It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Goverment B Team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So, some of the more respectable members of the US government has left:
- Colin Powell
- Spencer Abraham
- Rod Paige
- Ann Veneham (?)

So that?s the secretary of state, the secretary of energy, the secretary of agriculture and perhaps the secretary of education. Considering these four are people who all face criticism for very contemporary and serious issues, what?s going on inside in the Bush regime?

My questions are:
* Will the new secretary of state be a corporate who will extend the patriot act?
* Has the energy secretary quit due to Americas reliance on oil, a reliance which HAS to be changed... but will it? No...
* Why would the agriculture secretary resign? Global warming causing infertile soils... leading to bad crops for many years?
* Will further prejudice and 'dumbing down' of the American school system by the new secretary lead to more people joining the army... stealth conscription!?

It will be interesting to see what replacements Bush announces, any ideas people?

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It seems the only people who are getting changed out of government are the wrong ones....

Make sure we all have our Nomex skivies one people....Its going to get hairy...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ishes
My questions are:
* Will the new secretary of state be a corporate who will extend the patriot act?

If by the term �a corporate,� you mean some one with no diplomatic or previous government experience, I doubt it. Bush still has to get whomever he taps past congress, even the republicans are in the majority, I doubt thatthey will rubberstamp anyone through who is unqualified for the post.

* Has the energy secretary quit due to Americas reliance on oil, a reliance which HAS to be changed... but will it? No...

Maybe he resigned because in four years he hasn�t really accomplished much.

* Why would the agriculture secretary resign? Global warming causing infertile soils... leading to bad crops for many years?

Sorry, Ishes, but I don�t think that global warming has anything to do with soil fertility. Furthermore, I don�t think that people blame the secretary of agriculture for crop failures.

* Will further prejudice and 'dumbing down' of the American school system by the new secretary lead to more people joining the army... stealth conscription!?

Wow, you just made an even bigger jump to a conclusion than in the previous question.

�stealth conscription?�

How do you correlate the quality of the educational system with the military enrollment rate?

[edit on 15-11-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be in the Polical Ideology forum?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The funny thing about the "B team" coming in is: If this was the best, can you imagine the worst?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Honestly, I think we'll really have to wait to see what the next turn will bring us.

Stranger things have happened then we get better people than we had. THAT would be a nice change of pace.

But we'll see. Let's wait to have a target before we dismiss them.

top topics

join