It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victory! New York Capitol Unanimously Passes Anti-NDAA Resolution 11-0

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
And this one is even stronger than those passed in California and Alaska

ALbany, NY Common Council unanimously passed Resolution 80.92.13, becoming the first city in America to prohibit indefinite military detention without charge or trial, specifically under the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act, to declare it is not a “battlefield” and resolve that its citizens and residents are not subject to “detention under the law of war.”

Unlike in California, Alaska, and other states that purported to block the NDAA, but only require the state to stand down and allow Federal officials to implement it nonetheless, Resolution 80.92.13 recognizes the application of the Law of War to residents/citizens of Albany to be unConstitutional.

Now that they know this is unConstitutional, every peace officer, elected official, or other person who takes an Oath to the U.S. Constitution in the City of Albany is required to interpose against those attempting to implement military detention or the “law of war” in Albany.

Under the Constitution, instead of mere noncompliance, this resolution requires interposition to protect the rights of the people and stop the Federal government from implementing military detention in the city. Period.

This is the strongest piece of legislation in the United States to date to prohibit the indefinite military detention power in the United States.

pandaunite.org... ew-york-capitol-unanimously-passes-anti-ndaa-resolution

I didn't realize the California resolution was simply "stand down and let the Feds take over".

This one really says - "sorry, we abide by the constitution."

However small, It's certainly a step in the right direction. I hope this story gets publicity so more people realize that they can and should take a stand against Big Brother.

edit on 8-10-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Sweeeet! Much, much more to do though-

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Go New York!

Now put down that soda, give me your guns and step back while I frisk your wife.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

What we need is some of the federal level politicians to make this kind of move. Although to be honest, I'm instead expecting Holder to come charging in and cry foul.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Sigh. Way to deflate the moment.
Couldn't we at least have 10 minutes where we think somebody has some common sense and we might have actually won a battle?
Sigh.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

NICE!

I knew we had some good cookies in Albany.

Yay! we aren't California # 2.......

I love NY....now a little more. Real patriots still call this home......love it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumCypher

don't worry. that is more about NYC and less so about the state.

And even at that....things go down as they go up.....wait for it.

edit on 10 8 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
That's great...but isn't pretty much all of NYS a 'constitution-free' zone (minus a few miles in the very center of the state)?

edit on 8-10-2013 by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Yes, I agree. Too many people just don't realize how much we have given up to be "safe" from the manufactured boogeyman.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

NY has already seen enough terrorism thats good

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

At the federal level - would be nice, but not likely. ~looks to sky for flying pigs~

Yep, Holder will jump in at some point, if this seems to gain any momentum.

Just nice to know for a few minutes that there really are some concerned, smart, willing to take action people out there.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Funny, but NYC and Albany are two different animals, with NYC being the one that should be studied in lab experiments.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
"So the local police are refusing to assist us, lieutenant?"

"Yes, sir. They've got this law, you see..."

"Ok. Shoot them too."

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Yeah, there is some comfort in that. Do all the loonies in New York state flock to New York City, or do all the sane people move away?

Love the avatar by the way.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I'm wondering how long before their "Shelter in place" order becomes permanent. We are being trained to not only give up our means to defend ourselves, but to simply wait until the police come to fix it. While hoping they don't shoot US instead. And that they actually catch the criminal, let alone stop him from doing bad things. And once he's caught, IF he's caught, that they don't let him plea out of the deal. And that once he's plead out, that he doesn't decide to come back and finish the job. And that it doesn't just start the cycle all over again....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Holder has jumped on EVERY law which has attempted to supersede federal laws or enforcement of those laws. Won't be long before he brings his posse of lawyers over to New York to stamp this out before people start getting the right...er, wrong idea.

Still, it's nice to hope while it lasts.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I'm wondering how long before their "Shelter in place" order becomes permanent. We are being trained to not only give up our means to defend ourselves, but to simply wait until the police come to fix it. While hoping they don't shoot US instead. And that they actually catch the criminal, let alone stop him from doing bad things. And once he's caught, IF he's caught, that they don't let him plea out of the deal. And that once he's plead out, that he doesn't decide to come back and finish the job. And that it doesn't just start the cycle all over again....

That does seem to be the "training game" - but this small victory proves that there still are some people who understand it and are willing to fight for right.

All we can do is spread the word and hope to educate people.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by Maluhia

Go New York!

Now put down that soda, give me your guns and step back while I frisk your wife.

And the terrorists greatest weapon is the 4th of July sparkler.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Greetings,

I am fairly certain in a "state of emergency" they'll just ignore that law and detain people anyways and there won't be anything that anyone else will be able to do to stop it.
Theoretically speaking it sounds wonderful but practically speaking, it won't prevent the feds from detaining anyone they want whenever they want and I think we all know this to be true.
Sounds like they want to distract people from realizing they are STILL frogs slowly being brought to a boil in a pot.
Now, if NYC allowed the citizens to open carry and didn't stop and frisk for the sake of being d-bags...I MIGHT have believed that positive things could've resulted from it...but as it stands, sounds like the politicos are just trying to buy themselves some time.

"You see? The gub'mint IZ good an' you NEED us back on the job!"

Something like that.

-Amitaba-
edit on 9-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sarcasm

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Yes, sticking to their guns will be difficult when push comes to shove, but at least they're trying.

Interestingly, the resolution was introduced by a Councilman who grew up in The Soviet Union -

Anton explains the legislation, his past experiences growing up in the former Soviet Union, the parallels of our current situation versus the former USSR, why he decided to get involved, and why he's taking a stand against this secretive and controversial bill.

globalpoliticalawakening.blogspot.com...

<<   2 >>

join