It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Life changing decisions do you regret the most after looking back after the years have passed?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I Rue/Regret the day my Father demanded that I major in Science and Math when I wanted to do the trades in High School.

I Longed to be a Wood Worker but there was no way I could convince my Father that this was a good choice.

I had to follow my Dad's wish and they eventually bumped me down to the slower learners programe (4 years instead of 5)

Anyways I graduated but there were no jobs available for my type with low marks.

If I did get my wish and went into the trades, especially woodworking I could have made a killing.
Not to mention that is what I wanted and to this day I am good at it but self taught.

Please share your own here.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I regret not finishing college i should have stayed but i decided to quit and start a family i wouldn't change my family but would change not going through with school first

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The decision to currently regret your past life-changing decisions I would imagine would be the biggest regret you would have.

Don't ever look back unless you're planning to walk that way.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
i to wanted to be a wood butcher
joke joiner but look what happened to jeebus

long story i ended up a painter instead . but the biggest regret i have happened on the day of 9-11 .

i came home after being away for weeks and my g/f did not wait home she had gone to work .

we were at different places in our life i was in party land and she was miss sensible did not smoke /drink /eatmeat /watch t.v or spend money .

but that was the day i decided to ditch her and get a NEW model worst mistake of my life

i will never forger that day of 9-11 for that one reason that was one strange day people

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I regret staying with an abusive husband.
People told me to get away before this man disfigures or kills you. I was too scared to leave.
He was physically and verbally abusive. I was so stressed out, I believe it caused me to have a major stroke. Or it could be the countless times he smashed me in the head. When I had the stroke, this bastard left me on the floor for two days before calling 911. By the time I got to a hospital I had lost so much oxygen to my brain, I was left severely brain damaged, and paralysed on one side. I can't walk, will never use my arm or hand again. I can stand and trained to finally get into a shower unassisted. Then one of my shower grab bars was installed faulty bc he hired cheap labor. I told him it's coming loose, could shift and cause me to fall. He said STFU Bitch it was fine. Well sure enough it shifted out of place one day and I fell and broke my hip. The day after surgery it was mentioned to him it was the faulty bar that caused my fall, so he dumped me right there in the hospital, he left me.

Finally after more mean things he was doing and saying to me. I got up the courage to file for a divorce.

Why did I not do this before, when I had a chance at a life? Talk about regretting things.

He's super rich and is going to fight me in court and not share his assets. He tricked me with help from the royal bank to put me onto a 640G loan I have no legal way to get out of. There's another loan of 200G he tricked me into as well. My credit has been destroyed. I don't think I will get anything now and I really need it to live as a disabled person. He has done nothing but brag he's in the top 5% income in Canada. He hid his wealth from me. If I do get lots of money he will kill me.

This bastard is very manipulating and donates to hospital charities and they rave about his generosity, what a nice guy he is. He just says "" haha, I only donated to get free advertising. I'm such a wolf in sheeps clothing. I am so good at conning people". He owns a paving company in cranbrook BC.

edit on 13-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

violet
I regret staying with an abusive husband.
People told me to get away before this man disfigures or kills you. I was too scared to leave.
He was physically and verbally abusive. I was so stressed out, I believe it caused me to have a major stroke. Or it could be the countless times he smashed me in the head. When I had the stroke, this bastard left me on the floor for two days before calling 911. By the time I got to a hospital I had lost so much oxygen to my brain, I was left severely brain damaged, and paralysed on one side. I can't walk, will never use my arm or hand again. I can stand and trained to finally get into a shower unassisted. Then one of my shower grab bars was installed faulty bc he hired cheap labor. I told him it's coming loose, could shift and cause me to fall. He said STFU Bitch it was fine. Well sure enough it shifted out of place one day and I fell and broke my hip. The day after surgery it was mentioned to him it was the faulty bar that caused my fall, so he dumped me right there in the hospital, he left me.

Finally after more mean things he was doing and saying to me. I got up the courage to file for a divorce.

Why did I not do this before, when I had a chance at a life? Talk about regretting things.

He's super rich and is going to fight me in court and not share his assets. He tricked me with help from the royal bank to put me onto a 640G loan I have no legal way to get out of. There's another loan of 200G he tricked me into as well. My credit has been destroyed. I don't think I will get anything now and I really need it to live as a disabled person. He has done nothing but brag he's in the top 5% income in Canada. He hid his wealth from me. If I do get lots of money he will kill me.

