It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Life changing decisions do you regret the most after looking back after the years have passed?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhoswen

Nice post and I agree with this quote "I believe that there is a message and a gift in each regret."
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and wisdom.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Freeborn
I'm 48 years old and I've lived life to the full.

Had some great times and always walked pretty close to the line, and straying over it on more than just a few times if the truths to be told.
I could never be described as a model, law abiding citizen but neither am I hardened, professional criminal or barely functioning addict etc.

But 'Everything to excess' has always been a bit of a personal motto.

Sure I'm beginning to pay the price a bit now but I've had a great time getting here - done and seen things most could never imagine, mostly good but been involved in and seen some pretty hair raising things.
I've made many mistakes and done some things I'm not proud of, but I don't regret a thing.

They've all contributed to what I am today - and all things considered I don't think I'm a bad person.

When all that's said and done the one thing I truly regret echoes what a previous poster said; smoking.
It's a horrible habit that serves no beneficial purpose other than generating obscene amounts of profit for unscrupulous corporations.

Excellent addition to this thread and many thanks for posting it.

Myself I am 53 years old and have smoked since I was about 17 years old and I can't get off the things no matter what.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Freeborn

If it wasn't for a bi-hourly smoke break, i might not ever leave my office during the day.

LOL, I don't work but as I a drive by businesses I see clusters of people smoking and drinking coffee, it actually looks like a good social practice...but with less nicotine and such it might be healthier.

Last time I experienced something like that I had to take my wife in to the emergency ward at the hospital.
Very stressful night but when I slipped out for a smoke everyone in the smoking area were so kind and talkative.

The non smokers in the waiting room were mute and a don't talk to me look about them.

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 14-10-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

CranialSponge
Regrets/mistakes are a double edged sword.

On one hand we regret our poor decisions over the years for obvious reasons, but on the other hand we've learned from those mistakes and grown into who we are today. And just a little bit wiser from it too.

My biggest regret was not pursuing my dream career in university, and instead choosing the easy road into, what I consider, a braindead career... or at least what has become a braindead, boring, comatose type of career.

I wanted to be an astrophysicist, but the physics aspect of it scared the crap out of me. I obviously didn't have enough confidence in myself regarding my intellectual abilities back in the day. Big mistake.

On the plus side of that (the double-edged sword thing), after being an accountant for 23 years, I've had the ability and know-how to set myself up in a comfortable financial position that I'm now benefiting from in my mid 40's and living the life of semi-retirement.

That being said, I still can't help but wonder: "What if ?".

Beauty of a post, thanks for sharing with us here.

"what If?" is a killer I think......

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

edit on 14/10/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
First of all,we are glad you survived your operation.

I was Always into discovery amongst the scientific world but was taken down a notch from a few trades.My perfection is trim carpentry.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

SarnholeOntarable
First of all,we are glad you survived your operation.

I was Always into discovery amongst the scientific world but was taken down a notch from a few trades.My perfection is trim carpentry.

Good stuff, trim carpentry is technical stuff and by god I would love to do that kind of thing.
Too late for me but maybe the next go-around in life? You never know.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join