It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US Capitol locked down after reports of shots fired near the West Front

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Also... is it possible that a shot went off before she hauled arse into the three point turn that made her think there was an attack actually going on at the White House considering what has been in the news lately with the Naval Yard?

She is turned around, confused, hears a shot sees guns and flees?

I don't know just thinking out loud.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Wookiep

opethPA

Wookiep
reply to post by opethPA

As long as it helps you sleep at night, go ahead and believe the right choice was made by the cops. I would at the least encourage you to not ignore the fact that what the media reported initially and never even denied now was totally false. This fact alone should be raising a lot of question in that mind of yours.

It's funny because I don't think I have seen one post where I said this lady deserved to die or saying they made the right choice. What i said was the people on the ground acted on what they saw in front of them and that one person caused this problem.

Ok, that's fine. I barely even talked about that in my last reply, feel however you want to feel about it.

Sorry I am not part of the ATS , "only the govt can do bad things" crowd. ON a daily basis people make dumb, dangerous, horrible , crazy, violent choices.
This lady made them and she paid the ultimate prices for her actions.

I take issue with this though, because I mentioned the media but we could go down a big rabbit hole and discuss government conspiracies but you aren't in that "crowd". What I'm concerned with, when I see these types of replies is the fact that you totally missed the false reporting by the media, not just 1 false report, MULTIPLE false reports. That doesn't get your wheels turning at all? Instead, you push all that aside and come on here wanting to argue just to argue?
edit on 3-10-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

I don't for a second believe she shot at the police.
It has already been stated that she didn't damage the totaled police car, regardless of the if the MSM reported that.
I believe that multiple things were reported incorrectly when this first came across the wire.
At least from the video currently being shown I believe she made a serious of bad choices that led

Since when is having a differing opinion arguing for arguing sake? You feel passionately one way and I feel the other.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Thank you, I have never heard of this ribbon before. By the time I was born in 1970, my father had already served and he didn't speak much about his time in the military.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Bigburgh

ThePublicEnemyNo1

JBA2848
reply to post by Bigburgh

Mirian Carey also goes by Miriam Carey.

Strange thing is this was her boss.

Lieutenant Commander Evans
hamden.patch.com...

Hamden periodontist Brian L. Evans, D.D.S., M.S. was honored by the United States Navy earlier this month for completion of five years of reserve duty after his initial 3 years active duty.

Among the decorations Lieutenant Commander Evans earned and received was the National Defense Service Ribbon and Commendation Medal. Presented by Admiral Cullison in 2007 was the Commendation Medal for his meritorious service in the superior performance of his duties as a staff periodontist while serving active duty in Norfolk, VA July, 2004 through July, 2007.

edit on 3-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

So do you think there's a connection? I'm trying to understand what her boss may have to do with any of this. Or we're you just making mention?

Woah! I actually see where is going now.

Thank much again.

Please clue the rest of us in please!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

That video is the second time she was stopped. And then the short chase to where she was shot and her car rolled to a stop.

link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1

opethPA

ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by opethPA

That was so incredibly unnecessary especially, since I was not talking to you nor did I ask your opinion or care for it.

Kick rocks and start chaos somewhere else.

eh..I am sure everyone who got an NDSM and was insulted by your post felt the same way..
Oh i forgot ..a dentist can't get one.

By the way what ignorance is that?
edit on 3-10-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

First of all, I never said a dentist could not receive this ribbon. I have never heard of it.

Like I said...kick rocks, grow up and mind your business, I wasn't responding to you nor do I appreciate your vitriotic language.

I think you mean "vitriolic", and yes, your post can be taken as offensive towards those that have chosen to serve in a time of war and risk their lives. You're posting on a public forum. If you don't want others to reply to your comments, you'd best not post them.

link   

Highground

If I'm surrounded by cops in front of the United States Capitol after I just got chased from a White House checkpoint by secret service and Capitol Police... I'd probably not make any sudden moves and keep my hands visible.

And that is you. You are not her. You were not in her situation. Hell, you were not in that situation. I would like to think that most people would be as you described above, but alas, we are not robots. We all react differently.

She was running from police after allegedly trying to enter the White House, and was driving at 80mph towards the Capitol. At one point, she was right in front of the Capitol.

Pure speculation on the first part. We don't know the context of her attempt or possibly wrong turn in regards to the checkpoint that was 300 yards from the actual gate to the White House.

Their first option was also not to engage her. It was to pursue her and try to resolve the situation.

They escalated that quite quickly according to the available video. Once stopped the first time, they all had guns drawn and then began shooting as if they were in Fast and Furious at a speeding car...sounds responsible to me.

She made the decision to escalate past that point when she rammed the police car, almost ran over police that surrounded her car, and continued to run.

I have never claimed that she is not a player here too; I am merely offering that we do not have; nor will we ever have; her side of the story. Ever. You are seemingly okay with that because in your mind, the end justifies the means even though you have speculated that end.
edit on 3-10-2013 by ownbestenemy because: Grammar fix

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1

opethPA

ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by opethPA

That was so incredibly unnecessary especially, since I was not talking to you nor did I ask your opinion or care for it.

eh..I am sure everyone who got an NDSM and was insulted by your post felt the same way..

First of all, I never said a dentist could not receive this ribbon. I have never heard of it.

Like I said...kick rocks, grow up and mind your business, I wasn't responding to you nor do I appreciate your vitriotic language.

Fair enough..you never said a dentist could not receive that ribbon and since you never heard of it, why even mention it at all then because by your own admission you were not qualified to discuss the requirements for it,.