This bastard is very manipulating and donates to hospital charities and they rave about his generosity, what a nice guy he is. He just says "" haha, I only donated to get free advertising. I'm such a wolf in sheeps clothing. I am so good at conning people". He owns a paving company in cranbrook BC.

edit on 13-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

Powerful post, I was not expecting this kind of reply...........I am shocked beyond being shocked and I see by your many years spent here on ATS you are legit and your story is legit......

I appreciate your candor.....
Just WOW my god you are so lucky even to be posting right now.

Many thanks,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Regret nothing...

But I do wonder how my life would turned out if I went to the regional computer programming contest. I knew more than the teacher.

It's good to share

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Not telling this girl that I was in love with her.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Thank you.
Yes I am being truthful.

Back in the day this was something you never talked about, keep it to yourself.
Sometimes neighbours would call the cops. They can't press charges, I had to. I didn't.

He kept saying he would kill me and my body will get put in Mt. Baker. He had friends that killed people and chopped them up. He threatened to have my family killed as well. People like him have friends in low places and high places. Makes you scared to fight back.

You'd be shocked if I told you the rest.
I was such a fool.

I'm just venting. It helps I suppose.
I have a very painful toothache today. from him fracturing teeth and knocking them out. He hit me in the face with the blade of an ice-skate in my sons hockey bag. He didn't have the guards on his blades. My teeth started breaking off when I ate, the front one fell right out. I had good teeth before this.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Started smoking.

I wish I could go back in time and change that.

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't change a thing. I learned from the things that went right and wrong. If I would change a single thing say thirty years ago, it could have changed my reality. I am satisfied with the way things turned out. i made life fun and interesting. Sure I worked hard but I also had a ball spending what I earned. I have kids and grandkids, I couldn't jeopardize not having them around. They are part of my reality.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Only 1 thing? Everyone must be younger than I for I have many. I will post three tho I see they have all been posted and seem to be the only kinds posted.

Listening to my husband and studying nursing instead of journalism. To this day I have an obsession to keep plenty of paper and pens...fear of running out...must be a past life thing.

Not getting divorced sooner. But hey, finally did it and that is "A Good Thing".

Starting to smoke again after 30 years not smoking.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

SloAnPainful
reply to post by Iwinder

Started smoking.

I wish I could go back in time and change that.

-SAP-

Myself also my friend.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

rickymouse
I wouldn't change a thing. I learned from the things that went right and wrong. If I would change a single thing say thirty years ago, it could have changed my reality. I am satisfied with the way things turned out. i made life fun and interesting. Sure I worked hard but I also had a ball spending what I earned. I have kids and grandkids, I couldn't jeopardize not having them around. They are part of my reality.

Thanks for adding your thoughts here,
Your post makes for a good balance.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

ChuckNasty
Regret nothing...

But I do wonder how my life would turned out if I went to the regional computer programming contest. I knew more than the teacher.

It's good to share

LOL you should have gone for it.......
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

trollz
Not telling this girl that I was in love with her.

Yeah me too, but my problem was when I did the above she looked at me funny and said go home....

Ahhh to Love and to lose I guess.

Your comments are much appreciated.

Regards, iwinder

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

liveandlearn
reply to post by Iwinder

Only 1 thing? Everyone must be younger than I for I have many. I will post three tho I see they have all been posted and seem to be the only kinds posted.

Listening to my husband and studying nursing instead of journalism. To this day I have an obsession to keep plenty of paper and pens...fear of running out...must be a past life thing.

Not getting divorced sooner. But hey, finally did it and that is "A Good Thing".

Starting to smoke again after 30 years not smoking.

I can relate to your post above, follow your dreams not your demons....
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Someone needs to invest in a digital recorder and start building a case against this piece of *#&!

Save everything. Every text message, voicemail, everything. If you don't fight for yourself, how do you expect to survive?

You still have options... Choices you need to make. You just have to have courage to say NO MORE.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

1. Asking a corrupt government for help with a personal problem they had no business with. It was made big business, and is by now the biggest cash cow since cancer.

2. Speaking the truth to that same corrupt government while describing the problem solved. I am now serving a life sentence as a political prisoner. It's because after a government becomes corrupted, power is authority-- not truth.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've had so many horrible things happen to me in life outside my control that I don't regret anything. Doing so would be highly unfair to myself.

I think I did the best I could considering the circumstances.

The only thing I guess I could say I regret is losing the flame and passion for life amid all the hard life events. Now I am more level headed but I miss having that extreme spark of youth.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join