It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Truckers for the Constitution' Plan to Slow D.C. Beltway, Arrest Congressmen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

AngryCymraeg

I'm sorry, so you want people hung from lampposts in Washington DC? Really? Despite the fact that such an action would prove that the USA has finally gone to hell in a handbasket, prompting the biggest financial collapse since Rome discovered that the only thing it had left in its coffers was some mouse droppings and an IOU from Stilicho? Seriously?
So who would be the first person hung? Please tell me that it would be John 'Crying Man' Boehner, the idiot who is the biggest disgrace to the position of Speaker of the House since the dawn of the Republic?

At this point and time I'd like to invite you to read a bit about our countries history, and how exactly we went about gaining independence from Great Britain.

Not saying you don't already know it. Think of it as a refresher.

Through murder and riot and trampling over the rule of law??? I have a real feeling that the Founding Fathers would take one look at the Tea Party and then recite the Oath of Allegiance to George III simultaneously.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

" The only thing that is going to fix what is happening now is revolution. The violent kind. Because if you think the 1% and the Money-People are going to go quietly....well you're living in fantasy land. "

You Do Realize what the outcome of that would be , don't you ? Many Innocent Men , Women , and Children Dying by the Hands of the Federal Goverment is a " Solution " to you ? No , the LAW is on the Peoples side , and Law is the Only thing that Seperates US from Them . Our Founding Fathers gave US their Most Precious Ideal and made it the Law of the Land , Freedom . There are many other Smarter ways to Fight fo it other than Dying .........

edit on 7-10-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

So compliance to tyranny brings freedom???? kk, time for me to do some illegal drugs, because reality has become a horror story base upon subservience.......

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Same here... It's one thing to attend a peaceful protest that goes hard. Well.. it happens and you roll with the punches..literally if need be.

Going out for violence as the whole intent? I think they call that mental illness, eh?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

seeker1963

So compliance to tyranny brings freedom???? kk, time for me to do some illegal drugs, because reality has become a horror story base upon subservience.......

Tyranny. What an easy to use word. How easy it is to throw around. You can vote I take it? Express opinions on this website or in public, or in print?
You obviously have a very odd definition of the word 'tyranny'.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Malynn

SadistNocturne

Thank you for underscoring my sentiment PRECISELY.

Apparently, you don't see this as a situation that REQUIRES drastic measures? Do you genuinely believe that the way things are, we can continue? That we can use "official avenues" to address our grievances? That we can honestly expect our corrupt gov't to change without some form of action?

Thank you for pointing this out.

-SN

We are very much in a situation that requires DRASTIC action. Anyone who thinks we're getting out of this mess peacefully is totally living with their head...in the sand. Is the polite way to say it, I guess. If there was a hell, there would be a special place in it for all the people who sit around wringing their hands about finding a "peaceful" solution while the clowns in D.C. rape, and pillage, and burn everything we care about.

The only thing that is going to fix what is happening now is revolution. The violent kind. Because if you think the 1% and the Money-People are going to go quietly....well you're living in fantasy land.

Some folks are just deluded into thinking "we're better than that"..."this is not how WE do things"...."someone might get hurt"....."children should wear helmets on bicycles"...."warnings should be on coffee cups that the coffee is served HOT".....

So, umm, yeah. They just serve to underscore the point I made. Glad to see others like you see things the way I do. Hopefully, even more do.

-SN

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thomas Jefferson: "God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

seeker1963

Tyranny. What an easy to use word. How easy it is to throw around. You can vote I take it? Express opinions on this website or in public, or in print?

Because, you know. posting on a website, saying something publicly, printing something....and hey, voting...you know...that makes ALL the difference.

Yeah, because of all of these things, we're in a wonderful situation. One where we should just sit back, drink another Big-Gulp, order some Dominos, and watch NFL. Hey, isn't Miley twerking on Nickelodeon right now ?

-SN

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
FFS, we're a nation of laws if these truckers don't approve of the job Congress is doing then come election night you vote them out.

We don't go out with pitchfoks and lynch mobs to arrest people that we don't agree with.

link   

I throw the word tyranny around just as much of those of your kind throw around the word "Democracy" maybe???

Think about it........

link   
Convoys for the win!

Even if they get arrested, there will be a heck of a lot of towing to take care of.

I don't think they intend to forcefully arrest anyone, as much as they want to make a statement that resonates with Americans that are sick of deceit and incompetence.

(post by Aloysius the Gaul removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Scorchio
Thomas Jefferson: "God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

Said the man who supported the French Revolution and its bloodstained, horror-encrusted, epilogue.

link   

Scorchio

Now, Scorchio, everyone KNOWS we're better than that!!! Those were our backwards cousins...you know, we've EVOLVED since then.

Maybe some folks are just a little too comfortable. Maybe they like the way things are.

link   

MmmPie
Convoys for the win!

but will they have any long haired sons of Jesus in a chartreuse micro-bus??

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

brandiwine14
I think this is a good step in the right direction had they just done it and not announced it before hand.

I can see a majority of these truckers being rounded up before the 11th and placed in custody until they once gain believe in the good of "TPTB"

Or it will become a suicide mission. The Feds will not allow this, I do not see this actually coming to fruition. However after their deaths Obama might get that revolution he keeps pushing on everyone. Then maybe we will see whether or not his use of Martial Law can actually contain the closed in Americans who want their freedoms back.

I'll say good luck to them....wish for no deaths all around, just justice and the upholding of our constitution.

No way really to organize large national events without lots of prior announcement using social media is there?

As far as rounding up is concerned it would absolutely stop business commerce as we know it and then dot.gov would cause exactly the effect they'd not want. Besides in name only this is still a free country where the PTB would wholly expose themselves doing so.

As far as precipitating some kind of incident, I would not be surprised at all and yes the administration could play it as they want with the media so far in the pocket nobody would know the truth really.

Its gone to point I've said to my family "next 10 days may be historical" with congress finally getting backbone, financial situation being a choice of collapse now or soon (year) whether it be by fake debt default, slowdown of government spending, treasury bond rates, federal reserve or a plethora of other things coming together in a "perfect storm" the truckers strike just adds to the potential.

link   

link   
reply to post by muse7

FFS, we're a nation of laws if these truckers don't approve of the job Congress is doing then come election night you vote them out.

We don't go out with pitchfoks and lynch mobs to arrest people that we don't agree with.

OR you can lower yourself to the point of calling those whom don't agree with your political ideology, "racists", "anarchists" or "terrorists"????

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg
Through murder and riot and trampling over the rule of law??? I have a real feeling that the Founding Fathers would take one look at the Tea Party and then recite the Oath of Allegiance to George III simultaneously.

I love the idea that you think I am for the "Tea Party". I'll wager you think I must be either a Republican or a Democrat if I'm not a card carrying Tea Party Member, right?

No. I am a thinking individual. I don't like one thing I've seen our gov't do in many years. I am intelligent enough to know what we've gone through to become what we are today. And I'm open to the idea it might take that again.

I also happen to believe in a thing or two some of our founding fathers said. Like, trading security for liberty, for one.

So, enjoy your security. I hope it lasts.

-SN

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Sorry that I don't share the same blood thirsty mentality, we elected these people. If we don't agree of the job they are doing then we vote them out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join