It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who see or sense energy - somewhere to share experiences, techniques and observations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where those of us who see/sense energy can not only share the different details and nuances of what we experience but also report on how that changes or intensifies over time. Also we can share on different techniques, methods, influences and general observations of what seems to enhance this ability.

For example, the phenomena I see seems to have started around the time I started having lucid dreams. I'll write more about my experience in another post.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences and observations.

Aelf
edit on 27-9-2013 by Aelfrede because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2013 by Aelfrede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
For me it started when i was little around the time an uncle of mine who died, i was really close to him. I never really "saw" energy with my eyes, and still don't "see" that way. for me its always been more in my mind. Its hard to explain i guess but its kind of like an overhead projector, where the energy/emotions/ghosts/ect is more felt and saw in my mind then with my eyes.

I always thought i would grow out of it as i got older, but I'm 36yrs old now and it only got sharper as i got older. I've had 2 major points in my life where i should be dead and multiple others that were just close calls. I'm not afraid to die and honestly couldn't tell ya why I'm still here but all those experiences have made me really intouch with my emotions, all of them. And it seems the more intouch with my emotions i am the more intense i feel these things.

I personally believe that emotions is the key to this whole thing. I always wanted to understand what makes me tick and why i could hear someones thoughts as they talked to me but others couldn't. It doesn't always work when i want it to and its not always 100% accurate, but its a good little guildence tool. The ghosts part is kind of annoying sometimes but handy for when i actually go ghost hunting. But understanding my emotions helped me to refine it and allowed for it to grow i think. Still don't quite understand it and honestly it caused me alot of problems growing up, from both my parents who never understood me and sometimes my friends.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What about those who don't see but sense it?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Roaland, thanks for this intriguing post. Will respond more tomorrow now (as it's quite late here) but your observations regarding emotions are very perceptive. You say 'understanding your emotions' - what exactly do you mean by that? Could you give an example?

Thanks for your valuable input,

Aelf

roaland
For me it started when i was little around the time an uncle of mine who died, i was really close to him. I never really "saw" energy with my eyes, and still don't "see" that way. for me its always been more in my mind. Its hard to explain i guess but its kind of like an overhead projector, where the energy/emotions/ghosts/ect is more felt and saw in my mind then with my eyes.

I always thought i would grow out of it as i got older, but I'm 36yrs old now and it only got sharper as i got older. I've had 2 major points in my life where i should be dead and multiple others that were just close calls. I'm not afraid to die and honestly couldn't tell ya why I'm still here but all those experiences have made me really intouch with my emotions, all of them. And it seems the more intouch with my emotions i am the more intense i feel these things.

I personally believe that emotions is the key to this whole thing. I always wanted to understand what makes me tick and why i could hear someones thoughts as they talked to me but others couldn't. It doesn't always work when i want it to and its not always 100% accurate, but its a good little guildence tool. The ghosts part is kind of annoying sometimes but handy for when i actually go ghost hunting. But understanding my emotions helped me to refine it and allowed for it to grow i think. Still don't quite understand it and honestly it caused me alot of problems growing up, from both my parents who never understood me and sometimes my friends.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Very good point! I'm glad you mentioned it now as there was just enough time to adjust the title and content of my OP to accommodate your suggestion. There is so much more going on than just seeing. Do you sense atmospheres/'feelings' about places, people, things etc?

I also have noticed as the seeing develops, so does feeling energy (with hands) - anyone else notice that?

Thanks again for this important observation!

Aelf

Leontopodium

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Aelfrede
Very good point! I'm glad you mentioned it now as there was just enough time to adjust the title and content of my OP to accommodate your suggestion. There is so much more going on than just seeing. Do you sense atmospheres/'feelings' about places, people, things etc?

I also have noticed as the seeing develops, so does feeling energy (with hands) - anyone else notice that?

Aelf

Leontopodium

Yes, Aelf, I can feel "quality" of energy from everything, but it's hard to describe it.
For example if I see/read a post I can feel the energy of the person who posted it and so on.
This is not with my hands but with all of my being.

I very much appreciate your response, Aelf.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

simply understanding why you feel certain emotions durring specific experiences. Like when you go to talk to a pretty girl, you feel nervous, why do you feel nervous? you don't know this person and she hasn't judged you yet because you haven't said anything yet and really have no reason to be nervous but you still feel nervous. Or your about to take a long trip, everythings all planned out and everythings running on time but you just stopped for gas and you suddenly start feeling anxious. You have no reason to feel that way but you do. Later as you drive down the road someone wrecked and ties up traffic for a few hours. Then you realize that you paused after you got gas because you were wondering why you had that anxious feeling, you paused just long enough to not get caught up in wreck. sure you were stuck behind it but you weren't involved in it.

those are two very different examples but they get my point across i hope. You can't pick and choose which emotions you pay attention to, you have to listen to what your body is telling you, least thats how i look at it. It works for me, helps me understand why i think the way i do sometimes and occationally keeps me out of trouble lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have felt it more than seen it. As far as I can remember I have always felt people's energy. The good, the bad and the neutral. My son is a very pessimistic person and more often than not I can feel him draining my aural energy just by being in his presence, even if he's having a "good" day.

