It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is extremely egotistical and prideful. Why does he not defend his name?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Most posters fail to understand the power of Jesus ransom has for believers and non-believers to God. Even entire civilizations. People just don't understand, as soon as Jesus died the next judgement wouldn't be by God, but be by his Son Jesus now empowered with that job. And it is coming fairly soon. From God's perspective of time he is fixing this fast, by the equivalent of one of our weeks. But one of his weeks seems unjustly long to beings that live 70-100 years.
edit on 2-10-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Wow. Angry much? When you start referring to God...ANYONES God... as a "prick"? All I can say is you should be glad our God forgives you as you are...

Now, now, stick to the official story. God doesn't forgive sinners who haven't signed on the dotted line, does he? That's what he made hell for...even knowing all the while who would have which seat and why. Because he made them that way, predetermined their fate according to his great and glorious "divine plan". Everyone who is going to hell is going there because that's what he chose for them. He's all-knowing and all-powerful, right? He created sin, he created Lucifer, he created hell, he created evil itself because he existed before evil, right? And everything that exists is because of him, right? And nothing happens without his permission, right? He's the master of everything. So if something happens, it is because he approved it before it ever happened. If you go to hell, he knew from the beginning that you would and approved of it. He didn't attempt to save you even though there were a million ways he could have. A million ways to come down and shake your hand and have some coffee with you. Thousands of rapes and murders and drug overdoses and violence happening worldwide, and he doesn't bother to show himself to them, to apologize for the pain he allowed to befall them.

I don't want his forgiveness because he had every chance to change how I would turn out. Now that I'm a real person, he's indifferent to the consequences of his design. So be it. I have no need for some Santa Claus in the sky. I will live as my own god. And when I die, that will be the end of my story. I have no problem with that. Immortality? The Glory of God? A jedi craves not these things. I think it is advisable that you look long and hard at why you really want those things.
edit on 2-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

You seemed to be obsessed with Yahweh (the "god" of the bible). I always see a new thread from you giving more attention to this "god". He is an aggressive and violent character, but people will still choose to worship him. That is their choice, but it really shows what type of person they are if they worship a being that supposedly destroyed the entire world in a flood and wished to do so again with fire as something "good".

Focusing, on Love, Peace, and Joy, more instead of these violent god beings will make you feel way better and make life way more enjoyable.

Fighting against these gods, will just make you disappointed in the ignorance (or pure evil) of humanity.

You are free from the control and abuse of these religions. They say "the truth shall set you free" and leaving these religions, I can say from my own experience, has made me more free.

All I need as my moral compass is compassion, and all I need in my life is freedom/joy to do as I will.

Peace.
edit on 2-10-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I think YOU should "look hard" as to why I want these things. I never said anything of that. Nothing. Nor did I say I was Christian, Jew or Buddist. I might even be an Atheist.

You see? This is all on you and your interpretation: your entitled to that. Even if you continue to make things up and twist them to sort your own agenda. That is really sad.

You couldve learned something here too....Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

You couldve learned something here too....Peace

If it was really so important, you would have said it anyway, instead of making me think I want it. And you didn't deny anything I said either. Context should make it obvious why I posted what I did. Your post didn't leave much doubt as to your position.
edit on 2-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

All this rant by a poster who's user name is the greatest i am? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Atlantican
The fact that you recognize God's past shortcomings show that you recognize your shortcomings.

There was a time when the world wasn't so complex and consumer choices now were once life and death situations.

Our progenitors once thought the same way your egotistical god once did. Add 6+ billion more complex and ever more rational, more creative and more open beings and you get the picture.

God, as you knew him while posting this OP is long dead, maybe with a new name in the celestial witness protection program. Relax. You are the ears and eyes of God. Be the mouth, too.

As a Gnostic Christian I live that way.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

mysterioustranger
Wow. Angry much? When you start referring to God...ANYONES God... as a "prick"? All I can say is you should be glad our God forgives you as you are...

The real question between the lines of your thread posts is why ARE you so angry? 'Mustve been some heavy trauma in your life?

But, I hope you can come to see the light... so that it brightens the darkness you are gnashing your teeth in.

Seeing the anger and intention of spewing nastiness and confrontation here...I feel there that for you...there is some greater need to be accepted...and perhaps where you are, youre not. And this is why there is much animosity in you....

Please dont respond to me, I will just disregard. Blessings to you anyway. And thats because thats how this all works.......MS

PS "And in the END? The love you take...is equal to the love...you make' ". So whats your score????
Peace

Much higher than yours it seems.

Don't get angry at anything shown below. It should all make you happy. After all, it is those of your ilk that are doing evil.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists as well as those who do not believe. They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief or not. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic are evil.

www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.liveleak.com...

Death to Gays.
www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Blue_Jay33
Most posters fail to understand the power of Jesus ransom has for believers and non-believers to God. Even entire civilizations. People just don't understand, as soon as Jesus died the next judgement wouldn't be by God, but be by his Son Jesus now empowered with that job. And it is coming fairly soon. From God's perspective of time he is fixing this fast, by the equivalent of one of our weeks. But one of his weeks seems unjustly long to beings that live 70-100 years.
edit on 2-10-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...

Literalists are all fools who will never find God.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

arpgme

You seemed to be obsessed with Yahweh (the "god" of the bible). I always see a new thread from you giving more attention to this "god". He is an aggressive and violent character, but people will still choose to worship him. That is their choice, but it really shows what type of person they are if they worship a being that supposedly destroyed the entire world in a flood and wished to do so again with fire as something "good".

Focusing, on Love, Peace, and Joy, more instead of these violent god beings will make you feel way better and make life way more enjoyable.

Fighting against these gods, will just make you disappointed in the ignorance (or pure evil) of humanity.

You are free from the control and abuse of these religions. They say "the truth shall set you free" and leaving these religions, I can say from my own experience, has made me more free.

All I need as my moral compass is compassion, and all I need in my life is freedom/joy to do as I will.

Peace.
edit on 2-10-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

Much truth here but all good men need to fight that evil or it will grow.

I have become,

www.youtube.com...

for some of the reasons you state about Christians, but I can take it or would not be here.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join