It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Be Careful

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

MrSpad
The US depends on its people being calm and happy. That is why the US has no internal security forces and its military has little to no training in that area.

Spad, you've been around here long enough to know that not only has the National Guard been training for riot control but did you also forget about Department of Homeland Security and Northcom?
These are not figments of conspiracy theorist' imaginations.

www.northcom.mil...
www.dhs.gov...
National Guard training for riot control: publicintelligence.net...
FM 3-19.15 CIVIL DISTURBANCE OPERATIONS /Dept. of Army Headquarters
www.fas.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Tsu322
I think so much has happened now that it could be a possibility that your government are trying to provoke you into into unwise action. Not just after the shutdown but probably before that too.

They could be trying to provoke you into the next Arab Springs so that they can use force on you or worse.

I'm not saying it's for sure but just keep your wits about you and slepp with one eye open.

Take care people.

I don't doubt it....but unfortunately it isn't our "government". It is a group of tight knit, wealthy elitists who are trying to destroy this country. They are international, banker families, and their plan isn't much better for any other country either. They triple their fortunes by bringing countries to their knees, and rebuilding them in their own image.

Many of our politicans and high ranking officials work for them, unofficially of course.

Yea, I don't doubt some very selfish people have ulterior motives for our country. You can see it with our America is becoming more and more of a police state, and our dollar becomes worth less and less.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
In a few months, Americans will be too distracted with CHRISTMAS SHOPPING then SUPERBOWL to care about how much in taxes they are supporting this us maddness, and their own eventual destruction (myself included, perhaps)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

jimmyx

sonnny1

jimmyx

the democrats want government to work, and know how dependant we all are on our government.....

You're Clueless.....Im sorry.

I will leave you with wise words to ponder.

Dependent on Government. Sheesh!

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” ― Thomas Jefferson

“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.” ― Thomas Jefferson

did you pave the road outside your house with your own money? did you build the water pipelines that come to your house out of your own money?. did you build the sewer lines and maintain them with your own money? have you bought one or two police cars every few years to patrol your street? have you built dams for flood control, schools for your children out of your own pocket?....and you call me clueless?....advanced societies are dependant on government, name one that isn't.

Yes it did come out of my tax contribution. But not bitchin about that. Its those special research projects for the spotted wrinkle tailed this and that, and the neighbor girl got pregnant three times and is on adc and now goes to school free while the gov gets her back on day care and rent, 500$ toilet seats, extravagant executive travel expense, faith based projects funded by the gov....er me, Obama phones.......lets see what else. lol

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

They could be trying to provoke you into the next Arab Springs so that they can use force on you or worse.

Things are bad, dont get me wrong, but i dont think we are about to see the "American spring".

People are getting all uptight about this shut down, yes it bad, but the government has shut down loads of times in the past and it all worked out in the end.

The same will probably happen this time, America will avoid default because everyone on the hill will just shut up about obamacare and move on, they wont let America default.

Even if it does, I still dont think there will be a violent revolution of any kind.

EDIT

Since posting this thread though I thought what if it's the Chinese or other hackers trying to frame the government.

errr what?
edit on 12-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

THIS.

The GOP is grandstanding for the sake of securing the next election. Obama knows this, and is giving them the finger. Itll all be worked out in the end. And if zero hour passes, the world will postpone the apocolypse with some ridiculously concocted contortion.

In business, you would say, "We've come to far with this thing to give up now"

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

jimmyx

sonnny1

jimmyx

the democrats want government to work, and know how dependant we all are on our government.....

You're Clueless.....Im sorry.

I will leave you with wise words to ponder.

Dependent on Government. Sheesh!

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” ― Thomas Jefferson

“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.” ― Thomas Jefferson

did you pave the road outside your house with your own money? did you build the water pipelines that come to your house out of your own money?. did you build the sewer lines and maintain them with your own money? have you bought one or two police cars every few years to patrol your street? have you built dams for flood control, schools for your children out of your own pocket?....and you call me clueless?....advanced societies are dependant on government, name one that isn't.

Road outside my house (actually it's about 1 1/2 acres away) is a dirt road. Not paved.

Yes I DID build the water pipelines that come from my well to my house with my OWN money.

Yes I DID pay for my sewer lines and built them with my very own two hand that run to my septic tank, that uses a drain field.

We don't have any police cars patrolling up and down our dirt road. What we have is very armed neighbors, and most people know: stay off the land unless you're invited, else you just might be picking buck shot out of your skin.

No dams around here. We have a creek that has a flood plain. My house is above that 100 year flood plain.

I home school my son. Out of my own pocket.

