It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney Harbour fireworks display.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Cheers mate !

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Stupid thread bud, plain and simple.
Think of all the other major events going on around the world and you want to ark up over fireworks.
Many countries spend money on inane things and we are no different, AFL Grand Final last week , NRL Grand
Final this week.
All you can do is keep your own house in order, you cant control big business or government.
You only waste your time worrying about it, but as it said they made 10 million dollars from it.
Who made 10 million and what will they spend it on and who did they make it from.
edit on 5-10-2013 by kudegras because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

"Stupid thread bud, plain and simple."

Take from it what you will, plain and simple!

"Think of all the other major events going on around the world and you want to ark up over fireworks."

That's exactly the point i am illustrating! Think of all the social and financial upheaval taking place throughout the world and yet we still feel the need to celebrate with fireworks, which essentially amounts to burning money! Hardly something one encourages or wishes to view when most people cannot afford to live properly.

Kind of like look at the pretty colours aren't they nice? Never mind that rumbling in your tummy and the fact that people are starving or committing mass genocide toward one another!

And as for the 10 million profit, well as you stated who is it for indeed? That's a valid question! If its Joe Public or small businesses and communities that share in the profit and prosper then that's obviously a good thing. If its the corporations and multinationals then that's another kettle of fish.

If you can't see the irony mate that's probably why you find the thread stupid i'm afraid!

edit on 5-10-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

andy06shake
The dude on Sky News just informed me that Sydney Harbour had just begun the largest fireworks display since the Chinese Olympics opening ceremony. One has to wonder at the hypocrisy involved when you consider the financial and social upheavals we are currently experiencing world wide. I mean is it really a good idea to be firing off 10s of millions of dollars in to the air?

Sigh.. I knew someone was going to post this.

This is why we can't have nice things.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
For those about to rock

Its not often the navy gets to blow stuff up here in peaceland ,let them have some fun for a bit
(p

edit on 5-10-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

andy06shake
we still feel the need to celebrate with fireworks, which essentially amounts to burning money! Hardly something one encourages or wishes to view when most people cannot afford to live properly.

well, people wast money by smoking, or drinking it....

The cost of the fireworks is less than a Dollar per Australian.... not much at all.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

hellobruce

andy06shake
we still feel the need to celebrate with fireworks, which essentially amounts to burning money! Hardly something one encourages or wishes to view when most people cannot afford to live properly.

well, people wast money by smoking, or drinking it....

The cost of the fireworks is less than a Dollar per Australian.... not much at all.

Less than $1 per Aussie?

That's nice. Sounds almost like it's nothing at all.

I wish everyone would give me .99 cents. if 22 million people gave me just under a dollar, I'd be quite happy.

Lets start. Whose first. It's nothing, come on, you can dooo eet..

WHY DO I NOT HAVE $20 MILLION YET??

Hrumph, and I didn't even get to see these Sydney fireworks. How about sydney stop spending the 99 cents people should be giving me..

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Strewth mate...It's just a few crackers. Better than 4th of July....

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
+1 for "stupid thread".Who cares what you think "another" country should or should not be doing? Sheer arrogance!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

fotsyfots
+1 for "stupid thread".Who cares what you think "another" country should or should not be doing? Sheer arrogance!!!!!!!!!!!

Its called an opinion something you will find people here on ATS are encouraged to have and express!

So if anyone is displaying arrogance I think you may find its yourself by attempting to belittle my opinion.

I would argue that firing off thousands of fireworks in celebration given the current financial and economic climate is arrogance considering that there are far better and more pressing needs that the money spent could have addressed, even in Australia!

My own country will very soon celebrate Guy Fawkes evening in a somewhat similar fashion. Nation wide we will waste millions of pounds on immensely transient light shows while barely being able to pay our own social security programs. That spells hypocrisy to me anyway you slice it.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

andy06shake
given the current financial and economic climate is arrogance considering that there are far better and more pressing needs that the money spent could have addressed, even in Australia!

