It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's NDE Provided Answers, Because He ASKED

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

"I'm not trying to be mean. I'm being brutally, painfully honest here. Your efforts to bury your insecurities are painful to watch. That's bad enough. Knowing that you will continue to ignore those fears even as they continue to operate and undermine you, knowing this will only perpetuate your woefully inadequate attempts to stomp them out. But to indoctrinate other people into living the same way? That's infuriating." Quote AfterInfinity

Children, from beneath thier blanket of invisibility, exhibit the same behaviour. Cargo cults, at least adapt in creative and humourous ways. The favoured backstop for stubbornness, is repeating the same tired old unexamined ideas, without honestly appraising thier worth against the backdrop of (for those that do it) experiences that are no less real to the individual....S.O.B. comes into play when there is nowhere else to go in the paperfold of the monster created...this is why the saviour mechanism is evoked...it fits into the logic...you gotsta have some way of getting out, this is the only way.
...and the specificity follows the sharpness and the tight folds of that origami monster...like walking through a maze blindfolded, with both feet tied...backwards...semantics really is the issue, because ideas are generally not discussed in this forum...but the words are...go figure...it's ok to quote words in Jenny 2.1.1. and not call it semantics?!
It is, no more, a riddle wrapped in an enigma and boxed in a conundrum...for those who have unwrapped the self-serving gifts from thier coverings...for the others, there is only one way out...blindfolded, both feet tied and backwards...why would one put themselves through such an ordeal?...when a 'pat' soultion that fits the logic is available?

Mellen-Thomas Benedicts' NDE (his is not a Robinson Crusoe account) is exemplified by one specific feature, of note...he asked...the presence of mind to request sings of will, not submission to an already fait accompli fed on a plate of non-semantics, based on semantics?! (twist that round your mouth 7 times!).

...'unclean spirits' is a laugh, when the cleanliness, or not emanates from the splinter of individuality that has painted themselves into a corner, by design...animals in fear, do exactly the same thing...

Å99

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Mellen-Thomas Benedicts' NDE (his is not a Robinson Crusoe account) is exemplified by one specific feature, of note...he asked...the presence of mind to request sings of will, not submission to an already fait accompli fed on a plate of non-semantics, based on semantics?! (twist that round your mouth 7 times!).

Are you saying his testimony is invalid or suspect? Why?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Wild, we're counting on you to post threads filled to bursting with your thoughts and reflections regarding what you read in those books. I will certainly be expecting an insightful response to your time spent in those pages.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Are you saying his testimony is invalid or suspect? Why?

Definitely NOT suspect or invalid, on any level...as much as posssible (and for myself, as others are privvy [i don't remember, you included? - you don't need to answer that]) I rarely tie my own experiences for comparison...

The 'asking', is important...you don't ask if you already know (unless you're doing it for effect - cut adrift on the plane that you are at the nexus, doing it for effect would be foolish)...it's an admission of sorts that you are not sure (as opposed to the rooster-sureness of our beloved Angelic?Resurrection?)...for myself, being that sure landed me in exactly the places that the sureness prescribed...

So...No, it's all valid...

Å99
edit on 17-10-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

People just assume they know the answer. A habit they learned here on Earth, while attending church...that's why no one asks. You can be sure, if I ever have the opportunity, I'll be asking a LOOOOOT of questions. I want to come back with enough stuff to write a freakin' college textbook on the "other side".
edit on 17-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

People just assume they know the answer. A habit they learned here on Earth, while attending church...that's why no one asks. You can be sure, if I ever have the opportunity, I'll be asking a LOOOOOT of questions. I want to come back with enough stuff to write a freakin' college textbook on the "other side".
edit on 17-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

'Knowing the answer', second or third hand (more, if you like) is knoeing nothing...we have the same means and mechanisms in operation across all locations of life and death...they reflect what we put before them...'asking' does nothing of the sort...opposite actually...so these accounts are significant in the scheme of accounts...'Christian goes to hell and sees Mohammed in the flames'...give me a break from this high school psychology...

We will probably find (when WT returns with the digested material) how common thier experiences all are, and given the mechanisms I have described, how the ones that follow a more dire comic hell path, also fit very neatly...using the same mechanisms...

Å99
edit on 17-10-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

No one will believe you. lol

From what I have read and listened to.. this guy doesn't say anything different from what most all people with experiences of NDE's say.

Yeah, you have accounts of hell and other weird stuff, however those are small accounts overall. Mainly the ones who experience a hell are a Christian, people who have lived a very selfish, greedy, or abuser type of life.

From what I have researched, NDE's main theme is the golden rule.

From the "other side" we see and know everything unclouded. We know all the reasons and answers of "why".

This source Mellen-Thomas relates to permeates everything and everything is an "experience" of life.

One of my all time favorite "prophets" is Edgar Cayce.

His account of the after life, the beginning of "time", the Bible, Jesus, other mythical people and so on is about as accurate to others peoples accounts of NDE's.

Edgar Cayce's his-story in and of itself is fascinating to me. I wish we could have HIM on ATS. LOL!!

I will settle for Melen-Thomas though.

edit on 17-10-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

MamaJ

Ain't that the truth, Ruth!

Å99

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

akushla99

MamaJ

Å99

Ha! I had to edit it .. and it was a long but brief edit explaining my years of researching NDE's for myself's inquiring mind.

It could be someone's brain helping them out for a period of time. Thing is... a collective experience that basically explains the same type of loving personality they encounter and speak with is astounding from my point of view. It says something to the rest of us.

There is so much to know and figure out however to know others experience NDE's that are telling the same overall story put's ancient texts at the forefront as well.