The federal government is about as useful to me as a freezer in the Antarctic.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I think you missed his caveat "advanced society".

His presumption is that "advanced" equates to "superior".

But country living....thats the only way to live.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

solomons path

dlbott

solomons path

MrSpad
The US depends on its people being calm and happy. That is why the US has no internal security forces and its military has little to no training in that area. Anytime we see unrest be it riots or a natural disaster the USs ability to control the area is revealed as severly lacking. Of course we are not even at the point of large scale peaceful protests like we were during the Iraq war and not anywhere near the unrest in the 60, 70s. I suppose that is why the US so completely unprepared for internal problems.

If this were the 90's, I would agree with you wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, I don't believe that paradigm exists anymore.

Maybe you've overlooked the last 13 years have given rise to the Patriot Act, the implementation and expansion of the DHS (and all of their military sized acquisitions), the NDAA, the TSA, the expansion of the roll of FEMA, the ongoing militarization of local LEAs, and the revelations (at least publicly) of the breadth of the NSA's control over all aspects of communication.

You also seem to be misinformed training of the military (in particular the Army) to assist in domestic upheaval, so I've provided a couple of links for you . . .

USArmy Internment/Resettlement Spec Job listing

U.S. Internment and Resettlement Operations Manual
edit on 10/12/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

The manual you reference came out a need the army discovered starting with Kuwait and moving forward to Iraq, Afghanistan and present, nothing more. Lol

The Bot

You are absolutely wrong and obviously have not read it . . . it clearly states that the Army will coordinate with FEMA and local LE and assist, support, and maintain the internment centers during civil operations.

So, yes this covers overseas ops, as well . . . but the procedures are congruent for overseas and civil operations.

Also, this document came out in 2010 . . . long after Kuwait or any other subsequent ME operation.

You are wrong on every level of your charge . . .

SUPPORT TO CIVIL SUPPORT OPERATIONS

2-39. Civil support is the DOD support to U.S. civil authorities for domestic emergencies, and for
designated law enforcement and other activities. (JP 3-28) Civil support includes operations that address
the consequences of natural or man-made disasters, accidents, terrorist attacks and incidents in the U.S. and
its territories.

2-40. The I/R tasks performed in support of civil support operations are similar to those during combat
operations, but the techniques and procedures are modified based on the special OE associated with
operating within U.S. territory and according to the categories of individuals (primarily DCs) to be housed
in I/R facilities. During long-term I/R operations, state and federal agencies will operate within and around
I/R facilities within the scope of their capabilities and identified role. Military police commanders must
closely coordinate and synchronize their efforts with them especially in cases where civil authority and
capabilities have broken down or been destroyed.

The smugness of your ignorance is duly noted . . .

No i told you the truth and my work back then I could tell it was just as I has said. And as the new missions at home were tasked from Katrina more was added to already working manuals. This has been an ongoing hanging system, including training that goes back as far as Kuwait and forward. Anytime a change is needed manuals are a ended, it is a never ending project in the army.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
There was a time when I would agree with you. There was a time when I thought that every move the government made was carefully chosen by expert chess masters that were so far above my head they might as well be aliens. Then I realized: these guys really ARE f..king imbeciles. I mean like eighth grade dropout stupid.
I welcome the time when tshtf.
I really hope it happens before I'm too old to fight. I've realized we the people are legion.
The elite are less than 1%.
And the swat and military????
THEY ARE US!!!!
I'm more than ready. I'm sick of waiting. I'm sick of watching this puppet show.
Give me a star if you are legion; show me what I already know.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

46 million people under the poverty level. That's roughly 1/7th of the population. Do I believe 1 in seven Americans are lazy?? Well umm....yes I do. Sorry but flame away I said it and I won't take it back.
But before you flame know that I lived below poverty for damn near ten years and I was lazy... Then I got fed up and got a degree.
I know that there are exceptions.
I know that not everyone that is poor is lazy.
But 1 in 7?
Yeah that sounds about right.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

riffraff
Do I believe 1 in seven Americans are lazy?? Well umm....yes I do. Sorry but flame away I said it and I won't take it back.

You asked for a flaming ... let me be the first. One in seven? Just one? Sir, I believe you are too kind and too generous. Maybe one in seven "aren't" lazy.

ETA: OP - You are spot on. This message needs to get out ... so S&F to you. There was a star in that for you too riffraff.
edit on 13102013 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
The GOP is grandstanding for the sake of securing the next election. Obama knows this, and is giving them the finger. Itll all be worked out in the end. And if zero hour passes, the world will postpone the apocolypse with some ridiculously concocted contortion.

BFFT - I agree with most of what I've seen you post on ATS. Who in their right mind wouldn't agree with anyone from Texas?

