It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This storm front stikes me as odd, very odd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have been watching this sucker since this morning, then it was just a thread but what caught my attention was that it was straight as a razor up and down.

Now almost 10 hours later it looks like this......
classic.wunderground.com...

Still straight and moving so slow, I have never seen anything like this for a storm front so I thought I would post it and see what you folks think.

I am by no means a meteorologist but I do watch the weather and this one is odd in my opinion.

Have at it:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I thought this was going to be about the cyclone or whatever hitting India. VERY interesting, indeed. In all my years of watching weather channel, I've never seen anything like that before. Wonder what causes it to be so vertical and straight like that?

I used to live in Chicago btw...looks like Chicago is gonna get a bit, eh?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

Thats what caught my eye, the straight line up and down and this thing has been on that radar pic since 8 am this morning only then it was just a eyelash straight up and down.

It is moving so slow it is almost imperceptible on the radar.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
As the cold front approaches it comes in contact with weather seeding chem trails that appear as those streaks on the radar and then become a part of the mass behind it.

Actually... i made that up but this pattern does appear strange!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

LOL......Yeah it is strange and thanks for the laugh and taking the time to post.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Iwinder
I am by no means a meteorologist but I do watch the weather and this one is odd in my opinion.

You must not have been watching the weather for too long. Rain and clouds associated with fronts will follow the front. Many times the front is curved or arced, and the rain/clouds will curve and arc accordingly.

Fronts can also be straight like this one, and the rain/clouds are just forming accordingly. There's nothing unusual or out of the ordinary about a straight front.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This particular front isn't even straight. You're just catching a small part of it. If you take a small part of a curved line, and zoom in, it appears more straight than curved.

Here's the actual front:

And the actual cloud/rain location:

As you can see, the rain and clouds are forming around the curve of the front.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Maybe it's the radar... when I look at other radars I don't see it or maybe it's cloud seeding. lol

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It is a front that is getting stalled by the slow moving nor'easter we have been experiencing here on the east coast. I am originally from Cincinnati and saw these all the time when a straight line front would move through. Nothing to fret about. Weather always amazes if you watch It closely. Cool post.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

_BoneZ_
This particular front isn't even straight. You're just catching a small part of it. If you take a small part of a curved line, and zoom in, it appears more straight than curved.

Here's the actual front:

And the actual cloud/rain location:

As you can see, the rain and clouds are forming around the curve of the front.

Thanks for the explanation bones, very informative but yet I still say this was a weird one.
Again thanks for your wisdom,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

MamaJ
Maybe it's the radar... when I look at other radars I don't see it or maybe it's cloud seeding. lol

Thanks for your post I never had time to check other radar pics as it fall here and time to kick ass on the leaves and dead plants in our garden.

Could be you are correct.......
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Godfather1965
It is a front that is getting stalled by the slow moving nor'easter we have been experiencing here on the east coast. I am originally from Cincinnati and saw these all the time when a straight line front would move through. Nothing to fret about. Weather always amazes if you watch It closely. Cool post.

Thanks for your polite reply to my post, that is what I am hearing from Bones and yourself and thanks for the information.

Still this was a strange one indeed.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

join