It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians need to have the Holy Spirit experience. It changes Everything!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There is an Experience in Christianity called the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

It is a direct Experience that is Intense and changes everything. Literally your ego dies and melts away and is replaced by Timelessness, Nonjudgmental Love, Bliss, Joy, Transcendence, Being, Forgiving, and so on.

It is a direct Experience, usually after you get Baptized, where you can actually sense the presence of the Holy Spirit near, just prior to the Spirit entering into your body through the top of the head, killing your Ego and making you Selfless in the process. It literally feels like you've died, and have been born again, hence the term, "Born Again."

This is the Experience that Changes everything, your whole life is changed because of it, but guess what???? I have found very VERY few people in the West who have had this experience. I've gone up to Pastors that were heads of Mega Churches, Published Theologians that are on Nation Wide Christian Radio on global speaking tour engagements, Famous Apologeticists, and so forth and almost none of these so-called "Leaders." Have had this experience. SO literally, its like the Blind are leading the Blind.

In my 10 years of being a Christian, this has been the KEY experience that has changed my entire life for the better, filled with Mystical Divine experiences, and made dealing with life a breeze. And yet when I ask others about it, I have found maybe 1-2 people out of hundreds that have had this.

So it seems like Christianity in West, is a watered down spiritually dead mess!!!!!! Nobody is even barely teaching that you should be expecting this experience, that it kills the Ego, nobody is even teaching what the Ego is. Its a big mess!!!!!

What say you???

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominicus

Is that a new roller coaster ride somewhere?

btw... it just came to mind. But that sounds like someone cast a spell on you..
interesting.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Dominicus
and made dealing with life a breeze.

I had the infilling of the Holy Spirit experience in May of 1991. But dealing with life hasn't been 'a breeze' after that. I"m happy for you that it has been. But ... it didn't work that way for me.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your condition. I can't imagine the suffering you must be going through. Being possessed by a ghost must be terrifying. I hope someday you find the help you need to make it through this crisis.

Maybe these guys can help you...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's just the Christian equivalent of what many people experience in different contexts. Many people who have an NDE report the same kind of "Rebirth" feeling. It's not unusual in Buddhist or Hindu traditions. Even the Native American shamans sought the moment of spiritual enlightenment with their animal spirits. You even have the same sorts of accounts in UFO cults. Read the writings of Steven Greer, for example, and they are full of these "very special experiences" when merging with the aliens in their world. Study Kundalini Yoga.

Christianity (like many other religions) has a form of this experience that they then adapt as "Christian!" and claim it is the only way. It's not, of course. It's not unique at all. It's just that the Christian attitude of "It's all about me" prevents them from taking a more objective view and seeing that there is more than one road to enlightenment and that one is just as valid as another.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This experience is in no way limited to Christians. To think so is actually your ego coming out, thinking somehow your experiences are superior or better than someone else's.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Only if we assume the road to enlightenment and the road to God are one and the same. Enlightened or not, God meets us where we are and that is where the diversity of experience derives. My own experiences with the inpouring of the Spirit could be described as being born again, or to paraphrase Van Morrison, I saw my original face. Did it lead to a charmed life? No but it did form the basis of a changed me and as I can change nothing but myself and my own approach to life, I figure that is good enough. For now.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Dominicus
There is an Experience in Christianity called the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

It is a direct Experience that is Intense and changes everything. Literally your ego dies and melts away and is replaced by Timelessness, Nonjudgmental Love, Bliss, Joy, Transcendence, Being, Forgiving, and so on.

It is a direct Experience, usually after you get Baptized, where you can actually sense the presence of the Holy Spirit near, just prior to the Spirit entering into your body through the top of the head, killing your Ego and making you Selfless in the process. It literally feels like you've died, and have been born again, hence the term, "Born Again."

This is the Experience that Changes everything, your whole life is changed because of it, but guess what???? I have found very VERY few people in the West who have had this experience. I've gone up to Pastors that were heads of Mega Churches, Published Theologians that are on Nation Wide Christian Radio on global speaking tour engagements, Famous Apologeticists, and so forth and almost none of these so-called "Leaders." Have had this experience. SO literally, its like the Blind are leading the Blind.

In my 10 years of being a Christian, this has been the KEY experience that has changed my entire life for the better, filled with Mystical Divine experiences, and made dealing with life a breeze. And yet when I ask others about it, I have found maybe 1-2 people out of hundreds that have had this.

So it seems like Christianity in West, is a watered down spiritually dead mess!!!!!! Nobody is even barely teaching that you should be expecting this experience, that it kills the Ego, nobody is even teaching what the Ego is. Its a big mess!!!!!

What say you???

once again Dominicus, great post, proper choice of words. and accurate description. it is indeed to be 'Born again"

The Real Born Again. not the one that just carries a name for their sect.

u shall have my support should u need it in this thread.

S&F

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Dave Roberson's teaching on this subject is a MUST.

Below are links to some of the best teaching materials you will ever find anywhere on this subject:

EDIT: Audio on first two videos below appears to have been recently tampered with (BOTH copies), I have watched BOTH before so I KNOW they worked a few months back... Link to the second one: www.youtube.com...

FYI, the truth is ALWAYS hated and attacked.

As an alternative, this series of MP3's contains Dave's testimony: www.daveroberson.org...

Google search for Dave Roberson's Testimony.

This search also leads to a few excellent interviews as well.

There are other video's on YouTube also, example:

This first one is multilingual but worth the time:

How to Grow in God
www.daveroberson.org...

Transformation of the Soul
www.daveroberson.org...

