It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victory! New York Capitol Unanimously Passes Anti-NDAA Resolution 11-0

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
While I am very happy that cities, in states are passing these laws, I guess I missed something bigger?

Why? Why are they passing these laws? What happened that I missed that we need them?

There is obviously a thread explaining this somewhere, that I obviously missed.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

I'm from near Albany, nice to see them doing something useful. Like another poster said, NYC and upstate are two VERY ,very different places.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

chiefsmom
While I am very happy that cities, in states are passing these laws, I guess I missed something bigger?

Why? Why are they passing these laws? What happened that I missed that we need them?

There is obviously a thread explaining this somewhere, that I obviously missed.

Ok, I get my confusion, so forget that part.

My new question is this:
Why are just cities passing these? Are any states doing it, to cover the whole state? If not, they sure as hell should be.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I think part of the problem is too many people don't know about the NDAA, or understand the potential ramifications.

Both California and Alaska passed "limited" resolutions against it, so there is some push back - but it needs to grow - which is why something like this Albany resolution should get publicity.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Well, Albany is the capital of NY so this could be just the start (hopefully). I'm very surprised they even pulled this off to be honest.

<< 1   >>

join