When comparing the NDE's and ancient philosophical texts one can see an overall theme there too.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

He asked "Are you God"?

He also says the source KNOWS you very intimately and all is God.

He asked, "Why create humanity when there's awful beings"? At that moment he could see no darkness in anyone as he peered into each person's soul. Pretty liberating for the ones who have lost loved ones... they know (we know) we will see each other again and the love is not lost.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

MamaJ

akushla99

MamaJ

Å99

Ha! I had to edit it .. and it was a long but brief edit explaining my years of researching NDE's for myself's inquiring mind.

It could be someone's brain helping them out for a period of time. Thing is... a collective experience that basically explains the same type of loving personality they encounter and speak with is astounding from my point of view. It says something to the rest of us.

There is so much to know and figure out however to know others experience NDE's that are telling the same overall story put's ancient texts at the forefront as well.

When comparing the NDE's and ancient philosophical texts one can see an overall theme there too.

If you are interested in ancient texts...the Tibetans describe and explain the processes of the mechanisms of 'meeting ones own thoughtforms'...Egyptian and Hindi also...but, the Tibetan Bardo Thodol treats it on a very clinical level, step by step...including the mechanisms required to dissolve said thoughtforms (that are 'real' by dent of mechanism of fear)...

Eventually, thoughtforms give way...dropping from view (or newly created ones appear - 'I called out to Christ, and the devil was no more')...

You play this game with yourself...while always comparing your game to others'...but, essentially the mechanics are the same...either way...

...but, you can reach a waypoint where the thoughtform does not exist...only the pure, white, warm light of Source that bathes you...

Å99

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Forgive me for the tone I am going to convey... It has roots in personal frustrations so don't take this personally. Take it rhetorically (not the good definition though)

Let's discuss why these experiences happen during times of near death...

Let's sit around and discuss about a place we're going to spend eternity in while in the limited physical.

Let's sit around as mass levels of micro and macro corruption run amok.

Let's sit around until SHTF.

Let's sit around in our masturbatory, group think conversations.

It always takes a big catastrophic event for people to finally get their minds around what matters... Like almost dying. You know what that speaks to me? One word... Selfish.

Narrow minded rant with a heavy degree of internal conflict manifesting externally over. (At least I am aware of this fact)
edit on 17-10-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Darkness must be God if it is infinite and brought forth all things (light).

Light is just static, activity, movement, addiction.

To be in the world but not of it is to hate it. If you like it then you are attached , if you just are "at peace" with it then that is still liking it by approving of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

An intriguing conclusion. You've read my tetragrammaton posts, haven't you? Check out Nassim Haramein on Youtube. The highest amount of gravity is found in black holes. Pure darkness.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

akushla99

...'unclean spirits' is a laugh, when the cleanliness, or not emanates from the splinter of individuality that has painted themselves into a corner, by design...animals in fear, do exactly the same thing...

Å99

A case in point proving ignorance is bliss.
An unclean spirit has taken over your faculties and you are
blissfully unaware of it

Go Figure

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

blissfully unaware of it

REAlly. And you got your license to diagnose....when? While I do appreciate you being in the thread, I wonder if you can see how judgmental you are being? That's not a "Jesus" attitude. Not in the slightest. A "Christian" one, yes. But a "Jesus-based" one? Nope.

Not.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Let's sit around and discuss about a place we're going to spend eternity in while in the limited physical.

Let's sit around as mass levels of micro and macro corruption run amok.

Let's sit around until SHTF.

Let's sit around in our masturbatory, group think conversations.

It always takes a big catastrophic event for people to finally get their minds around what matters... Like almost dying. You know what that speaks to me? One word... Selfish.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Sorry you had a hard time and are feeling conflicted. Like they say, "Life's a bitch and then you die."

I DO NOT believe in just "sitting around and talking about it." It may seem like all I do is hang out on ATS, but that's not actually the case.

So what do you think really matters?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

wildtimes

blissfully unaware of it

REAlly. And you got your license to diagnose....when? While I do appreciate you being in the thread, I wonder if you can see how judgmental you are being? That's not a "Jesus" attitude. Not in the slightest. A "Christian" one, yes. But a "Jesus-based" one? Nope.

Not.

Know ye not that, Discerning of spirits is one of the gifts of The Holy Ghost.
Praise The Lord

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

If you are interested in ancient texts...the Tibetans describe and explain the processes of the mechanisms of 'meeting ones own thoughtforms'...Egyptian and Hindi also...but, the Tibetan Bardo Thodol treats it on a very clinical level, step by step...including the mechanisms required to dissolve said thoughtforms (that are 'real' by dent of mechanism of fear)...

Indeed. Yes, the Bardo Thodol (Tibetan Book of the Dead) is quite illustrative of the universality of the experiences described in many NDEs. What you "lived" is experienced for a brief time symbolically ....and your attitudes are reflected in the 'journey' before reaching the place of "reincarnation". I found it very inspiring! The guru keeps saying, "Don't be afraid - these things can't hurt you, they are manifestations of your life experience and behaviors/thoughts." (Very general paraphrasing there - it was last year sometime that I read it through.)

It's pretty profound stuff.

:thumb up:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Discerning of spirits is one of the gifts of The Holy Ghost.

The "Holy Ghost" (which I call the Divine Spark) resides in us all - we are all connected, and we ARE "God" manifested.

So - when someone gives me the creeps, I'm aware of it. Because I'm tuned in and highly sensitive to people's "vibes".

I HAVE been deceived by charmers/psychopaths, but in general I can tell how a person "is" by conversing with them.

Guess I have that gift, then.

FWIW, I was baptized as an infant. Make of it what you will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join