It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Truckers for the Constitution' Plan to Slow D.C. Beltway, Arrest Congressmen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What is that bit in the Constitution about Government failing to redress grievances?
Lynch mobs aren't always so bad.

Besides, at least these guys want trials. A lot of folks out there want much worse than that...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Sublimecraft
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Out of interest, is there a legal right in the US for a citizens arrest of a congressman/woman for breaching the constitution?

I am unfamiliar with constitutional law in this regard.

Has it ever happened before?

You know, I honestly don't have an answer to that. I do know that the government is going to do what it wants. They're the ones with the bigger guns...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This, to me, is the first necessary step in getting your country back.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is exactly the kind of reaction they want.
I just hope it doesn't turn violent.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

I agree. Everything they are doing right now is a calculated move meant to trigger violence.
I wish the truckers wouldn't even go, but if they're gonna, I bid them best of luck and hope that cooler heads prevail.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

Sublimecraft
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Out of interest, is there a legal right in the US for a citizens arrest of a congressman/woman for breaching the constitution?

I am unfamiliar with constitutional law in this regard.

Has it ever happened before?

You know, I honestly don't have an answer to that. I do know that the government is going to do what it wants. They're the ones with the bigger guns...

Your government has to tread very carefully here. If any of these truckers are sent to prison or shot and killed, the people then have martyrs. You already have a population which is largely disaffected by the tyranny of your government. The powers that be must realise this. The last thing they will want to do is give the people a martyr to inspire the revolution that is needed.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think this is a good step in the right direction had they just done it and not announced it before hand.

I can see a majority of these truckers being rounded up before the 11th and placed in custody until they once gain believe in the good of "TPTB"

Or it will become a suicide mission. The Feds will not allow this, I do not see this actually coming to fruition. However after their deaths Obama might get that revolution he keeps pushing on everyone. Then maybe we will see whether or not his use of Martial Law can actually contain the closed in Americans who want their freedoms back.

I'll say good luck to them....wish for no deaths all around, just justice and the upholding of our constitution.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Twitter just shut down their account..............

Twitter Shuts Down ‘Truckers for the Constitution

Looks like we know whom controls Twitter...........

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

SadistNocturne
What is blowing my mind away is the blatant complacency I am seeing in some of the reactions here...

"Oh, what you are doing is the wrong way to do it...you need to go through the courts to do it..."
"Oh, I don't think this is the right way to do it..."

Heavily paraphrased, btw.

The situation we are in requires *something* to happen.

Without it, nothing will change, other than a steady progression along the path we are already on.

I wish I could join these men. I wish more people shared the sentiment and the dream.

-SN

I'd like to point out that the idea behind this march sounds perilously close to letting loose a lynch mob.

Thank you for underscoring my sentiment PRECISELY.

Apparently, you don't see this as a situation that REQUIRES drastic measures? Do you genuinely believe that the way things are, we can continue? That we can use "official avenues" to address our grievances? That we can honestly expect our corrupt gov't to change without some form of action?

Thank you for pointing this out.

-SN

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Looks like we know whom controls Twitter...........

That brings a whole new meaning to the term "Government Shutdown"

I appreciate you bringing that to the thread....kinda drives home the conspiracy to silence doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Hi OpB

See, that is a very good point, and in light of the truckers' twitter account just now being shut-down, I see the MSM being very one-sided against this action......if they cover it at all.

But, if they're (The Truckers) big enough and loud enough and cause enough traffic chaos they will be unavoidable either way.

And yes, definitely time to wipe the slate clean and start again.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

" Do you think this is a good idea? "

I think it's a Great Idea . Peaceful Civil Disobedience is the Only thing the American People can use against these Criminals in Washington without Provoking a Violent Reaction on their part , unless they want to Openly Break the Law that they themselves were Elected to Uphold . Another thing , suppose MILLIONS of Americans Personally Decide to Not Sign up for Obamacare ? Will the Goverment and the IRS go after Every One of them ? There is a Strenght in Large Numbers that Frighten those in Public Office when they Push WE The People Too Far and Ignore not only Our Constitutional Rights , but also our God Given Right to Live in Peace and Defend Ourselves when Necessary.................

edit on 7-10-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I wonder how many truckers they will gun down in the name of national security. Seriously, if cars are considered deadly weapons, then those trucks are Weapons of Mass Destruction.
edit on 7-10-2013 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
In case everyone missed it, they are spotting modified deuce and a halfs in the DC area. Fitted for what looks like swat or riot control most likely... this isn't looking good.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-10-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Sublimecraft
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think the feds will do anything it takes, and use whatever force is necessary

What's sad is that I am on the other side of the planet and I could not agree more with that statement.

I hope that your Constitutional Republic does not morph into a dictatorship.....because it's starting to look pretty blurry these days.

I think more and more of us are starting to realize the outcome to that ...is uncertain. That is something I never thought I'd come to face as an American. So much has changed SO drastically and in such a short time.

