It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would we nuke the middle east?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Laying aside everything else do you HONESTLY believe GW Bush would NOT nuke a few random cities if nothing else? I know the Policy used to be called a measured response (or something like that) in other words as long as they dont use nukes we dont. When they do we do. It would be easy enough to fordge if need be documents to show they were helping the Enemy.

We invaded Iraq under even less cause

Honestly, I do not know.

I am not up to date on US nuclear posture policies, so I do not know if propotional response is being used as a deterant against terrorist use of WMD.

If it is, that is where the mistake begins.

When dealing with terrorists, a nuclear deterant will not work. They have nothing to lose. Thus, a propotional response as a deterant to terrorist activity is futile.

But, if you use a proportional response as a deterant and do not use it in response, there is a loss of credibility and a reduction of deterant.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I wish people would read Tartessian's post in this thread and actually absorb the information.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Currently I'm supportive of America and the Bush administration. I accept the casualties in Iraq because even though i think every loss of life is terrible I know that we are trying not to kill innocents. A nuclear bomb being launched at an Arab city would be where i draw the line, once it was crossed i can't see myself wanting to have anything to do with ANYONE (whether it's a maniac like Bin Laden or the US gov) who would use a nuke on a civilian population that probably had very little to do with the attack in the first place.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hi Amuk:

Would we nuke the middle east?

Simply: only if we are nuked first.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If it was terrorists who would you attack though? Mecca or another Arab city? Just because Bin Laden and his crazy followers are willing to slaughter innocents that wouldn't make it ok for you to do the same. If it was the leader of a country who launched the nuke then at least you would have a target and the leader would have known he was dooming his civilization. Thus having a deterrent and probably not attacking in the first place (mutual assured destruction). If you were to nuke one of your allies like Saudi Arabia or even a country you have bad relations with like Iran on the account of Bin Laden then i wouldn't hold the US in very high regard to say the least and i very much doubt i would be alone.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trent
If you were to nuke one of your allies like Saudi Arabia or even a country you have bad relations with like Iran on the account of Bin Laden then i wouldn't hold the US in very high regard to say the least and i very much doubt i would be alone.

Correct. If the US did this they would place themselves firmly in the center of the Axis of Evil they profess to be fighting against. There would be a war on terror agianst the USA as it will have just carried out the largest an most cynical terror attack in history.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Why are we pussy footing around with these rag heads? We should get together with the Israleis and attack all of the Muslim countries. Terrorists come from all of them. I would turn Mecca and Medina into the worlds two biggest parking lots. Who the hell do they think they are attacking D.C. and N.Y.C.? The gloves should come off and we should nuke these son of a bitches back into the stone age, "not that they are that far from that now". The simple truth is that these people have declared war or as they call it holy war or a "jihad" against the USA we are at war period and we have the right and obligation to our people to use any and all means possible to protect our people from the enemy. What do these people have to do before the wimps in our country take them serious, I mean they attacked the pentagon for God sakes, wake the hell up, I think they mean what they say. Hit them where it hurts them! Tell them that if they make another attack on the USA or Israel that we will blow up "The Dome of the Rock" and the Isralies will rebuild their temple. vikingeric

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Trent

trent, this is exactly the kind of possition that the terrorists want to put us in. The truth is that we are now in the 21st century and we are going to have to start thinking that way. We are use to fighting countryt to country.

Now it is more idealism to idealism. We are going to have to realize that all of the Arab nations breed these assholes and are all therefore responsible for their actions. We cannot tie are own hands by an old way of thinking, we have to be able to defend ourselves. If our enemy is from several countries that all hold the idealism of destroying America and Israel they are all viable targets. It is time for the people of these muslim nations to "get a leash on their dog" if not they are not "innocent".

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Trent

trent let me ask you something. How many of the people of the cities ofHiroshima and Nagasaki do you think where involved in Bombing Pearl Harbor?

The point I am trying to make is that these people from these various Arab nations can no longer sit on their hands and allow these terrorists to do as they please. Say what you want but the terrorists are the governments of these countries such as the PLO was in Palestine.

The ASrab people are going to have to realize for themselves the kind of danger that these islamic fanatics are putting them in and then change it from within their own countries. If they do not, they are viable targets.

We have the right to protect ourselves. They have attacked NYC and DC we have every right to fire any and all weapons at our disposal.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I can't think of any reason NOT to begin the systematic destruction of the people in the mideast. They have continually proven that they are very incapable of living peacefully in the 21st century due to their strong religious beliefs.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
OBL and Al-Qaeda won't nuke America until we tell them/pay them to.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The middle easterners are the most barbaric animals on the planet. They cannot even live amongst themselevs in peace much less with others. The sooner they are destroyed the better off this planet will be.

I say fire up the furnaces again but this time throw in those guys in instead of the jews and this time do it right and eliminate them all.

Either that or turn the middle east into the biggest, nicest expanse of glass ever seen.

You knock down our towers, we'll turn your @sses into glass and dont forget it. And Mr. Preseident Akhmanutjob, i hope your body is the first to be vaporized.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Islam is definitely a disease of this planet. But the West keeps feeding it with oil money to the Middle East. If we spent the money we spend on fighting these Muslims on renewable energy and on our stocks. We cold effectively pull out of the middle east and give Israel a free hand to wipe them all out.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

You obviously know NOTHING about the middle east lol. The middle east has MANY countries, each country is TOTALLY different.

You really want to generalise like that and make yourself look silly? come on!

Barbaric? how PATHETIC are you!! look at the words coming out of YOUR THOUGHTS!

Your the extremist here, your the evil terrorist, I think it's time for you to look at yourself and change your views.

Your almost worse than osama bin ladin.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by vikingeric
Why are we pussy footing around with these rag heads? We should get together with the Israleis and attack all of the Muslim countries. Terrorists come from all of them. I would turn Mecca and Medina into the worlds two biggest parking lots. Who the hell do they think they are attacking D.C. and N.Y.C.? The gloves should come off and we should nuke these son of a bitches back into the stone age, "not that they are that far from that now". The simple truth is that these people have declared war or as they call it holy war or a "jihad" against the USA we are at war period and we have the right and obligation to our people to use any and all means possible to protect our people from the enemy. What do these people have to do before the wimps in our country take them serious, I mean they attacked the pentagon for God sakes, wake the hell up, I think they mean what they say. Hit them where it hurts them! Tell them that if they make another attack on the USA or Israel that we will blow up "The Dome of the Rock" and the Isralies will rebuild their temple. vikingeric

Your disgusting, that's all I have to say, I simply don;t understand how you guys can spread so much hatred, say these disgusting things without realising YOU ARE JUST LIKE THE EXTREMISTS! Man you are all so ironic.

IGNORANCE????? your all full of it.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Also a lot of you are pretty dumb, who the hell are you going to nuke if osama nukes the usa?? osama bin ladin is a person, he does not own any country.

Good luck with justifying murdering thousand of people. lol. What is wrong with you people? You all talk about the 21st century, maybe its YOU who needs to catch up to it.

Nuke millions of people? that is INSANE!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Why was this on the recent posts lol, this thread is OLD..

Oh well.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
At best, the President would be blamed for doing a bad job, and replaced with a libertarian who seeks to remove our troops from foreign lands.

Heh.. Libertarian.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Amuk

I think the entire middle east knows of impending doom. They don't give a fudge as well. All they care about is the vindication of their religion and holy ground. If we don't destroy them first, they will do it on their own. Religion is obsolete and irrational.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join