It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is extremely egotistical and prideful. Why does he not defend his name?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

I dont think GOD has to defend himself. Against WHOM would he defend himself? And why...(if we are all servants of the LORD himself to begin with)...would HE have to...to lesser beings (us)?

And your references to "defending" himself and "retaliation" etc...well, there is no 1 reason to. Defend? Retailiate?

Those are kinda-like oxymorons when you have the "NUMBER 1"...needing defense and retaliation. By HIS very nature....he doesnt need either.

Thats one of the benefits being the SUPREME BEING. "THe buck stops THERE!".

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

God is missing in action ... and it's like the freak'n Lord of the Flies here on Earth ...
the kids are running the show and the parent is no where to be found.
We all know how Lord of the Flies ended. REALLY BADLY.

edit on 30-9-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

Sometimes it is better to let the kids hurt themselves so that they learn the lesson to never repeat the insanity. If humanity keep getting fish freely, humanity will never learn to fish.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

Lol. From my point of view the bible is a slander piece on god from those who kinda have missed the point. God having ego.
. More like humans projecting their own ego pride on god.

Why should god care about the name when humans are not describing him but something created in their imagination that is close sometimes but not 100% god. God is the ultimate servant of all but knows what really will serve the soul and what will not.

If God is our servant, why is it that we masters have to obey him and how is it that the servant will judge us masters?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

wildtimes

If you or I had to suffer all of the vilifications God is tolerating, we would quickly start defending ourselves and our good name to all comers. Yet God does nothing and his pride dwarfs anything you and I might have.

God has retaliated in the past for less offensive reasons. If the charges against God are slanderous lies created by those who just want to denigrate, vilify and defame him, why does he not retaliate?

Because God is NOT A PERSON.

When has 'he' retaliated, exactly? What proof do you have of that? (the Bible doesn't count, nor the Qu'ran, as 'proof')

Are you being serious with this question? "[H]is pride dwarfs anything you and I might have." Sorry, but, this is preposterous...
mankind has been "assignating" human traits onto 'God' since time immemorial. Floods and earthquakes and bombs do not = "God's retaliation". We are CENTURIES beyond when any of those ideas held water.

What I don't understand is: Why do people continue to believe that "God" gives a damn what is happening here?

He does not. That is part of what the O P is saying.

"We are CENTURIES beyond when any of those ideas held water."

Yes but Christians have yet to mature to the new reality and are still doing a lot of damage because of their backwardness.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists as well as those who do not believe. They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief or not. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic are evil.

www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.liveleak.com...

Death to Gays.
www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Greatest I am

LittleByLittle

Lol. From my point of view the bible is a slander piece on god from those who kinda have missed the point. God having ego.

Why should god care about the name when humans are not describing him but something created in their imagination that is close sometimes but not 100% god. God is the ultimate servant of all but knows what really will serve the soul and what will not.

If God is our servant, why is it that we masters have to obey him and how is it that the servant will judge us masters?

Regards
DL

Those who believe themselves masters and need constant help to be, are the ones who are not self sufficient. The servants only need to remove itself/themselves and the masters are nothing because of their dependence for everything. The ones who believe themselves masters of others are always the weakest link.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Greatest I am

Battleline

We are made in his image, what's to defend.

Second

Are you saying that you would let yourself be slandered even if you could do something about it or are you saying there is no slander?

Regards
DL

If I was a god why would I waste one second on the species that I made in my image just for running there mouth.... to put it simple.

We are him, he is us....what's to defend?.....you could almost say we slander our selves by slandering god....no ?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Broom
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread973848/pg1#pid17007432]post by Greatest I am]

Sniped for brevity.

If God hates to kill us so much when his eternal patience runs out, seems quite often, whey doe he always choose to kill instead of curing.

Why does he take the Satanic low moral ground instead of the high moral ground?

All the dead innocent children and babies want to know.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Greatest I am
God has retaliated in the past for less offensive reasons.

Seriously.

Poor Onan was supposedly smitted down by God because he 'pulled out' during sex with his new
bride ... the wife of his dead brother that he was forced to marry. That was supposedly
punishable by death.

But it's okay with God that all these nutters run around the planet, mass killing in His name.

Doesn't make sense.

God is missing in action ... and it's like the freak'n Lord of the Flies here on Earth ...

edit on 9/30/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Absolutely. Thanks for this.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

*grin* - you re mirroring your ówn pride OP

you really think, God would want to let haughty persons enter Paradise ?
ofcourse not.

The fact that you have the same Haughty, boastful stance, proves He s Absolutely Right to refuse entrance.

now
that is the old testament.

- the néw testament, however,
is for every soul who Unlearned to be no longer boastful and proud.

[ had to respond - only cause of the threads offensive title.]

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Greatest I am

ProfessorChaos
Being that I am not God, all I have for you is this:

Matthew 27:40

"You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, save yourself! Come down from the cross, if you are the Son of God!"

Luke 23:39

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!"

The judge doesn't have to defend himself, he watches the evidence pile up and makes a decision when he's heard enough.

This is the same judge whose justice can be bought by ransom and bribes and human sacrifice. Should you trust a God who sells his justice to the highest bidder?

