It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- US Senate negotiators 'very close' to announcing a deal on debt: Report

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

camaro68ss

IrishCream
Boehner paraphrase: BREAKING "We will not deal until the Government hears the American people."?!?!?!?!?!?!

WTF is going on?!?!

He doesn't have the votes?!

Or.......

where did you hear that and when?

MSNBC about 4:45-ish.

Edit: It may have been said many days ago, it wasn't a live quote... just the first time I heard it and no one is talking about it atm.
edit on 16-10-2013 by IrishCream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

“There’s no good reason for our members to vote ‘no,’” Boehner said. “We fought the good fight, we just didn’t win,” he added.

In Truth Boehner knows he doesn't have the votes.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

“There’s no good reason for our members to vote ‘no,’” Boehner said. “We fought the good fight, we just didn’t win,” he added.

In Truth Boehner knows he doesn't have the votes.

Im thinking it too! we will see tonight!

Hold the line BOYS! (girls too)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I am surprised though why are they always voting at night? just like last year and the one in April.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
For anyone interested hear is a copy of the deal.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I would like to know how the House votes. News here just reported that even if the majority of Republican vote is no it would go through...???

So much for our system.

This is just nauseating.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If the full 35 page deal is out there, and we all know what's the point of congress hanging out and voting at 11 pm?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Dianec
If the full 35 page deal is out there, and we all know what's the point of congress hanging out and voting at 11 pm?

That is a very very good question.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
October, historically, has been the month of revolution

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Dianec

It makes for good drama?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Live feed from the floor

I am hearing a lot of no's on this procedural vote from the usual suspects...

Cruz, Rubio, Paul all no's.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Darkphoenix77

Dianec

It makes for good drama?

Yeah that is the only reason I can think of too. It's such a game. They really like the attention that's for sure. Sucking up the energy people have put into them today - must be some kind of high in that.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hmm, looks like McConnell was bought out for his vote?

Senate Conservatives

Americans are familiar with the "Cornhusker Kickback" that U.S. Senator Ben Nelson (D-NE) got in exchange for his vote on Obamacare.

Well now U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has an Obamacare earmark of his own.

The McConnell-Reid bill not only funds Obamacare and suspends the debt limit, it ALSO includes a provision in Section 123 that increases the authorization for the Olmsted Lock in Kentucky from $775 million to nearly $3 billion.

It's the Kentucky Kickback.

In exchange for funding Obamacare and raising the debt limit, Mitch McConnell has secured a $2 billion earmark.

This is an insult to all the Kentucky families who don't want to pay for Obamacare and don't want to shoulder any more debt.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It will pass the senate, it will probably pass the house as well.

What I am concerned about is Obama, he's already said he will not accept "short-term" deals.

83 yes - 16 no
edit on 16-10-2013 by Vortiki because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Thorneblood

Senate Conservatives

Americans are familiar with the "Cornhusker Kickback" that U.S. Senator Ben Nelson (D-NE) got in exchange for his vote on Obamacare.

Well now U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has an Obamacare earmark of his own.

The McConnell-Reid bill not only funds Obamacare and suspends the debt limit, it ALSO includes a provision in Section 123 that increases the authorization for the Olmsted Lock in Kentucky from $775 million to nearly $3 billion.

In exchange for funding Obamacare and raising the debt limit, Mitch McConnell has secured a $2 billion earmark.

This is an insult to all the Kentucky families who don't want to pay for Obamacare and don't want to shoulder any more debt.

I'm not really shocked, I lost faith in 95% of them all a long time ago....then again I am from MA so kinda used to being sold out

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

Forgot all about Obama until you mentioned it. I dont think he would have fhe guts to reject a temp lift.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Vortiki
It will pass the senate, it will probably pass the house as well.

What I am concerned about is Obama, he's already said he will not accept "short-term" deals.

83 yes - 16 no
edit on 16-10-2013 by Vortiki because: (no reason given)

Well he said he was "pleased" earlier today. I doubt he'll veto it.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ok, I do not like the fact that the pretty much have a clause to nullify the debt limit all together.

"Default Prevention

Sec. 1002. (a) Short Title. - This section may be cited as the "Default Prevention Act of 2013".

(b) Certification. - Not later than 3 days after the date of this Act, the President may submit to Congress a written certification that absent a suspension of the limit under section 3101(b) of title 31, United States Code, the Secretary of the Treasury would be unable to issue debt to meet existing commitments.

(c) Suspension.-

(1) In general. - Section 3101(b) of title 31, United States Code, shall not apply for the period beginning on the date on which the President submits to Congress a certification under subsection (b) and ending on February 7, 2014"

So, for 90 days they get cart blanche with debt... yea that is a great idea.

Just be happy I am not a Rep. I would vote no due to that clause alone.
edit on 10/16/2013 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Thorneblood

Senate Conservatives

This right there is reason to protest - This piece of paper. Noone should be buying votes. I know it has gone on for a long time but has been fairly hidden. You dont get to pay for your idea to be enacted and buy it with our Countries money to boot. Enough with allowing this. My god - how can we continue watching this. How long will the people allow it to continue? Until we have insured our kids will live under another king?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

wishful thinking I suppose.

I guess they are really going to keep throwing fuel to the fire and hope it burns itself out. So we are basically right back where we started off, except now we have the additional issues this whole debacle has produced. Great.

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join