It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US Capitol locked down after reports of shots fired near the West Front

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
anyone who watched the video cannot believe it was simply an innocent lady who was scared of being pulled over. what kind of mother drives like a maniac and reverses full speed into police and speeds off with no regard for her childs safety? there will be more to this story we will find out soon.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

conspiracy nut
anyone who watched the video cannot believe it was simply an innocent lady who was scared of being pulled over. what kind of mother drives like a maniac and reverses full speed into police and speeds off with no regard for her childs safety? there will be more to this story we will find out soon.

Sarah Connor!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

conspiracy nut

One who is surrounded by people pointing guns at her car and attempting to force their way into her vehicle?
When panic hits there is no telling what a person will do to try to protect themselves or a child from a perceived threat. Logic flies out the window.

Look at the recent example of the SUV driver panicking and running over bikers when he felt his family was in danger.
edit on 3-10-2013 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Suspect pronouced dead. DC Police

www.wjla.com...
edit on kpm10bpm102013275pmu by kanbanozaurus because: add link

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The politicians have their deep underground bunkers made anticipating one day it will be the only safe place from which to run the country.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

idmonster

conspiracy nut

Sarah Connor!

Squeaky Frome?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

verylowfrequency
reply to post by opethPA

Yeah, just like you watched the video and your mind exploded with KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL

Actually that thought never crossed my mind..
What I thought when i saw the video was "well that person made a really dumb and bad choice"
Then I thought "that person made a really really dumb and bad choice given where they are"
Then I thought "hopefully they catch that person and they are held accountable"

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

eeyipes

One who is surrounded by people pointing guns at her car and attempting to force their way into her vehicle?
When panic hits there is no telling what a person will do to try to protect themselves or a child from a perceived threat. Logic flies out the window.

No.

If she was shot at the first stop..... maybe.

If she had been shot at the second time she was stopped..... not likely

She wasn't shot until she had been stopped the THIRD time (possibly by wrecking the car).

At some point you run out of chances to give up.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What's with all this "This is ATS, let's hold off on the......" starts to threads these days. Way to censor your own damn selves.

It's almost like some people on this site get a kick out of slightly denigrating members who think more conspiratorially than they do. It's becoming a popular opinion, sub-culture type situation. Quite frankly it's worrisome. Let people speak their mind without your 'rules' or 'judgement', they can come later.

Come guys this is ATS. If you think blue lizard people live inside your head FINE! Tell us how and why, what they're up to and what they say! I'm interested, even if no one else is........

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by eeyipes

People? Yep. If my car were being surrounded by simply just people with their guns pointing at me, I'd be tempted to high tail it out of there, too. However, her car was being surrounded by uniformed police officers and she chose to do what she did. While I'll agree that panic was probably at work there, her response was still irrational in my book, especially if what she did was on accident because the moment she started driving like she did, she became a danger to the public.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Interesting how a lot of these events coincide with these drills.

SMR

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Zarniwoop

Police didn't know child was in car when shooting

Idea: Always assume child is in car when shooting.

Law Enforcement would get nowhere if that were the case. You cant expect Police to think like that in every case be it in a car. home, or otherwise.
Even if, what's the assumption get you? Shot, because you thought maybe you shouldn't because you assumed a baby may be in the situation?

As unfortunate as it may be, they need to control the situation that could lead to serious injury or death to others in a matter of seconds.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I would also say she certainly didn't "ram" into the barricades, there is hardly any damage to the front of the vehicle. Tapped them at best. I see no evidence looking at the car that she meant to be a threat to anyone.

My guess? Driver distracted by cell phone makes a wrong turn, only sees the low black barricades at the last second and taps them accidentally because she could not stop fast enough. She is immediately surrounded by a dozen cops pointing guns at her car and trying to forcefully enter the vehicle. She panics and flees, and is killed in the process.

Panic could have set in before she ever had a chance to distinguish between "people" and "police officers".

Of course, we may never know for sure.

I'm not defending her actions, but I'm not going to assume she had evil intentions and vilify her either.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kanbanozaurus

I don't discount any possibility. However, when the whole world is filled with the smell of rotten fish, it's difficult to determine if the fish one is eating is rancid until it has been eaten. Alas, for then it is too late.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eeyipes

Yeah, I don't know about you but if 15 cops are pointing guns at me, I'm not moving an inch.

If she was that unstable, they probably did her kids a favor.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

The CNN video shows they fired upon her car when she left the gate. Reports are of a black car riddled with bullet holes fleeing the scene. She was probably wounded from the beginning, perhaps causing her to crash.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

wrkn4livn
reply to post by eeyipes

If she was that unstable, they probably did her kids a favor.

Because mentally ill people don't deserve treatment, they should just be put down, especially if they have children.

Where is the eyeroll icon? I can't find it.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eeyipes

Did Any of those Cops Bullets Happen to Maybe Hit one of the Tires on that Car ? You know , so the Car could not get Very far with Flat Tires . No you say ? They didn't even try a " Spike Strip " too ? I guess Shooting her DEAD was the Better Option ............Hmm.....

edit on 3-10-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

eeyipes
reply to post by Montana

The CNN video shows they fired upon her car when she left the gate. Reports are of a black car riddled with bullet holes fleeing the scene. She was probably wounded from the beginning, perhaps causing her to crash.

That was the SECOND time she was stopped. Not the first. The video you are watching is AFTER she was stopped near the Whitehouse, escaped by side-swiping a barricade, hitting a uniformed officer in the process and then drove through the middle of DC at 85 mph for mare than a mile. The shots in the video came when she escaped the second time.
edit on 10/3/2013 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by eeyipes

People? Yep. If my car were being surrounded by simply just people with their guns pointing at me, I'd be tempted to high tail it out of there, too. However, her car was being surrounded by uniformed police officers and she chose to do what she did. While I'll agree that panic was probably at work there, her response was still irrational in my book, especially if what she did was on accident because the moment she started driving like she did, she became a danger to the public.

It's not like she didn't have any awareness of the checkpoint. And isn't a shame our White House even has to have checkpoints?

I, for one, thinks this story makes no sense. But then again, I don't know what was on her mind at that moment. So I am not going to read into her mind. But if the government was shut down, and the White House is always full of tourists, then why today of all days?

I don't believe in false flags, but why would any sane person go through a checkpoint at the White House anyway, knowing the checkpoints are there? But not even once, but three times.

Maybe she was panicked, but how did she not see the armed guards at the first checkpoint? Did she shoot back at them?

Maybe I am not a nutter and would not go through a checkpoint with armed guards there. Maybe I might have just decided to walk to the White House if I wanted to be a tourist. But if she were not there as a tourist and didn't have business there, like if she were an intern, then she went there for a purpose. We just don't know the purpose and at this point we are not going to know.

But when I first heard this, someone had told me it was an assassination attempt against Obama and one of his guards were shot, and they heard this on CBS. I went to see the news, and at that point it was only on CNN and Fox News. The regular stations in Indiana were showing Dr. Phil.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join