It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham-books ,thoughts opinions please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My first thread wow! LOL
The last Month or so I've had my head in books by Georgina Bruni "You cant tell the people" & Robbins & Warren's Left at Eastgate. I know the subject of Rendlesham has been discussed many times here but would like peoples thoughts on the books above, recommendations on books I should look at reading and thoughts and opinions on this case. Feel free to jump in on this thread.

What stuck out in Bruni's book for me was the fact the area is well known for witchcraft and paranormal activity! Perhaps it's a simular part of land as is the Skinwalker Utah basin? High Strangeness must link in with Ufo activity in some shape or form.

Robbins & Warren's book- What stood out was the bickering amongst the witnesses Halt, Warren, Burroughs, Penniston etc. Why?? You would think after such an incident they would stick by each other like a little ufo group of abductees but this does not seem to be the case??

I would recommend anyone interested in the subject to read these two books. Very well investigated and written IMO.

A very important case.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by saucerprobe

What stuck out in Bruni's book for me was the fact the area is well known for witchcraft and paranormal activity!

Haven't read that book but that jumped out at me. Typical disclaimer that the devil did it.

Definitely one of the better cases, though IMO.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That is a fair assumption if one believes in Mr D

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Nick Pope along with Burroughs and Penniston is bringing out a book on the case (slated for release in 2014 I think). There is also a lot of information out there on the web hidden away from the first pages of a Google search. I'll post them up when I have dug them out.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Mirageman sounds good! Look forward to that info!

Yep I think the book is out sometime very soon.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Sorry for the delay but the time zones get in the way some times. It's almost midnight here. Oz is about 10 hours ahead of us in the UK and it's still early evening or late afternoon in North America!

Anyway Rendlesham. There's tons of stuff. Apologies if some of these links don't work but this is only the tip of the iceberg to be honest.

So here you go mate.

Websites

There are a couple of good write ups on this very site.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A good general introduction

www.therendleshamincident.co.uk...

www.therendleshamforestincident.com

www.uk-ufo.org...

Some very interesting bits and pieces here

www.hyper.net...

Ian Ridpath’s sceptical analysis

www.ianridpath.com...

My own write up is available in this document for free: i.minus.com...

There used to be an excellent website called rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

Although it has been gone a few years now the forum has been preserved. It contains some very interesting posts by first hand witnesses Larry Warren, Jim Penniston and John Burroughs as well as a few others who were on the periphery of events. Depending on how deep you want to go this will keep you going. I was even a fairly passive member of that forum in years past!

ufowaves.org...

It’s also archived in PDF form here minus.com...

Video

There is a really good Unsolved Mysteries UFO Files – Bentwaters Episode . Up until about a year a go it was easily viewed on Youtube. But now it’s difficult to find. There is a DVD set available which is well worth getting, although it’s region 1 so you will need a compatible DVD player (sooner they get rid of this stupid regional system completely the better!)

Here’s an interesting one from the 1980s and including local witnesses

CNN Special Assignment Bentwaters (CNN 1985?)

www.youtube.com...

The next one has a false beginning as Mal Scurrah the radar operator is talking about an incident that happened in Nov 1980 not December at Bentwaters!. However the rest of it is fairly good.

Strange But True (UK TV series 1990s)

Pt1: www.youtube.com...
Pt2: www.youtube.com...
Pt3: www.youtube.com...
Live Debate : www.youtube.com...

UFO Invasion at Rendlesham (Sci-Fi Channel Special about 2001??)

This is also a decent investigation and plenty of witness testimony

www.youtube.com...

UFO Files (2005) – In my opinion one of the best shorter documentaries on Rendlesham.

www.youtube.com...

Gary Heseltine Presentation on Rendlesham UFO – Adds a few bits most people will not have heard of but not recommended until you know the basic details of the case.

www.youtube.com...

Alien Mysteries (recent)

There’s a lot missing from this in my opinion but it’s one of the most up to date documentaries.
www.youtube.com...

A better one (and unusually neutral for Nat Geo!)

www.youtube.com...

Podcasts

Rendlesham Revealed (originally aired by BBC Radio Suffolk in Dec 2010) . A bit jokey but worth a listen.

www.youtube.com...

Behind the Paranormal Radio Specials – includes all the main witnesses plus our man from the MoD, Nick Pope, over a series of podcasts. Essential listening if you really get serious about investigating the case.

The rest of these are also interesting although I've forgotten a lot of the content as I haven't listened to them for a couple of years.

behindtheparanormal.com...

Jim Penniston and John Burroughs interviews
theparanormalcafe.podomatic.com...

The Colonel Charles Halt Tape Recording made at Rendlesham

Colonel Halt and John Burroughs interviews
Part 1 theparanormalcafe.podomatic.com...
Part 2 theparanormalcafe.podomatic.com...

James Penniston & Mr. John Burroughs in response to BBC Hit Piece on Bentwaters.

Mr. James Penniston. Eyewitness to Bentwaters UFO Incident.

Peter Robbins - The Rendlesham Forest / Bentwaters UFO case
Pt1. theparanormalcafe.podomatic.com...
Pt2. theparanormalcafe.podomatic.com...
Pt3. theparanormalcafe.podomatic.com...
Pt4. theparanormalcafe.podomatic.com...

John Burroughs and Peter Robbins (very detailed)

www.theparacast.com/podcasts/paracast_090621.mp3

Make your own mind up it's a really interesting case.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

mirageman

Sorry for the delay but the time zones get in the way some times. It's almost midnight here. Oz is about 10 hours ahead of us in the UK and it's still early evening or late afternoon in North America!

Anyway Rendlesham. There's tons of stuff. Apologies if some of these links don't work but this is only the tip of the iceberg to be honest.

So here you go mate.

Wow mate you certainly done some digging there very much appreciated for your efforts. I do have the unsolved mystery box set among 400 other dvd titles on the subject. I look forward to going through all the material you have provided thanks again

top topics

join