Please indicate what vitriolic language I used unless you mean something like this, "A dentist! Wtf...did he save many lives? " which I actually didn't say.

link   
reply to post by opethPA

I'm glad at least you see the false reporting that went on. I'm cool with the fact that you have the opinion the lady caused her own demise, it's just you've expressed it multiple times and in a provocative manner. Personally, I didn't feel suspicious about this event until the media gave me about 10 reasons to be. I really thought this was a crazy lady blah blah blah until I realized the media was falsely reporting (almost everything way wrong initially) how this went down in the first place.

link   

JBA2848

That video is the second time she was stopped. And then the short chase to where she was shot and her car rolled to a stop.

Ah ok I'm still getting around to videos.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

She was at the white house gate. Cops stop her she speeds away. Cops stop her near the Capitol where the video starts. She hits the car and almost runs over the cops. She speeds away again. Farther down the road she is shot and her car rolls to a stop. Baby is taken out of car then they shoot her again.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Wookiep
reply to post by opethPA

I'm glad at least you see the false reporting that went on. I'm cool with the fact that you have the opinion the lady caused her own demise, it's just you've expressed it multiple times and in a provocative manner. Personally, I didn't feel suspicious about this event until the media gave me about 10 reasons to be. I really thought this was a crazy lady blah blah blah until I realized the media was falsely reporting how this went down in the first place.

I 100% see their was incorrect reporting that happened. When i see something come across Twitter or the news crawl or whatever I pretty much shut off the MSM and focus here or other places.

I just don't subscribe to the theory that some folks here do which is "a criminal can't be accountable for their actions". If i came off as hostile towards you, it was not my intention I just think we disagree on that element.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

opethPA

ThePublicEnemyNo1

opethPA

ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by opethPA

Fair enough..you never said a dentist could not receive that ribbon and since you never heard of it, why even mention it at all then because by your own admission you were not qualified to discuss the requirements for it,.

Please indicate what vitriolic language I used unless you mean something like this, "A dentist! Wtf...did he save many lives? " which I actually didn't say.

Miriam Carey was also a career counselor where she worked at. She was originally from Brooklyn. Now KITC radio is saying she had Post Partum Depression. Why would she target Washington DC if she had Post Partum? Well, I'm not an expert, but let's see how they explain it.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

Maybe some of the members around here including you, should read posts a little more thoroughly. I said nothing that was offensive to anyone who ever served in the military. I stated that I had never heard of this ribbon and since my father was a Vietnam Vet/Green Beret, that I should make sure he received one.

Take from that what you want, but please read carefully before you jump on the "she's ignorant" bandwagon. Thank you for correcting my grammar

ETA
By the way my father served his country during a time of war...I think it was called "Vietnam"!
edit on 10/3/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Take the mental issues with a grain of salt.
It came from the Navy dentist she worked for.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

And that is you. You are not her. You were not in her situation. Hell, you were not in that situation. I would like to think that most people would be as you described above, but alas, we are not robots. We all react differently.

I'd like to think most reasonable people would not continue to flee in your vehicle when surrounded by armed police in one of the most sensitive areas in the United States.

Pure speculation on the first part. We don't know the context of her attempt or possibly wrong turn in regards to the checkpoint that was 300 yards from the actual gate to the White House.

Witnesses say guards tried to stop her; threw a fence in her path, she rammed the fence and hit the officer. She then took off down Pennsylvania Ave. as guards were radioing in what happened. That is the evidence we have so far.

They escallated that quite quickly according to the available video. Once stopped the first time, they all had guns drawn and then began shooting as if they were in Fast and Furious at a speeding car...sounds responsible to me.

When did they begin shooting?

After she rammed into a police car behind her, and showed a disregard for anyone's lives in the area. I dislike how people seem to forget this little tidbit here. They didn't just haul off and start shooting at her. She backed into a police car and then drove forward while surrounded by officers on foot. They didn't even shoot at her then - it was only after she did something else that is not clearly visible in the video that they opened fire.

I have never claimed that she is not a player here too; I am merely offering that we do not have; nor will we ever have; her side of the story. Ever. You are seemingly okay with that because in your mind, the end justifies the means even though you have speculated that end.

I did not speculate what I saw in a video. She posed a deadly threat to everyone around her. It's as simple as that.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1

Thank you, I have never heard of this ribbon before. By the time I was born in 1970, my father had already served and he didn't speak much about his time in the military.

Your Dad definitely was awarded the NDSM, as he served during the Vietnam War. Sounds to me like he was one of the GI's of his era most deserving of it, too.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by Highground

Maybe some of the members around here including you, should read posts a little more thoroughly. I said nothing that was offensive to anyone who ever served in the military. I stated that I had never heard of this ribbon and since my father was a Vietnam Vet/Green Beret, that aye I should make sure he received one.

Take from that what you want, but please read carefully before you jump on the "she's ignorant" bandwagon.
edit on 10/3/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

This was your post:

"Wow!!! Thans for the info. In that case, if a dentist gets this award, I should see to it that my Dad a Vietnam Vet (green beret), now deceased after being poisoned by agents white, pink, blue and orange gets one!

A dentist! Wtf...did he save many lives? "

When you start with "if a dentist gets this award" and mock the service of someone like that with the "WTF did he save many lives" then people are going to be insulted.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Then what did you mean by,

A dentist! Wtf...did he save many lives?

It certainly seems like you were implying that he was undeserving of the award for simply serving in the military during a time of war. And by extension, everyone else that did not directly "save many lives".

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Alright boys let's keep this relevant.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join