Have you bothered to look at the financial and economic climate in Australia? We still have our AAA credit rating and we have a new conservative government that will sort the mess left by the previous government.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
imho . . .

Good to celebrate . . .

before the Chinese descend en masse with their military to take over the land and exterminate all the Aussies to make room for the Chinese.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

That's all very well, AAA credit ratings will be rather pointless, if and when it all falls down.

Look around and take stock, ignore those bright sparkly things in the sky.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

andy06shake

fotsyfots

Its called an opinion something you will find people here on ATS are encouraged to have and express!

So if anyone is displaying arrogance I think you may find its yourself by attempting to belittle my opinion.

I would argue that firing off thousands of fireworks in celebration given the current financial and economic climate is arrogance considering that there are far better and more pressing needs that the money spent could have addressed, even in Australia!

My own country will very soon celebrate Guy Fawkes evening in a somewhat similar fashion. Nation wide we will waste millions of pounds on immensely transient light shows while barely being able to pay our own social security programs. That spells hypocrisy to me anyway you slice it.

May I suggest you take your concerns with your countries waste of money up with "lizzy"?You are correct in that youu guys will waste s..tload of coin on guy fawkes.By the way how much did you guys spend sending "ranga harry" over here in his freshly pressed pure white suit(complete with matching gloves)?While we're on that subject how much do that whole parasitic interbred family cost to "keep"?Now there's some serious bucks that could be better spent on the dire state of the world.
" Those in glasshouses should refrain from throwing stones " easily comes to mind,bro.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fotsyfots

"May I suggest you take your concerns with your countries waste of money up with "lizzy"?"

You may indeed suggest I take my concerns up with Lizzy, suggest away mate because it's not like i or any other member of the public have a direct line to her. Anyway would my concerns not be better addressed by that fool David Cameron?

"You are correct in that youu guys will waste s..tload of coin on guy fawkes."

Stupid notion if you ask me!

"By the way how much did you guys spend sending "ranga harry" over here in his freshly pressed pure white suit(complete with matching gloves)?"

I imagine the answer to the above is far to much!

"While we're on that subject how much do that whole parasitic interbred family cost to "keep"?Now there's some serious bucks that could be better spent on the dire state of the world."

You do realize that you cannot bate me with your anti monarchy moans and groans! I'm Scottish I don't hold with the rule of these people over Great Britain anymore than you seem too!
LoL

"Those in glasshouses should refrain from throwing stones " easily comes to mind,bro.o"

The whole world is now one big glass house, bro, that's the point! People are going to have opinions and mine pertaining to Fireworks is that they are a waste of money especially when it could most certainly have been put to better use!

You cannot possibly be suggesting people should refrain from having opinions?

edit on 6-10-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Geez talk about trying to harsh our buzz over a significant event like this one-off centenary celebration

All the pageantry is great PR for the public here and also great advertising for the tourism industry IE you've heard about it OS, saw the harbour and surrounds. Could even swing some foreign investors this way with the show of optimism.

A lamington drive by the ladies auxiliary would hardly have had the same impact internationally even if that's more in line with the austere attitudes of some jealous observers

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Pilgrum
Geez talk about trying to harsh our buzz over a significant event like this one-off centenary celebration

All the pageantry is great PR for the public here and also great advertising for the tourism industry IE you've heard about it OS, saw the harbour and surrounds. Could even swing some foreign investors this way with the show of optimism.

A lamington drive by the ladies auxiliary would hardly have had the same impact internationally even if that's more in line with the austere attitudes of some jealous observers

Its not my intention to harsh anyone's buzz, nor to deny the spectacular beauty of said event. I simple find the use of fireworks to be rather ostentatious.

As to the insinuation of jealousy over what amounts to nothing more than an exceptionally expensive light show in the sky, spectacular or otherwise, well all I can say is I have no idea why I or anyone else would be jealous of such an event.
LoL
edit on 6-10-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
360 degree interactive video of the fireworks:

www.news.com.au...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join