As far as seeing energy around things and people, i have definitely seen it. If I concentrate enough, the aura that surrounds trees, plants etc... Explodes with bright yellow/orange colors.

Have have tried to see with with people, but I have not been fortunate enough to experience it. Yet

Any pointers?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My experience with feeling or seeing energy is slightly limited and I can't seem to control it. Sometimes when I go to bed I am able to see with my eyes closed. Sometimes I see only living things, like my dog or my hands and other times I see the whole room. I don't see things as I would with my eyes open, I see a sort of white energy that is pulsating around the edges of the objects.

I really freaks me out every time it happens! I have even had my brother put up fingers for me to guess while I've had a pillow over my head and I got 9/10...Although, Like I said before I can't control when it happens

Currently I'm trying to learn how to AP, I think whats happening is that I'm seeing through my astral eyes...But hopefully I get some more answers from my new experiences!

BTW if anyone has AP experience I would really appreciate any assistance you can provide, both in the physical and non-physical realm. PM me anytime!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

"seeing" with people isnt all its cracked up to be lol once my friends found out i could do it, it made a lot of them nervous because they all had something to hide. I never really cared, ppl are who they are and they think the way they think, it doesnt always mean they act on those thoughts. what worked for me was to just feel the energy and let the energy speak for itself. in my mind, all energy has emotion tied to it, if you understand emotions of humans, it just kinda speaks for itself after a while. just make sure your ready for it because if your not, its kind of annoying lol

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Lol, thanks for the heads up
. I think I'm more than ready, when I tell my husband to look and see what I see and he doesn't? That's so frustrating! Sometimes I think I need to get my eyes checked:/.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

i guess in that respect i'm lucky since i don't physically see anything with my eyes lol all i gotta do to shut it off is distract my brain lol.

as far as the husband not seeing thing, it took me a long time to actually come out and tell ppl close to me. Mainly because i made the mistake of telling ppl i saw my dead uncle standing behind my aunt at his funeral, its a long story but trust me, for a 7 yr old (or so lol), it didn't end well lol

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Almost totally blind in the seeing. But I seem to compensate with increased sense.

I play around with Reiki some and just push a little chi now and then. No OOB or AP yet.
edit on 27-9-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Can you feel the energy flowing more in the palms if you think happy thought, clap the middle of you palms a couple of times in both hands and put you hands on your shoulders for a while?
edit on 27-9-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

roaland
reply to post by Xquizit

i guess in that respect i'm lucky since i don't physically see anything with my eyes lol all i gotta do to shut it off is distract my brain lol.

as far as the husband not seeing thing, it took me a long time to actually come out and tell ppl close to me. Mainly because i made the mistake of telling ppl i saw my dead uncle standing behind my aunt at his funeral, its a long story but trust me, for a 7 yr old (or so lol), it didn't end well lol

Not strange at al, but I can see where your coming from. My husband has witnessed quite a few "freaky" things in the 12 years that we have been together. He was an Atheist when I met him, but no longer today. Lol

If I had the gift that you have, I would embarrassed it but more than likely keep it to myself as well. lol

Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
When I was a child, I apparently saw people no one else could see, from what that family myths say- I can't remember any of that.

But I went through a period of spiritual renewal or something around 1995- to 2000, in which I went through many different types of paranormal experience- from poltergeist type phenomena in our home, to seeing UFO's and abduction experiences, to nightime "lessons" in things like sacred geometry and lucid dreaming...

In all of this, I had a voice that would explain things to me at times, give me exercises to do, to develop different abilities. One of them was sensing energy with my hands.

In the same way one can use a pendelum, you can set out to find or choose something in particular, then "let go" and let your hand run over objects, or a map, and feel a tingle when over the thing you need or look for.
I found this to be useful in everyday life.

Some of the others, I found less useful, like lucid dreaming. A way of remaining in a meditative state while walking, moving and manipulating the world normally was rather useful as well, I think.

I went through a period of being able to see auras, but then, it kind of faded away as I just didn't make the effort to develop it further. I lost interest in it. I feel that if I turned my focus on it again, I could develop it better again.

I recently saw my first "shadow person", but hadn't any particular desire to be able to see that, I don't know why it happened. I am surprised that it didn't scare me at all. Perhaps with all I have experienced in the past, it just seemed almost normal in comparison.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Thanks for all your responses. Before I reply I'll give a run down of what I experience.

I will start by saying I had a recent eye test where no problems were found with my eyes and also I am regularly checking my blood pressure as part of this research thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So far my blood pressure is normal/low normal.

I became interested in lucid dreaming and out of body experiences in my teens and, after reading several books on the subject, actively sort to have my own experiences. After several months of dedicated effort I started having lucid dreams and out of body experiences and continue having them to this day (have about 10 journals of my experiences - although many don't get written down due to a busy life I suppose).

