It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascinating video taken during Perseid shower, green hue unidentified.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Back on August 11, 2013 a video of the Perseid meteor shower was recorded near the Hopewell Rocks in New Brunswick, Canada (east coast). Towards the end of the time-lapsed video you can see a weird green hue moving through the atmosphere. The unexplained phenomenon is causing a bit of a stir as they've sent the video to a variety of scientists in an attempt to get an explanation. Still no explanation has been given. Anyway, I thought you all might enjoy this story and perhaps have some fun ideas of your own as to what this is!

Here is the link to the story: Space watchers seek answer for sky riddle from N.B.

And here is the video:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
cool video
thanks for that

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vexatious Vex

I have no idea what that was, but the video was beautiful! Certainly doesn't act like the northern lights although the color is the same. I think I'll watch again.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It looks to me like the camera is facing in a southerly direction but I'm not sure.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Definitely had the hue of an aurora. Nice video to boot!
The definition of the Milky Way is clear and very nice to see.
I don't know why they used foreground lighting but I'm no photographer.

:p

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The green hued thing looks and moves like clouds... The sky sure was yellowish before that tho.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

At first I thought Aurora, but since scientists doesn't know what is it, I'll stick with them.
Also I read somewhere not so long ago but couldn't find the link, that it has something to do with iodine and how certain halogen molecules being released into the atmosphere causing this reaction.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Aurora Borealis.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
kind of looks like thin clouds rolled in and the light that was set up behind the rock reflected on them. that's really what i think it is. as a photographer myself... it doesn't look particularly mysterious. it's a GREAT video though!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It looks to me like some low fog being illuminated by the green lighting they had set up.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's been explained as lighting used by a/the photgrapher.

Green lights explained

We believe the light is shining off the incoming tide and, with the incoming tide, you’re also going to get a drop in temperature which means you’ll likely get some light fog forming above the water. So, they believe it’s the light reflecting off the waves of the tide coming in off the fog.”

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I read an article about this very phenomena and it was attributed to what is termed "airglow" is a optical phenomena caused by excited oxygen molecules in the upper atmosphere

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Just realized, it's a reflection of the tide coming in. Don't watch the sky, watch the ground and you'll see it too. Pretty cool lesson on how interpretation of an event is based almost entirely on where you place your focus. LOL

new topics

top topics

join