"After reading Walk in the Spirit, Walk in Power, by Dave Roberson (which is the best study on tongues that I have ever read) I decided to pray in tongues every spare moment for as long as I could. I went for about a month. As a result, some very significant events happened... This was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced."

Daily Prayer in Tongues

The below quote comes from a link requiring a login, (U2U me or search if you want the PDF):

There are things you can do to strengthen yourself. First, don’t stop praying in tongues as you go about your daily business. As you do so, you are praying God’s perfect will for your life and everything that Christ is in you and has for you. Second, spend much time in private worship. God is calling you into His Presence, for that is the only place you will find fullness of joy–His joy–which will be your strength. And, finally, learn the process of assimilation that causes the meditation of His Word.

Entering into times of assimilating the Word of God fills and occupies your mind with what God is saying instead of what the devil is saying and doing. Give your mind over to the truth that helps you defeat the enemy; focus on bathing your mind in God’s Word and let His Word fortify your emotions with His strength.

I want to stress this point one more time: You can strengthen yourself and maintain your victory over a defeated devil by praying in tongues, spending time in private worship, and filling your mind with God’s Word. So don’t wait on anyone else to begin his preparation, and don’t wait to understand all the reasons why you should do it. Just begin by reading the book of First John fifty times. This is the way you prepare yourself for assimilation.

Assimilate the Word - A Key to Victory
profiles.google.com...

The Walk of the Spirit-The Walk of Power
www.daveroberson.org...

Dave Roberson Series (MP3's)
www.daveroberson.org...

edit on 26-9-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

You are still taking it personally, taking your experience and assuming it is BECAUSE of your own personal belief system. The problem is that you are unable to take a step backwards and place your experience in a global context. You can;t really do that because if you did it would mean you and your religion are no longer special. And in that sense there is no sense talking to you, since you have drunk the Christian/God Kool Aid. You have the right to your delusions, of course.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

ZeroReady

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your condition. I can't imagine the suffering you must be going through. Being possessed by a ghost must be terrifying. I hope someday you find the help you need to make it through this crisis.

Sorry, It's probably the number one best thing to ever happen to me in my life.

Its living living life at 2.3, and then jumping up to 10.999999.

Prior to this, there was suffering. Now there is joy, Love, Timelessness, Transcendence, no fear of death, bliss, etc.

I wish everyone would have this experience. Then we'd really be living in a Utopia!!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I have the exact same experience when I'm snowboarding or surfing or climbing a mountain. It's a good feeling to be sure.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
How much are tickets?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

I think it's somewhere around 10% of your income.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Has anyone told Christ about this?

I don't seem to recall how jesus had this intention. Hmm, I thought jesus cast out posession. Now it seems he is posessing people. Oh my. Has he become a demon? Jesus christ!!!!!

Naww, I kid. I don't really. I'm scared.

But you christians, go for it. Make it up as you go, no worries. The human brain is an amazing thing. As long as you realise that everyone else is fine, and we are not seeking 'enlightenment' through your christ posessing us and converting us into robots..

Iv'e already had a psychotic break once in my life. Don't need another one.

(see I have a halo)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Dominicus

ZeroReady

Sorry, It's probably the number one best thing to ever happen to me in my life.

Its living living life at 2.3, and then jumping up to 10.999999.

Prior to this, there was suffering. Now there is joy, Love, Timelessness, Transcendence, no fear of death, bliss, etc.

I wish everyone would have this experience. Then we'd really be living in a Utopia!!!!!

I'm glad that you found it. But I'm sad that you misidentify it.

Christ has nothing to do with it. YOU have everything.

Alas, seeing as it's a christian mind I am talking with, I doubt my sin of blasphemy will be observed without judgement... But YOU did it, not christ.

Wonderful stuff regardless..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I find your comments quite insulting schuyler. Of course my experiences are personal to me. Just as yours are to you. Assumptions? Not sure where you get the idea I've assumed anything about anyone. I have come across people that claimed enlightenment and behaved as though they had in some way, arrived. It would be quite wrong for me to speak for other Christians and their experiences but for me, my eye opening moment was about facing the heart of darkness and knowing that enlightenment is a journey, not a destination.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I have to say that I am quite confused by this statement.

There will always be suffering. When you lose someone close to you and grieve there is suffering from that loss, etc.

You have had a pre-birth memory and know that we are far more than just a physical body. Why would you, before this Christian experience have feared death before???????

You have had a pre-birth memory and know that we are far more than just this physical body. Why would you fear death??????

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Dominicus
What say you???

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking by this question.

You've described your experience and haven't fully explained how you achieved it. You go on to denigrate those who you feel haven't shared your experience yet are in places of authority in the modern church.

What are your spiritual gifts? Do you speak in tongues? Can you translate when someone else speaks in tongues?

What say you?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

winofiend

Has anyone told Christ about this?

I don't seem to recall how jesus had this intention. Hmm, I thought jesus cast out posession. Now it seems he is posessing people. Oh my. Has he become a demon? Jesus christ!!!!!

But you christians, go for it. Make it up as you go, no worries. The human brain is an amazing thing. As long as you realise that everyone else is fine, and we are not seeking 'enlightenment' through your christ posessing us and converting us into robots..

Iv'e already had a psychotic break once in my life. Don't need another one.

(see I have a halo)

Jesus insisted that He had to leave for the very reason that if He did not do so, the comforter (Holy Spirit) would not be able to come:

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Nobody is forcing you to believe anything. Keep your halo, your sarcasm and go about your merry way. He will still always be there waiting for you should you change your mind.

edit on 26-9-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join