The connection I made between lucid dreaming/obes and seeing energy came only fairly recently when I noticed other people (on threads about seeing energy) mention they have lucid dreams. I realised that I started seeing energy after starting to have lucid dreams/obes. I've heard others make this association before as well. I think the act of lucid dreaming/obes/astral projection may well open up the third eye more.

Initially, when I started to see energy, I would see white glows around people, animals, plant life and objects. Then I started to see what I call 'dings' (I named them dings because I noticed when in conversation with someone, I would often see a spark of light above the person's head just before they voiced a profound idea/realisation. It made me think of how ideas are portrayed in cartoons - a ding above the head). Dings usually range in size from little pin pricks of light to the size of a small coin (although occasionally they are a lot larger) and can be different colours, white, gold, blue, red are usually prominent colours (although I need to pay attention to their colours more) but other colours too, and sometimes murkier dark colours. These dings usually only appear one at a time, although sometimes in quick succession. Please note: these are not those tiny glittery sprinkles you get when you sit up too quickly.

I started to see the glows around things not just as white, but different colours. Usually while gazing at an aura, at least one ding will 'ping' into view near what I'm gazing at.

In recent years this has developed further. I started seeing ripples in the air (a bit like heat waves you see on a hot summers day, but not quite the same) also other see-through stuff that can fall down like rain. Sometimes that looks more intense than other times. All of this has increased as time goes on so that I'm seeing this frequently throughout day. I've also noticed I can tune into it more at anytime and see more than when in everyday preoccupied mundane state of mind. But still, even when preoccupied, I will see things that grab my attention. Shifts in the air in front of me or in my peripheral vision. Sometimes like there is a creature moving past or a biggish fly in the air - but when I look around there is nothing (those things are usually dark in colour, but I have seen some lighter coloured things.

I've also seen figures appear at doorways. A cat appeared at the top of the stairs once, peering round (but when I looked no cat was there and our cats were outside). Usually when reflecting on the event, seconds after a sighting like this, I already know it didn't look 'properly' physical. Those of you who see this sort of thing will probably know what I mean by that?

Now this seeing actual figures/animals or whatever entities they are (where they are like a definite form of something i.e. a person) has been increasing more in recent times. I've noticed they flash into vision and out very quickly usually. But afterwards you have no doubt that you saw something.

It's this definite increase in what I see that prompted me to start this thread, so that others like myself can not only share our experiences (of course, there have been other threads like that) but also to track any development of our ability. Additionally observations we make that influence our ability to see/experience these things.

Important note: This is not just what seems to come into our normal physical sight, but also other senses or vivid impressions. For example, when the figures come into view for that split second, I can't say it's normal physical sight but is definitely in my visual field. Also, feeling energy is something that seems to go hand in hand with it all. Interestingly, as the visual stuff has developed, so has feeling energy. When I'm really tuned into the visual stuff, if I run my hands over my body I'm amazed how much I can feel. It's like I can feel very subtle fine layers, like my hands are able to distinguish more than just the different feelings of energy (e.g. tingling, pulsating, pressure etc.) but detect the feeling of layers.

I practice looking at energy (in a conscious, focused way) most days (I can see it anytime of day/night) but I often look before bed as this is a quiet time when I'm least likely to be disturbed. I think by focusing on it you enhance it. I suppose like with any ability.

Additionally, I sometimes hear things that can't be explained (e.g. Many times I've heard a car come down the drive, even car doors shutting and people talking - only to discover no one there. Then a few minutes later, someone will come down drive.) So will be interesting to have feedback on what people hear, as well as see, feel, sense.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Would you mind sharing more about what you mentioned with regards hearing others' thoughts? Do you still have this or was that just when you were a child? Also, how does this come to you? Impressions that come into your mind or you actually hear the person's voice, or something else?

Also, with regards seeing ghosts, could you explain a bit more how you see them (you mentioned that it's not with physical eyes but like an overhead projector in your mind) could you explain a bit more how you experience that? Are the images you see superimposed over your normal sight? Are you able to communicate with the ghosts?

roaland

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I know what you mean, and I agree it really is hard to put it in words. I usually just call it the general atmosphere of a place or person, or the 'vibes'. Sometimes it can be such a strong 'sensation' or 'atmospheric flavour' you can feel saturated by it. Do you find that? Also, do you notice different places you go or people you see can taint the whole day with a certain feeling/atmosphere? How, for example, simply visiting your local town can taint the whole day with a particular 'flavour' of atmosphere?

Leontopodium

Aelfrede

Aelf

Leontopodium

Yes, Aelf, I can feel "quality" of energy from everything, but it's hard to describe it.
For example if I see/read a post I can feel the energy of the person who posted it and so on.
This is not with my hands but with all of my being.

I very much appreciate your response, Aelf.

edit on 28-9-2013 by Aelfrede because: grammar

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I have been trying to have an obe for the past year and a half. I have gotten as far as the "vibration" stage then hearing grinding metal and partial separation and then I wake up not being able to move for a minute or so.

Could you so kindly share the steps you use to achieve astral projection?

I am getting to the point where I'm so discouraged that I have only been meditating once a week at most.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join