being FORCED to buy something they don't need, and can't afford, under the threat of annually increasing fines....

does it rain chocolate milk in your version of reality?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Sadly those scrambling to get into the Obamacrap bandwagon are within the poor and needy that is not the group that Obama needs in the program right now, even when they were promised "Free healthcare", Obamacrap is fishing for the healthy and young to fill the pot for the insurance company that later will have to balance the lost from offering medical care to the pre existing conditions groups.

I see a bigger drop on Obama comes January when the poor and needy realize that Obamacrap will no want them and starts pushing them into the Medicaid expansion.

Still already the group that thought they will finally be able to afford healthcare are also finding out that is still too expensive for their working class budgets and getting angry that they will be penalized, even with the subsidies, if they qualify for them.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

If you have car insurance, you have medical as part of your coverage that has no co-pay nor deductible for that medical care...Let that sink in for a minute.

The medical rider on your car insurance is a better, cheaper provider of catastrophic care (provided you are in a car accident) than every Obamacare policy.

Same thing if you are injured while working with Worker's Compensation Insurance.

If you don't have a job, you probably meet the income requirements for Medicaid or Medicare (depending) and if not, a hospital could not turn you down for emergency care anyway despite your ability to pay.

So the target of this law was provide a medical insurance policy to the working poor whose employers did not offer comprehensive medical. My employer only offers supplemental insurance. So I am a target of this law, especially since I am healthy and purchase but use resources. But living in Ohio which did not expand Medicaid. I have to pay the full premium and the full deductible before this mandatory policy kicks in. And what is this magic number? Why it is almost exactly what I would make in a year after taxes. So if I had cancer and wanted treatment, I could sign up and spend every single dime I make in a year. Nothing for food. Nothing for shelter. Nothing in gas to retain that job. And it would pay for all the remaining treatments for that year (1 maybe?). Then the next year starts and it is fresh deductible.

Well the obvious solution is simple. Get a better job. I think I may have noticed one, pays really well and has some outstanding perks. Just have to think about it....

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Ahabstar

If you have car insurance, you have medical as part of your coverage that has no co-pay nor deductible for that medical care...Let that sink in for a minute.

The medical rider on your car insurance is a better, cheaper provider of catastrophic care (provided you are in a car accident) than every Obamacare policy.

Same thing if you are injured while working with Worker's Compensation Insurance.

If you don't have a job, you probably meet the income requirements for Medicaid or Medicare (depending) and if not, a hospital could not turn you down for emergency care anyway despite your ability to pay.

So the target of this law was provide a medical insurance policy to the working poor whose employers did not offer comprehensive medical. My employer only offers supplemental insurance. So I am a target of this law, especially since I am healthy and purchase but use resources. But living in Ohio which did not expand Medicaid. I have to pay the full premium and the full deductible before this mandatory policy kicks in. And what is this magic number? Why it is almost exactly what I would make in a year after taxes. So if I had cancer and wanted treatment, I could sign up and spend every single dime I make in a year. Nothing for food. Nothing for shelter. Nothing in gas to retain that job. And it would pay for all the remaining treatments for that year (1 maybe?). Then the next year starts and it is fresh deductible.

Well the obvious solution is simple. Get a better job. I think I may have noticed one, pays really well and has some outstanding perks. Just have to think about it....

i fail to see your point. and i think you fail to see the bigger picture...HMO's are an unnecessary scam. we don't need them, they don't need to exist. if they went away, things would be cheaper, and better.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
But this is why they lowered the cap on FSA's to 2500. This was there is less taxable income and people are more likely to simply opt for an HMO/PPO.

They had a goal of 500k per month to sign up. Right now, conflicting reports state it is between 40-60k that have signed up. This is sad and shows it was never needed to be honest.

Alaska - No one has enrolled

Delaware - 1 person so far..Link

Vermont - 712 people have enrolled Link 9million in taxpayer money so that is @13k per enrollee that was spent. This is worse than money spent per job created.

Kentucky - Where 1 in 6 are not enrolled in anything currently only 7,000 have enrolled. That is a 1% enrollment of those not covered....

It is a tax package, has always been a tax package and the fact it was passed without review shows that the current elected officials need to be removed.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There are plenty of people very interested in getting rid of Obamacare...after all, it's not universal healthcare, it's really just another tax.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The point is that it wasn't needed and only hurts those it was supposed to help by pricing medical care out of their reach.

Buying one of these policies means I cannot eat nor have electricity as the premiums equal those budgets. And if I should buy a policy, I cannot pay the rent nor drive to work as the deductible equals those budgets.

So, in order to follow the law and have the policy pay for medical care. All income would go towards just that...meaning that I should qualify for medicaid instead. It is a Catch 22.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm floored that people are surprised that it's so expensive with high deductibles to boot. What did they think would happen when all policies have to accept pre-existing conditions and cover kids till age 26. Not to mention birth control, mental health, etc etc etc. There are no bare-bones policies available anymore, so the insurance companies will be paying more to doctors and hospitalS. Why wouldn't they increase premiums and deductibles and pass the cost along to us?

The ACA is a slow motion train wreck that will be a drain on the middle classes' ability to drive the economy. You think it was sluggish before, just wait.
edit on 10/18/2013 by yadboy because: spelling, or lack thereof...

edit on 10/18/2013 by yadboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think the only reason that many people went to the website in the first place, was probably a lot of republicans and tea partiers to prove that it was a rip off and that it doesn't work and the rest were dumbocrats hoping to get a better deal than what they had but found out that this is really bad and changed their mind about signing up as more time goes by it will continue to spiral downward, this is why a couple years back when republicans were playing around with the idea of government healthcare they decided to abandon the idea because they actually hired analysts to get the numbers on this and found out it was reckless and irresponsible, which is why they abandoned the idea, they also knew that democrats would pick up on the idea and try to implement it without hiring analysts to tell them it was reckless and irresponsible, without finding out it was a real bad thing, and the republicans let them run with the idea because the republicans knew that citizens were against it and that it would crash, but the end result is exactly what republicans want which is to turn voters adamantly away from the democrats so that no one will ever wasn't to see anther democrat in office ever again, this was the way republicans could easily get democrats to shoot themselves in the head, and its working, the 2014 midterm elections are going to be so fatal for the democrats that none of their policies will ever make it through congress ever again, from here on out republicans will forever be able to say remember what the democrats did to this country when Obama was in office, then throw Hillary's name in there as well , people will cringe and vote republican forever. No democrat will ever sit behind the resolute desk ever again.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

While I can agree with much of what you're saying, I don't think I have the lung capacity to read it aloud.

You have a problem with periods?

edit on 10/18/2013 by yadboy because: stuff

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join