Regards
DL

Based on your original post in this thread and many others you've made elsewhere, I didn't expect you to get the point of the verses and my comments that followed; you've fulfilled my expectations.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

Greatest I am

ProfessorChaos

"You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, save yourself! Come down from the cross, if you are the Son of God!"

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!"

The judge doesn't have to defend himself, he watches the evidence pile up and makes a decision when he's heard enough.

This is the same judge whose justice can be bought by ransom and bribes and human sacrifice. Should you trust a God who sells his justice to the highest bidder?

Regards
DL

Based on your original post in this thread and many others you've made elsewhere, I didn't expect you to get the point of the verses and my comments that followed; you've fulfilled my expectations.

Sometimes you need to be cut down before you can rise.

MUMFORD & SONS Holland Road

So I was lost, go count the cost,
Before you go to the holland road,
With your heart like a stone you spared no time in lashing out,
And I knew your pain and the effect of my shame, but you cut me down, you cut me down,

And I will not tell the thoughts of hell
That carried me home from the Holland road
With my heart like a stone and I put up no fight
To your callous mind, and from your corner you rose to cut me down, you cut me down,

So I hit my low, but little did I know that would not be the end,
From the holland road well I rose and I rose, and I paid less time,
To your callous mind, and I wished you well as you cut me down, you cut me down,

But I'll still believe though there's cracks you'll see,
When I'm on my knees I'll still believe,
And when I've hit the ground, neither lost nor found,
If you'll believe in me I'll still believe

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

The only excuse for God in this instance is that he doesn't exist.

Best post in the whole thread. The bottom line is: even if he did exist, he's a monster and everyone here should have the self-respect to refuse him. Love is fear, faith is knowledge, oppression is security, all that BS can die with him too. He demands humility, yet demonstrates none. He promises mercy, yet practices none.

If only the human species would stand up for themselves and decide their own fate.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

I dont think GOD has to defend himself. Against WHOM would he defend himself? And why...(if we are all servants of the LORD himself to begin with)...would HE have to...to lesser beings (us)?

And your references to "defending" himself and "retaliation" etc...well, there is no 1 reason to. Defend? Retailiate?

Those are kinda-like oxymorons when you have the "NUMBER 1"...needing defense and retaliation. By HIS very nature....he doesnt need either.

Thats one of the benefits being the SUPREME BEING. "THe buck stops THERE!".

So your kind of pride in ones name is what your God has taught you eh.

Not much of a God and not much of a man.

Strange how your no.1 cant feel like a no. 1 without having us all grovelling so that he will not send us all to hell.

He may not need retaliation but he will sure need and enjoy his revenge.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

LittleByLittle

Sometimes it is better to let the kids hurt themselves so that they learn the lesson to never repeat the insanity. If humanity keep getting fish freely, humanity will never learn to fish.

That must be why God let A & E learn the hard way of him murdering them by neglect and forcibly keeping them from what would keep them alive. The tree of life. As you follow your God's example, I hope you do not murder your children like your God did.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

Greatest I am

LittleByLittle

Regards
DL

Those who believe themselves masters and need constant help to be, are the ones who are not self sufficient. The servants only need to remove itself/themselves and the masters are nothing because of their dependence for everything. The ones who believe themselves masters of others are always the weakest link.

So your God will weaken us on purpose by making us masters and he will take the best position. Rather self-serving that God of yours. He is to be all about him and if we are not all about him as well, we get to burn.

A prick by any other name.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Battleline

Greatest I am

Battleline

Second

Are you saying that you would let yourself be slandered even if you could do something about it or are you saying there is no slander?

Regards
DL

If I was a god why would I waste one second on the species that I made in my image just for running there mouth.... to put it simple.

We are him, he is us....what's to defend?.....you could almost say we slander our selves by slandering god....no ?

Why not just say that you are not as big of a prick as the God you do not believe in?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Lone12

*grin* - you re mirroring your ówn pride OP

you really think, God would want to let haughty persons enter Paradise ?
ofcourse not.

The fact that you have the same Haughty, boastful stance, proves He s Absolutely Right to refuse entrance.

now
that is the old testament.

- the néw testament, however,
is for every soul who Unlearned to be no longer boastful and proud.

[ had to respond - only cause of the threads offensive title.]

So your boastful and proud genocidal son murdering God will be the only boastful and proud entity in heaven. Tyrannies are like that.

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty and here you are preaching for Satan. Shame on you.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.

He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

Greatest I am

ProfessorChaos

Regards
DL

And you mine in showing you do not even care if your God and his so called justice can be bought.

That suits my agenda fine indeed. Thanks much.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

The only excuse for God in this instance is that he doesn't exist.

Best post in the whole thread. The bottom line is: even if he did exist, he's a monster and everyone here should have the self-respect to refuse him. Love is fear, faith is knowledge, oppression is security, all that BS can die with him too. He demands humility, yet demonstrates none. He promises mercy, yet practices none.

If only the human species would stand up for themselves and decide their own fate.

We are. Have you noted that no Christian is following God or his laws. That have all sold their allegiance to secular governments and their souls to Satan. Christians have nothing left as can be shown by the so called Christians that posted here.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Greatest I am

Battleline

Greatest I am

Battleline

Second

Regards
DL

Why not just say that you are not as big of a prick as the God you do not believe in?

Regards
DL

Why would I have to think I was anything if I don't believe in God ?

Second

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join