I still recall saying to people in 2008...'ehhh... it's only a 4 year term. How much harm could he do?' I actually chuckled when saying that.....figuring nothing could be that bad in such a short time because it never has been in our nation.

Talk about a time of new realities. Few of them, positive ones.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

AngryCymraeg

SadistNocturne
What is blowing my mind away is the blatant complacency I am seeing in some of the reactions here...

"Oh, what you are doing is the wrong way to do it...you need to go through the courts to do it..."
"Oh, I don't think this is the right way to do it..."

Heavily paraphrased, btw.

The situation we are in requires *something* to happen.

Without it, nothing will change, other than a steady progression along the path we are already on.

I wish I could join these men. I wish more people shared the sentiment and the dream.

-SN

I'd like to point out that the idea behind this march sounds perilously close to letting loose a lynch mob.

Apparently, you don't see this as a situation that REQUIRES drastic measures? Do you genuinely believe that the way things are, we can continue? That we can use "official avenues" to address our grievances? That we can honestly expect our corrupt gov't to change without some form of action?

-SN

I'm sorry, so you want people hung from lampposts in Washington DC? Really? Despite the fact that such an action would prove that the USA has finally gone to hell in a handbasket, prompting the biggest financial collapse since Rome discovered that the only thing it had left in its coffers was some mouse droppings and an IOU from Stilicho? Seriously?
So who would be the first person hung? Please tell me that it would be John 'Crying Man' Boehner, the idiot who is the biggest disgrace to the position of Speaker of the House since the dawn of the Republic?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

-SN

We are very much in a situation that requires DRASTIC action. Anyone who thinks we're getting out of this mess peacefully is totally living with their head...in the sand. Is the polite way to say it, I guess. If there was a hell, there would be a special place in it for all the people who sit around wringing their hands about finding a "peaceful" solution while the clowns in D.C. rape, and pillage, and burn everything we care about.

The only thing that is going to fix what is happening now is revolution. The violent kind. Because if you think the 1% and the Money-People are going to go quietly....well you're living in fantasy land.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

I'm sorry, so you want people hung from lampposts in Washington DC? Really? Despite the fact that such an action would prove that the USA has finally gone to hell in a handbasket, prompting the biggest financial collapse since Rome discovered that the only thing it had left in its coffers was some mouse droppings and an IOU from Stilicho? Seriously?
So who would be the first person hung? Please tell me that it would be John 'Crying Man' Boehner, the idiot who is the biggest disgrace to the position of Speaker of the House since the dawn of the Republic?

At this point and time I'd like to invite you to read a bit about our countries history, and how exactly we went about gaining independence from Great Britain.

Not saying you don't already know it. Think of it as a refresher.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I support T2SDA! I will be shutting down my business and will practice no commerce public or private October 11-13.

My deceased father along with oldest brother are Independent Over the Road truckers and work very long hours for their living at great financial risk to themselves, try buying a $150,000 rig each three years in order to make a living, lots of capitol hoping a little of it stays in the checking account - its tough and stressful and the government unnecessarily adds to it in so many ways most of the general public has no idea of.

The truckers have list of things directly affecting their living followed by a list of constitutional grievances that apply to the wider public.

American Drivers Terms, press release

The MSM of course latches onto the most sensational aspects they can get someone to voice throwing the point of the truckers strike off message which is basically our government is making it harder and harder to make an honest living while violating the constitution on a wholesale basis.

Some up thread have minimized the potential impact of a three day truckers strike maybe not realizing Face book shutdown their first page at 86,000 likes and the second Facebook page is within a week or so back up to 49,000 likes. Twitter just tried to censor them also. Despite this grassroots support is strong as truckers, vets, bikers and RV folks are coordinating activities not only for Washington but nationally as well. The same weekend will also see national effort by the Overpass protesters calling for impeachment.

No big deal right? means nothing to me and its just a bunch of malcontents right?

Nope, that's wrong,

This strike is not just in Washington D.C., truckers who cannot afford to make it to D.C. will also be shutting down in place all across the country October 11-13, parking their rigs wherever they are in support.

The Just In Time or JIT inventory system used to such a great affect by large business will suffer disruption causing very unpredictable spot shortages of goods across the economic spectrum, could be potato's, could be auto parts, could be just about any consumer item one can think of because its all hauled on trucks one way or another.

I think this will amount to a "shot across the bow" using naval terms to describe the following weeks after this three day shut down - sure many trucks are company owned, many are union driven and some just can't afford the downtime but I think a significant percentage is participating where the effect will be noticed by the government, economists, market and the public to make their time worth it by opening a wider discussion.

BTW, this strike was called for long before the current budget impasse occurred and it now happenstance that the truckers strike is occurring during the 17% government shutdown.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Not a good idea...

Ideas predicated on violence are dumb.

I would not be surprised if he was talking to LE today and DOT tomorrow.

I would agree to a peaceful protest...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join