It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama complains about GOP "demanding ransom"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Stealing Neo's "Cognitive Dissonance" theme (because I'm a theif like that.)

www.realclearpolitics.com...

I also told [Speaker Boehner] that having such a conversation, talks, negotiations, shouldn't require hanging the threats of a government shutdown or economic chaos over the heads of the American people. Think about it this way, the American people do not get to demand a ransom for doing their jobs.

And another:
hotair.com...

Workers can't (and don't) do the same thing the GOP is doing? What? Oh, and you're vehemently against it being done? Really, Barack, really?

Hmm... I guess this doesn't apply then?
www.huffingtonpost.com...

“I hope that the parties will come together to settle this quickly and get our kids back in the classroom," U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan said in a statement. "I’m confident that both sides have the best interests of the students at heart, and that they can collaborate at the bargaining table –- as teachers and school districts have done all over the country –- to reach a solution that puts kids first.”

Fascinating! BOTH SIDES had the best interest of the kids at heart in this matter, yet in the current "national strike" you off handedly reject any notion that the GOP has the interest of the nation and tax payers at heart? Hmmm....

Back when he was first running for president:
www.washingtontimes.com...

“We’re ready to play offense for organized labor. It’s time we had a president who didn’t choke saying the word ‘union.’ A president who strengthens our unions by letting them do what they do best: organize our workers,” Mr. Obama told the AFL-CIO in Philadelphia on April 2.

“I will make it the law of the land when I’m president of the United States,” Mr. Obama told the labor federation.

Ouch! Looks like his view on unions has... changed.

Seriously, can anyone honestly say that this guy represents the best America can do in the White House anymore? Flip flopping, lying, coniving, and general back stabbing all for what? 10% of the population getting health insurance coverage while the rest of us languish trying to pay for it?

No thanks. Keep the strike alive GOP. You are all inspirations to the proud American labor tradition of standing up for what you believe in and grinding the wheels to a standstill until your voices are heard.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I for one am confused at how vehemently the current administration is trying to defend its flip floppy, dare I say hypocritical policies when the second term is already locked up and the future leadership of the party could be an adversary he once defeated.

For whom does the current administration shape the political landscape for? Surely the next years would be easier for the administration if they actually listened to the public.....Smells like a conspiracy to me

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

When big O was a senator he made some big talking speeches. Now he's slithered into the White House the only thing he seems to say is "My way or the Highway."

I'm sure his supporters will jump right in here any minute. I honestly don't understand them. Back when Bush II launched his war against Saddam's nonexistent WMD's I called it out as a phoney war. Bank meltdown was also on his shift too. But the Obama supporters never seem to see their leaders mistakes, much less call him on them.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

"can anyone honestly say that this guy represents the best America can do in the Whitehouse anymore ?'' I don't think so.

Can anybody honestly say what this guy has done for anyone in America at all ........except feed his base ? I know, a few people have healthcare that were not able to obtain it before, destroying a country is not the way to go about it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The man made a deal with the House in December to make concessions and go the cutting route for budgeting come the next series of talks. Well, this is that series and like a 2 year old with ADD, he doesn't figure anything he made for previous deals should apply.

Well.... I doubt deals he tries to make in the future will get anything put laughter in his face. He makes a habit of this. Deals to one side, then something entirely different and hell with what came before.

I guess it's a major shock to his reality, but not every adult has a profound case of ADD like he does. Not everyone thinks 4-6 months is like a lifetime and nothing counts after just a short time. Some people hold him to his word...... surprise.

now he's in full tantrum mode. Wah Wah Wah. Sympathy just ran out for him. None left.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Someone needs to shine a light on how reckless he's being with his comments and threats.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This gets more dangerous by the day people !!!!!

I think Obama and company is getting pretty frustrated because they actually expect everybody to just give in to their insanity.

I think the representatives in Congress are getting more and more calls and mail from citizens that want the financial mania to stop.

We are only hearing the MSM side.

If Obama and his closest insiders *snap*......then what ?
They could become even more dangerous than we have already seen.

AND,

*WHO* ARE these Tea Party people anyway ?

...A few months ago, the MSM had them all but dead and buried already

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I don't know for sure. I'm assuming they are ...everyone opposed to over taxation? lol I mean, I don't see folks down at the local harbor throwing tea. Seems to be some sorta buzzword that started up years ago and never went away.

I do know what the term, "teabagger" or "teabagging" refers to. But it would likely be improper to use that sort of thing in politics or on politicians. (even though some may disagree) O.o

new topics

top topics

join