I need some help here. Who is it exactly that's grandstanding? Is it the GOP or Obamarama? We had the shutdown, now we've got the debt ceiling, but the stick ... you see the stick ... is the actual declaration of default or martial law. I see the stick, brother, and it's swinging in a very wide arc -vs- being poked directly in the throat.

I hope you're right about the apocalypse, but I took the precaution of shuttering my businesses in August and cashed out in September.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

My hat is off to you sir. I'm not American but i greatly value the ideals behind your post. Everyone with a ounce of the same attitude will succeed, that's what i think.

Take care of your self, family and neighbor and everything will be fine at the end, thats what i believe.

I'm sure there are many who feels that you sir, are one of the last Men still standing.

Best Regards,
Menneni (the aftershave)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

I don't believe that 'laziness' is the problem in the vast majority of cases.
I believe intelligence levels is the problem as when it comes to mind capacity we are certainly NOT on a level playing field on this planet.

In the end, do we give up on our not so bright brothers and sisters and let them starve?
I hope we never do BUT I am horrified to say that the day is coming when the super elites will give up on everyone who is not in their little 'gang' and that is the day the rest of us sink or swim depending on whether we reach out to eachother.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Asktheanimals

MrSpad
The US depends on its people being calm and happy. That is why the US has no internal security forces and its military has little to no training in that area.

Spad, you've been around here long enough to know that not only has the National Guard been training for riot control but did you also forget about Department of Homeland Security and Northcom?
These are not figments of conspiracy theorist' imaginations.

www.northcom.mil...
www.dhs.gov...
National Guard training for riot control: publicintelligence.net...
FM 3-19.15 CIVIL DISTURBANCE OPERATIONS /Dept. of Army Headquarters
www.fas.org...

Again so what? Who cares if the Atlantic Command was renamed the United States Joint Forces Command then later renamed Nothern Command? Its has always had the same funtion. Is a name change really all that scary?

Same with DHS. DHS just took organizations from other cabinet level postitions and put them under one. We have always had the coast guard, Secret Service, border patrol, DHS, FEMA, customs etc. It is not like those people are all going leave their jobs to form some DHS police army. They are still all seperate agencies the just are under one umbrella.

And yes the Military Police in NG have some riot control training just like any other police and they always have. However thier numbers are tiny and for the most part they are LEOs as civilians.

In the end the US would be hard pressed to control one major city under matial law. To do so at a national level would require over 9 million men at the very least. And that would require more that half the soldiers on Earth to show up.

So to sum up if anybody is hoping for or depending on the US being able to pull off some sort national martial law they are going to be deeply deeply disappointed. It is simply not in our capabilities as harsh as that reality may be.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

TheNewRevolution
reply to post by Tsu322

If a revolt starts in America, we won't have to worry about the government anymore.

The place is a powder keg. So many people are fed up to the point that all it is going to take is one or two definitive acts of revolution to get the whole ball rolling.

And the government does not have the manpower or the ability to take it down.

We would, however, have to worry about the other governments that are currently moving their militaries onto our soil and training along side our troops!

America Sleeps

Among innumerable other sources. This IS happening, we need to wake from our complacency induced comas, THIS IS IT!!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Agreed.

But it seems a little nazi-esque to accept that some people can never be as smart as others. I would rather believe preople are too lazy to learn than believe they are functioning at full capacity.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Its the GOP grandstanding. They could have blocked Obamacare to begin with. They didn't. So now they are playing politics to show their base that they at least tried.

That is all it really is about in the false political dichotomy: making a point to gain votes.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

IrishCream

TheNewRevolution
reply to post by Tsu322

If a revolt starts in America, we won't have to worry about the government anymore.

The place is a powder keg. So many people are fed up to the point that all it is going to take is one or two definitive acts of revolution to get the whole ball rolling.

And the government does not have the manpower or the ability to take it down.

We would, however, have to worry about the other governments that are currently moving their militaries onto our soil and training along side our troops!

America Sleeps

Among innumerable other sources. This IS happening, we need to wake from our complacency induced comas, THIS IS IT!!

Oh yes the foriegn army twist. In the 90s the story was the Soviet Union fake its death and Bill Clinton was closing US military bases so Soviet Forces in Mexico could come take over. The story is the same on that has always been floating around. And it never ends. 20 years from now the same story will be updated and passed around still ignoring logic and reality.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

The one thing that has consistently resulted in civil unrest through the centuries is:

FOOD.

As long as people can feed themselves and their families you wont have any large scale unrest. But if you see large numbers of people without access to food, watch out. That's when we can really start worrying.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join